Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Walk With Me In Today (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53)

MajestyJo 08-14-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

STOP THE BATTLES

"When you fight something, you're tied to it forever. As long as you're fighting it, you’re giving it power."
-- Anthony de Mello

What are you fighting?

Resistance always brings pain. Examine your struggle. What does your personality want from the situation? What does your soul want? What can you learn from this?

Always strive to mend separation and achieve unity. Always choose love over fear. If you can embrace whatever you are struggling against, the struggle will disappear.

"What you resist persists. And only what you look at, and own, can disappear. You make it disappear by simply changing your mind about it."
-- Neale Donald Walsch

*** Restart building a new foundation for your life. Clear blocks and transform your life. Discover a whole new way of working with life's challenges

MajestyJo 08-15-2013 09:36 AM

Quote:

Labels limit us

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
-- Lao Tzu

How do you define yourself, to yourself and others? Are you first and foremost a husband/wife? A mother/father? A bus driver, dentist, musician ... ? A Christian, Muslim, Jew ...? A nag, joker, dreamer ...?

Be aware that any label puts limits on you. Today, experience how it feels to let go of the labels to rest in 'I am.' Feel the freedom, the spaciousness, the infinite potential of simply being.

"With every breath, the possibility of a new aspect of self arises."
-- Wayne Muller

"As long as I am this or that, I am not all things."
-- Meister Eckhart

Love this, one of my favourites. It is nice to see a reading that affirms what you believe strongly in. I am not my disease. A label is something others put on us or we put on ourselves, either way, it is a label, and sometimes it can get unstuck or changed.

MajestyJo 08-15-2013 04:24 PM

Quote:

How aware are you?

"The capacity for delight is the gift of paying attention."
-- Julie Cameron

How aware are you of:
- your senses?
- your body -- its condition, needs and wisdom?
- your fears?
- your defences - how you hide what you’re really feeling?
- your self talk?
- your beliefs and their power to create your reality?
- your passions?
- your purpose?

Go on a treasure hunt to discover your authentic self and the truth of life in and around you!

"Relative to the level of awareness that is possible for us, our ordinary state of consciousness is as far from a direct experience of reality as sleep is from waking consciousness."
-- Don Richard Riso & Russ Hudson

The 5 Wise Guys is one of 40 journaling tools in the e-book Go deeper ... Reach higher ... Journaling for Self Empowerment. Discover how to draw out your own inner wisdom.

MajestyJo 08-15-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

PONDER THE RULES

"To do exactly as your neighbors do is the only sensible rule."
-- Emily Post

Do you have strong and clear definitions for what is acceptable and what is not?

Where have these rules come from? What's the purpose of these judgments? What do they protect?

Can we explore new territory for ourselves and others by allowing and even welcoming spontaneity, exuberance and surprises?

"The idea that men are created free and equal is both true and misleading: men are created different; they lose their social freedom and their individual autonomy in seeking to become like each other."
-- David Riesman

Is your spiritual development important to you?

MajestyJo 08-15-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

STOP THE BATTLES

"When you fight something, you're tied to it forever. As long as you're fighting it, you’re giving it power."
-- Anthony de Mello

What are you fighting?

Resistance always brings pain. Examine your struggle. What does your personality want from the situation? What does your soul want? What can you learn from this?

Always strive to mend separation and achieve unity. Always choose love over fear. If you can embrace whatever you are struggling against, the struggle will disappear.

"What you resist persists. And only what you look at, and own, can disappear. You make it disappear by simply changing your mind about it."
-- Neale Donald Walsch

*** Restart building a new foundation for your life. Clear blocks and transform your life.

MajestyJo 08-15-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

REVIEW YOUR CHOICES

"I was part of that strange race of people aptly described as spending their lives doing things they detest to make money they don't want to buy things they don't need to impress people they dislike."
-- Emile Henry Gauvreau

Once again, we invite you to look closely at what you are choosing for yourself.

Why are you doing what you are doing? Would you prefer to be or do something different? How can you bring that 'something different' into reality?

"You make what seems a simple choice: choose a man or a job or a neighborhood -- and what you have chosen is not a man or a job or a neighborhood, but a life."
-- Jessamyn West

"Choice is destiny’s soul mate."
-- Sarah Ban Breathnach

Confused about what you want and where you're going?

Sorry had to play catch up.

MajestyJo 08-16-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Open to the new

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn."
-- Alvin Toffler

How willing are you to learn something new? How open are you to new perspectives?

When we are open, we are willing to move to places we've never been before. We are willing to continually review our belief systems so we can test out new ideas.

Be open to seeing things:
- from another's point of view,
- from a higher and more inclusive perspective
- with a beginner's attitude of wonder.
"I am always in quest of being open to what the universe will bring me."
-- Jill Bolte Taylor

MajestyJo 08-17-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Give yourself free time

"What is it that makes all of us end each day with the sense that we have not lived our time, but have been lived, used by what we do?"
-- Jacob Needleman

How can you free up more time for yourself?

All of the great masters counsel that we need time daily for solitude. And if our journey in life is to become more aware of who we are, then surely we need some free time each day to explore our inner landscapes and uncover our passions.

What activities can you cut out of your life to give you more growing room?

