Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More spiritual thoughts (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6157)

BW1 02-05-2015 12:45 PM

More spiritual thoughts

"Life is a tapestry of habits, delicately woven together -thread by thread-by the countless thoughts decisions, choices, ans actions that make up the entirety of our days. Our habits determine, in large part who we are and who we become. If we develop habits that enrich our lives and the lives of others, we are blessed by God. If on the other hand, we fall prey to negative thoughts or destructive behaviors, we suffer...thus those around us suffer."
~ Part of the introduction to the book PRAYERS OF A GODLY WOMAN Second Edition, 2002 Brighton Books, [no author listed] :173:

BW1 02-06-2015 11:11 AM

Psalm 37:7 commands us to wait patiently for God. But aws busy women in a fast paced world, many of us find that waiting quietly for God difficult. Why? Because we are fallible human beings seeking to live according to our own timetable, not God's. in our better moments, we realize that patience is not only a virtue; it is also a commandment from God.

We human beings are impatient by nature. We know what we want, and we know exactly when we want it: NOW! But, God knows better. He has created a world that unfolds according to His plans, not our own. As believers, we must trust His wisdom and His goodness.

God instructs us to be patient in all things. We must be patient with our families, our associates, and ourselves. We must also be patient with our Creator as He unfolds His plan for our lives. And that's as it should be. After all, think how patient God has been with us. [~From the Book --Prayers of a Godly Woman...no author] :173:

BW1 02-08-2015 01:59 PM

There is no pit so deep that God's love is not deeper still." ~ Corrie ten Boom

BW1 02-09-2015 08:09 PM

I believe that forgiveness can become a continuing cycle; because God forgives us, we're to forgive others; because we forgive others, God forgives us. Scripture presents both parts of the cycle. ~ Shirley Dobson.

BW1 02-10-2015 12:53 PM

Only God, who made our brain and heart, can successfully guide them to a profitable end.

How wise the Lord is in all His creations.

BW1 02-11-2015 12:12 PM

When I am dealing with an all-powerful all-knowing God, I, as a mere mortal must offer my petitions not only with persistence, but also with patience. Someday I'll know why. ~ Ruth Bell Graham

BW1 02-12-2015 11:21 AM

This life of faith, then, consists in just this--being a child in the Father's house. Let the ways of childish confidence and freedom from care, which so please you and win your heart when you observe your own little ones, teach you what you should be in your attitude toward God. ~ Hannah Whitall Smith

BW1 02-13-2015 03:10 AM

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends. ~ John 15:13 NIV

BW1 02-14-2015 01:23 PM

Don't let the world around you squeeze you into its own mold. ~ Romans 12:2

BW1 02-15-2015 01:34 PM

Christ is all, and is in all. ~ Colossians 3:11 (NIV)

"There are times in our life when we become aware of our smallness and God's overwhelming greatness. His magnificence is not the kind that pulls us down so He can be exalted at our expense. His majesty motivates and calls us to higher standards and inspires us to serve noble purposes." ~ TEA TIME WITH GOD, pg 85

BW1 02-22-2015 12:02 PM

"Blessed are those who hear the joyful blast of the trumpet, for they shall walk in the light of your presence." ~ Psalm 89:15 (TLB)

Want to share a line from the intro to Beth Moore's book as a suggestion for all today....

"Do only what blesses and not what burdens."

BW1 02-23-2015 01:43 PM

We are never stronger than the moment we admit we are weak. ~ Beth Moore

BW1 02-24-2015 02:50 PM

"Life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward." ~ Soren Kierkegaard.

BW1 02-26-2015 06:05 AM

"Your heart will remember what the mind forgets."

^^^ I found that statement just last night. It jumped off the page at me. Perfect timing for me to see, hear, feel.
Thank you God for that reassurance as it is answered a prayer as well as chased away a deep seated fear that took roots & remained within me when I first got sick.

BW1 02-27-2015 03:13 AM

"In everything set them an example by doing what is good." Titus 2:7

***Lord, make me a worthy example to my family and friends. *****

BW1 02-28-2015 03:46 AM

"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Lord, Make me a woman of prayer.

