Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verses - November (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7627)

bluidkiti 11-14-2015 08:14 AM

November 14

How kind the Lord is! How good he is! So merciful, this God of ours! - Psalm 116:5

Proverbs 10:12 Hatred stirs up dissension, but love covers over all wrongs.

He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved. Psalm 62:6

Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. Jeremiah 32:17

bluidkiti 11-15-2015 08:19 AM

November 15

Psalm 119:143 Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands give me delight.

1 John 3:11 This is the message you heard from the beginning: We should love one another.

If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. Ecclesiastes 4:10

Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy! Psalm 98:4

2 Corinthians 5:7 (NIV) - For we live by faith, not by sight.

Today’s commentary by Dave Whitehead, Senior Pastor
We all have times when we feel alone and of no value to ourselves or those around us, but in those moments we are not separated from God. The reality of the Holy Spirit is all around us, yet our earthly limitations blur our ability to see the heavenly realm. This is where faith comes into play as a powerful tool. We can either be ruled by our inability to see the invisible God, or we can believe the good news that God is with us and guiding our lives. Our choice will have profound impact on how we view circumstances around us.

bluidkiti 11-16-2015 09:10 AM

November 16

Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvelous-how well I know it. - Psalm 139:14

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples. John 13:35

The one who eats everything must not treat with contempt the one who does not, and the one who does not eat everything must not judge the one who does, for God has accepted them. Romans 14:3

Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Proverbs 15:18 A hot-tempered man stirs up dissension, but a patient man calms a quarrel.

dwmoeller 11-16-2015 09:58 AM

I will walk in my house with blameless heart. Psalm 101:2

Thought: God's grace surrounds you today and always!

bluidkiti 11-17-2015 08:24 AM

November 17

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. - Psalm 39:7

Ephesians 4:1 (NIV) Live a life worthy of the calling you have received.

Thought: Your life matters. Others need you. God made you with a specific plan in mind.

Psalms 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Psalm 119:105 Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.

Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

And give thanks for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 5:20

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul. Psalm 94:19

Proverbs 29:11 A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control.

dwmoeller 11-17-2015 10:19 AM

Come....let us walk in the light of the Lord. Isaiah 2:5

Thought: Jesus lights our path so we won't stumble into darkness.

bluidkiti 11-18-2015 09:27 AM

November 18

I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. - Psalm 62:1

Ephesians 4:2 Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Mark 6:34 And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Colossians 3:12-17

Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty. Proverbs 14:23

Mark 8:36 (NIV) - What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul?

dwmoeller 11-18-2015 09:41 AM

The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Galatians 3:32-23

Thought: Your work in the Lord brings an abundance of blessings...to you and others.

dwmoeller 11-19-2015 09:48 AM

And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as your Father in heaven forgave you. Ephesians 4:32

Thought: In our busy lives, let us take time out for the touch of kindness.

bluidkiti 11-19-2015 09:50 AM

November 19

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:4-6 (NLT): But you aren’t in the dark about these things, dear brothers and sisters, and you won’t be surprised when the day of the Lord comes like a thief. For you are all children of the light and of the day; we don’t belong to darkness and night. So be on your guard, not asleep like the others. Stay alert and be clearheaded.

Today’s Thought: It is so comforting to know that we are His children. We do not belong to darkness or the devil. That is something to rejoice about. How are you going to give thanks to God today?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for saving my life. I pray that each day I do not forget what You brought me out of. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. - Psalm 62:2

Psalm 1:1 - 2 - 1 Blessed is the one who does not walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers, 2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night.

I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9:2

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

bluidkiti 11-20-2015 09:36 AM

November 20

while we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. - Titus 2:13

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. —2 Corinthians 5:21

How precious are your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!I can't even count them; they outnumber the grains of sand! And when I wake up, you are still with me! Psalm 139:17-18

Psalm 42:2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God?

Psalm 95:1-2 Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation. Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.

Ephesians 5:15-17 (NIV) - Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is.

The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; he will save, he will rejoice over thee with joy; he will rest in his love, he will joy over thee with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17

dwmoeller 11-20-2015 09:38 AM

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

bluidkiti 11-21-2015 04:59 AM

November 21

I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. - Psalm 130:5

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. —Psalm 90:14

1 Corinthians 1:4-5 - Thanksgiving - 4 I always thank my God for you because of his grace given you in Christ Jesus. 5 For in him you have been enriched in every way—with all kinds of speech and with all knowledge—

John 6:29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

How kind the Lord is! How good he is! So merciful, this God of ours! Psalm 116:5

Not to us, Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness. Psalm 115:1

Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word. Psalm 119:114

Psalm 95:2-3 - 2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. 3 For the LORD is the great God, the great King above all gods.

bluidkiti 11-22-2015 08:16 AM

November 22

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. - Psalm 33:20

Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Habakkuk 3:18 Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

Shout to the Lord, all the earth; break out in praise and sing for joy! Psalm 98:4

2 Corinthians 4:15-16 - 15 All this is for your benefit, so that the grace that is reaching more and more people may cause thanksgiving to overflow to the glory of God. 16 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

bluidkiti 11-23-2015 09:50 AM

November 23

Today’s Scripture: I Thessalonians 5:11 (NLT): So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

Today’s Thought: We are the body of Christ. Each of us has a specific function. One thing we all need to do is build each other up. You would be surprised how much a “thank you” would mean to someone.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I ask that You guide me and help me encourage someone today. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Psalm 13:6 (NIV) I will sing to the Lord, for He has been good to me.

Thought: Gratitude is good for your heart.

Be joyful always. —1 Thessalonians 5:16

Thoughts on Today's Verse...

Now wait just a minute. I have some pretty sorry days! Things don't always go well for me! Some of my friends have abandoned me at my worst possible moments. How can I be joyful ALWAYS? "Simple, my child," the Father reminds me. "First, joy is more than always feeling happy, but is instead, a deep abiding sense of being in God's grace and purpose. Second, no matter where you are, no matter how hopeless things may seem, your life is bound for glory — my glory!" In the light of this incredible truth, all other things seem bland, out of touch, and insignificant.

Psalm 100:4-5 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. 5 For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations.

Ephesians 5:15-20

Be very careful, then, how you live—not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. Therefore do not be foolish, but understand what the Lord’s will is. Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9

Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalms 46:10