"Life is made up of moments, small pieces of glittering mica in a long, stretch of gray cement. It would be wonderful if they came to us unsummoned, but particularly in lives as busy as the ones most of us lead now, that won’t happen. We have to teach ourselves how to make room for them, to love them, and to live, really live."
-- Anna Quindlen

MajestyJo 08-17-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

MIND CONTROL

"Concentration is the ability to think about absolutely nothing when it is absolutely necessary."
-- Ray Knight

"Eventually, meditation will make our mind calm, clear, and as concentrated as a laser which we can focus at will. This capacity of one-pointed attention is the essence of genius. When we have this mastery over attention in everything we do, we have a genius for life itself: unshakable security, clear judgment, and deep personal relationships."
-- Eknath Easwaran

"The successful man is the average man, focused."
-- Source Unknown

*** Step by step, progressively learn basic meditation methods to relax, concentrate, focus, reflect, contemplate and illuminate. Learn to meditate with new exercises weekly.

MajestyJo 08-18-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Soul lives in connection

"We all seek Soul. While Soul is always present, it doesn’t appear in our lives automatically. Soul requires our attention and reflection. Offering our respectful regard to the Soul is a way of loving it, caring for it, nurturing it."
-- Benjamin Shield and Richard Carlson

How do we experience soul in our lives?

It’s so simple! STOP AND PAY ATTENTION! Soul lives in connection. Whenever we are present and conscious, soul emerges.

To easily experience soul, find something you love to do and immerse yourself in it. Consciously savour a favourite piece of music. Consciously enjoy a walk in nature. Really experience your breathing and the pounding of your heart as you exercise. Really be present to your partner, your kids, your pet or another, and you will know the contentment of soul.

"I think that whenever soul is present, it’s because what you’re doing, whom you’re with, where you are, evokes love without your thinking about it. You are totally absorbed in the place or person or event, without ego and without judgment."
-- Jean Shinoda Bolen

MajestyJo 08-20-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Play with the growth journey!

"Humor is the instinct for taking pain playfully."
-- Max Eastman

Banish bad baggage, backward beliefs, boring boundaries, big blocks and belittling blame by building your beingness bridge by becoming a beautiful, bold, balanced, broadminded, boundless being.

"If life doesn't offer a game worth playing, then invent a new one."
-- Anthony J. D'Angelo

MajestyJo 08-20-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

ON VIOLENCE

"In violence, we forget who we are."
-- Mary McCarthy

Andrew Schneider describes violence as an issue of power. People become violent when they feel powerless. Violence is used as an inappropriate way of attempting to re-establish one’s own sense of power over whatever or whomever is perceived as a threat.

The antidote to violence in ourselves and in society is empowerment. We need to empower people to live out their best without fear. When people feel strong and able within themselves, they do not see themselves as potential victims. They do not have to struggle against others in order to feel secure. The curriculum for empowerment is learning and loving.

"Never use violence of any kind. Never threaten violence in any way. Never even think violent thoughts. Never argue because it attacks another's opinion. Never criticize because it attacks another's ego. And your success is guaranteed."
-- Mohandas Gandhi

What is personality? What is soul? How do they interact? Experience the power of living soulfully in the present moment. For more understanding, meaning and purpose.

MajestyJo 08-20-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

LAUGH!

"We don't laugh because we’re happy, we’re happy because we laugh."
-- William James

Why laugh?

Laughter nourishes the soul and triggers joy. It's a natural stress reliever. It stimulates the immune system and increases oxygen, stamina and our breathing capacity. Medical literature is full of reasons to laugh for the health of it.

Don't rely upon your funny friends, favorite sit-com or jokes to tickle your funny bone -- just laugh for the joy of it!

"Laughter is like the human body wagging its tail."
-- Anne Wilson Schaef

MajestyJo 08-20-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

CONNECT WITH THE LIFE FORCE

"The spirit down here in man and the spirit up there in the sun, in reality are only one spirit, and there is no other one."
-- The Upanishads

We regard our lives as made up of an infinite number of separate bits and pieces. That is how our senses perceive our universe.

But science has now affirmed what the sages always knew. The life force is the foundation of all, unseen and untouched though it may be. It flows through everyone and everything. It is impossible to exist separate and apart from the source of all creation.

"Everything you see has its roots in the unseen world. The forms may change, yet the essence remains the same. Every wonderful sight will vanish; every sweet word will fade, But do not be disheartened, The source they come from is eternal, growing, Branching out, giving new life and new joy. Why do you weep? The source is within you And this whole world is springing up from it."
-- Jelaluddin Rumi

MajestyJo 08-24-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

KNOW YOURSELF THROUGH JOURNALING

"The blank page gives us the right to dream."
-- Baston Bachelard

Journaling takes us on adventures of self-discovery that explore two different directions:

DEEPER into the realms of the subconscious where we can clean house of personal problems, pains, patterns, and reactions; and,
HIGHER into the realms of our potential, where we can connect with intuition and higher guidance and uncover our essence and purpose.
"Life is a narrative that you have a hand in writing."
-- Henriette Anne Klauser

"I want you to get excited about who you are, what you are, what you have, and what can still be for you. I want to inspire you to see that you can go far beyond where you are right now."
-- Virginia Satir

Access your own inner wisdom by tapping into your subconscious and intuition. Release stress, blocks and negative emotions, and spark imagination and greater vision. Go deeper...