Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - December (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783)

dwmoeller 12-18-2013 10:14 AM

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. - Matthew 5:6

Thought: The righteousness of Christ satisfies my longing.

dwmoeller 12-19-2013 08:54 AM

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. - Psalm 119:11

Thought: God's word guides our way.

bluidkiti 12-19-2013 09:42 AM

December 19

And you, child, will be called the prophet of the Highest; For you will go before the face of the Lord to prepare His ways, To give knowledge of salvation to His people By the remission of their sins, Through the tender mercy of our God, With which the Dayspring from on high has visited us; Luke 1:76-78

By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence. 2 Peter 1:3

1 Peter 1:21 - 21 Through Christ you have come to trust in God. And you have placed your faith and hope in God because he raised Christ from the dead and gave him great glory.

dwmoeller 12-20-2013 10:42 AM

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights. - James 1:17

Thought: In everything good, see God's grace

bluidkiti 12-20-2013 11:54 AM

December 20

And it came to pass in those days that a decree went out from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be registered. Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judea, to the city of David, which is called Bethlehem, because he was of the house and lineage of David, to be registered with Mary, his betrothed wife, who was with child. Luke 2:1, 4-5

Grace, mercy, and peace, which come from God the Father and from Jesus Christ - the Son of the Father - will continue to be with us who live in truth and love. 2 John 1:3

Ephesians 3:12 - 12 Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence.

bluidkiti 12-21-2013 11:48 AM

December 21

So it was, that while they were there, the days were completed for her to be delivered. And she brought forth her firstborn Son, and wrapped Him in swaddling cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn. Luke 2:6-7

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right. 2 Timothy 3:16

Psalm 108:1 - 1 My heart is confident in you, O God; no wonder I can sing your praises with all my heart!

bluidkiti 12-22-2013 11:36 AM

December 22

Now there were in the same country shepherds living out in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night. And behold, an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were greatly afraid. Then the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy which will be to all people. For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:8-11

Jesus replied, "If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water." John 4:10

Matthew 11:28-29 - 28 Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

bluidkiti 12-23-2013 10:49 AM

December 23

For there is born to you this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. And this will be the sign to you: You will find a Babe wrapped in swaddling cloths, lying in a manger.” And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying: “Glory to God in the highest, And on earth peace, goodwill toward men!” Luke 2:11-14

Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means 'God is with us.' Matthew 1:23

Mark 11:25 - 25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.

bluidkiti 12-24-2013 10:19 AM

December 24

And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the Babe lying in a manger. Now when they had seen Him, they made widely known the saying which was told them concerning this Child. And all those who heard it marveled at those things which were told them by the shepherds. But Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart. Then the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told them. Luke 2:16-20

For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

John 5:24 - 24 "I tell you the truth, those who listen to my message and believe in God who sent me have eternal life. They will never be condemned for their sins, but they have already passed from death into life."

bluidkiti 12-25-2013 07:38 AM

December 25

For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6

Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord's glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. "Don't be afraid!" he said. "I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The Savior - yes, the Messiah, the Lord - has been born today in Bethlehem, the city of David! Luke 2:9-11

Psalm 71:1-2 - 1 In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame. 2 Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness; turn your ear to me and save me

John 3:16 — For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

dwmoeller 12-26-2013 08:34 AM

The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel - Isaiah 7:14

Thought: Jesus born of Mary is God with us.

bluidkiti 12-26-2013 11:21 AM

December 26

he took Him up in his arms and blessed God and said: “Lord, now You are letting Your servant depart in peace, According to Your word; For my eyes have seen Your salvation Which You have prepared before the face of all peoples, A light to bring revelation to the Gentiles, And the glory of Your people Israel.” Luke 2:28-32

Suddenly, the angel was joined by a vast host of others - the armies of heaven - praising God and saying, "Glory to God in highest heaven, and peace on earth to those with whom God is pleased." Luke 2:13-14

Matthew 5:43-44 - 43 "You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy.44 But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you!"

Jeremiah 7:23 — ...but I gave them this command: Obey me, and I will be your God and you will be my people. Walk in obedience to all I command you, that it may go well with you.

bluidkiti 12-27-2013 11:13 AM

December 27

Bless the Lord, O my soul; And all that is within me, bless His holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits: Psalm 103:1-2

The shepherds went back to their flocks, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen. It was just as the angel had told them. Luke 2:20

1 John 1:8-9 - 8 If we claim we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and not living in the truth. 9 But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

Micah 6:8 — He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.

dwmoeller 12-27-2013 11:51 AM

Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart. Luke 2:19

Thought: Jesus is our heart's treasure. Think about it.

bluidkiti 12-28-2013 09:38 AM

December 28

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

And you, O Bethlehem in the land of Judah, are not least among the ruling cities of Judah, for a ruler will come from you who will be the shepherd for my people Israel. Matthew 2:6

Psalm 138:3 - 3 As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.