Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - December (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783)

dwmoeller 12-10-2013 10:29 AM

If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord. - Romans 14:8

Thought: Now and forever, God cares for His own.

dwmoeller 12-11-2013 09:39 AM

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him. - James 1:12

Thought: After the cross, comes the crown.

bluidkiti 12-11-2013 09:59 AM

December 11

Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a Son, and shall call His name Immanuel. Isaiah 7:14

So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content. 1 Timothy 6:8

1 Chronicles 16:34-35 - 34 Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. 35 Cry out, "Save us, O God of our salvation! Gather and rescue us from among the nations, so we can thank your holy name and rejoice and praise you."

Ephesians 4:1-3 — As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.

No one is ever going to be perfect here on earth, so we must accept and love other people in spite of their faults. When we see faults in other people we should be patient and gentle. Is there someone whose actions or personality really annoys you? Rather than dwelling on that person's weaknesses or looking for faults, pray for him or her. Then do even more — spend time together and see if you can learn to like him or her.

dwmoeller 12-12-2013 09:29 AM

Thursday, Dec 12, 2013

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. - 1 John 5:14

Thought: God provides!

bluidkiti 12-12-2013 11:02 AM

December 12

But when the fullness of the time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Galatians 4:4-5

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength. Proverbs 17:22

Psalm 9:9 - 9 The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

bluidkiti 12-13-2013 08:54 AM

December 13

And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he inquired of them where the Christ was to be born. So they said to him, “In Bethlehem of Judea, for thus it is written by the prophet: ‘But you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah, Are not the least among the rulers of Judah; For out of you shall come a Ruler Who will shepherd My people Israel.’” Matthew 2:4-6

So I concluded there is nothing better than to be happy and enjoy ourselves as long as we can. Ecclesiastes 3:12

Matthew 6:33 - 33 "So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today"

Proverbs 2:6-10 —

For the Lord gives wisdom;
from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.
He holds success in store for the upright,
he is a shield to those whose walk is blameless,
for he guards the course of the just
and protects the way of his faithful ones.
Then you will understand what is right and just
and fair — every good path.
For wisdom will enter your heart,
and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul.

We gain wisdom through a constant process of growing. First, we must trust and honor God. Second, we must realize that the bible reveals God's wisdom to us. Third, we must make a life-long series of right choices. Fourth, when we make sinful or mistaken choices, we must learn from our errors and recover. People don't develop all aspects of wisdom at once. For example, some people have more insight than discretion; others have more knowledge than common sense. But we can pray for all aspects of wisdom and take the steps to develop them in our lives.

dwmoeller 12-13-2013 08:58 AM

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. 1 Corinthians 4:18

Thought: The unseen glories of heaven outshine the glitter on earth.

bluidkiti 12-14-2013 07:46 AM

December 14

Now in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, to a virgin betrothed to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin’s name was Mary. And having come in, the angel said to her, “Rejoice, highly favored one, the Lord is with you; blessed are you among women!” Luke 1:26-28

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. Romans 5:3

1 Timothy 2:9-10 - 9 And I want women to be modest in their appearance. They should wear decent and appropriate clothing and not draw attention to themselves by the way they fix their hair or by wearing gold or pearls or expensive clothes. 10 For women who claim to be devoted to God should make themselves attractive by the good things they do.

bluidkiti 12-15-2013 10:07 AM

December 15

Then the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name Jesus. He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David. And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end.” Luke 1:30-33

So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding... Hebrews 6:1

Psalm 139:14 - 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

bluidkiti 12-16-2013 09:45 AM

December 16

And Mary said: “My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior. For He who is mighty has done great things for me, And holy is His name. Luke 1:46-47, 49

He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. Proverbs 2:7

1 Peter 5:6-7 - 6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor.7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.

2 Corinthians 5:17 — Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

dwmoeller 12-16-2013 10:17 AM

God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. - 2 Corinthians 5:19

Thought: God forgives us and counts us friends.

bluidkiti 12-17-2013 08:26 AM

December 17

But while he thought about these things, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take to you Mary your wife, for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit. And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.” Matthew 1:20-21

But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness. 1 John 1:9

John 3:16 - 16 For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.

dwmoeller 12-17-2013 10:39 AM

Do everything without complaining or arguing. Philippians 2:14

Thought: A willing spirit creates good will.

dwmoeller 12-18-2013 08:55 AM

Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. - Matthew 5:6

Thought: The righteousness of Christ satisfies my longing.

bluidkiti 12-18-2013 09:36 AM

December 18

“Blessed is the Lord God of Israel, For He has visited and redeemed His people, And has raised up a horn of salvation for us In the house of His servant David, As He spoke by the mouth of His holy prophets, Who have been since the world began, Luke 1:68-70

God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can't take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Ephesians 2:8

Psalm 46:1 - 1 God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.

2 Corinthians 5:20 — We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God.