BW1 03-01-2015 07:16 PM

"Our obstinance will make us obsolete." ~ Beth Moore

"Walk your talk - Live what you learn that others will see God in you." Beth Moore

BW1 03-02-2015 11:13 AM

A gift with a purpose and a promise........

He withdrew a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." ~ Luke 22:41-42 NIV

This speaks to those tuff times in life that causes us sometimes to wonder..."WHY me?" ...but in Paul"s letter he said..... .
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:10 .

Once again...Adversity can be stepping stones to spiritual growth.

BW1 03-03-2015 10:39 AM

God intends that we speak words of kindness, wisdom, and truth, no matter our circumstances, no matter our emotions. When we do we share a priceless gift.

God's commandment is clear; we must observe the Golden Rule "in everything." ~ Prayers of a Godly Woman, 2nd Edition]

[BW's thot...there is no fine print to God's commandments]

BW1 03-04-2015 07:33 AM

How important it is for us- young and old-to live as if Jesus would return any day-to set our goals, make our choices, raise our children, and conduct business with the perspective of the imminent return of the Lord. ~ Gloria Gaither

BW1 03-06-2015 11:28 AM

"The next day when they had come down from the mountain...a great multitude met Him. Suddenly a man from the multitude cried out, saying, 'Teacher, I implore You, look on my son, for he is my only child.' " ~ Luke 9:37-38 NKJV

Dear God, may I listen closely to you so I will have something to say to others.

BW1 03-09-2015 12:23 PM

[found on another site & SO VERY POWERFUL ...]

Elder's Meditation of the Day March 9

"In the life of the Indian there was only one inevitable duty, the duty of prayer, the daily recognition of the Unseen and Eternal. His daily devotions were more necessary to him than daily food."
--Charles A. Eastman (Ohiyesa), SANTEE SIOUX

The most important habit one can develop is the daily act of prayer. Prayer is our eyes, our ears, our feelings, our success, our guidance, our life, our duty, our goal. There really is only prayer and meditation. We can only help others through prayer. We can only help ourselves through prayer. You can never become an Elder unless you pray. You can never stay an Elder unless you pray. You never get wisdom unless you pray. You never understand unless you pray.

Great Spirit, today, teach me to pray.

~White Bison

BW1 03-10-2015 12:08 PM

HOPE BURNS ON

You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my confidence from my youth. ~ Psalm 71:5

Always have a supply of hope on hand to help you plan your tomorrows.

What a God we have! And how fortunate we are to have him, this Father of our Master Jesus! Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we've been given a brand-new life and have everything to live for. ~ 1 Peter 1:3 THE MESSAGE

Dear God, I know that my hope is a forecast of your presence and a foretaste of your power. Amen and Amen

[From: QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD]

BW1 03-11-2015 04:15 PM

"We are products of our past, but we do not have to be prisoners of it. God's purpose is not limited by our past. He turned a murderer named MOses into a leader and a coward named Gideon into a courageous hero." ~ Rick Warren's THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE

BW1 03-12-2015 12:39 PM

There is something very concrete, nothing abstract, about talking to God your Father. It's a sit-down, face-to-face. close-enough-to-touch kind of thing. Talking to God as your Father is the most intimate of conversations.

When you talk to God your Father, you speak with someone you know and someone who knows you.

When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, Father the hour has come. ~ John 17:1 AMP

Dear Father, I come to you as a child waiting for you to speak your will and show me your way to me. Amen.

~ Quiet Moments in the Presence of God, pg 210-211

BW1 03-13-2015 02:19 PM

God's presence is a security system that helps you smell the smoke and avoid the fire.
~ From the book - QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD, pg 128

BW1 03-14-2015 01:53 PM

A woman dreamed of entering a large store in which the gifts of God were kept. Behind one of the ​
counters was an angel dispensing something to those who stood in line. The woman waited her turn and, when it came, said to the angel, "Please give me the fruit I need for my life." The angel responded, "I'm sorry. We don't stock fruit. All we have is seed."

You receive rich possibilities from God and make them richer by what you do with them.

God is the one who gives seed to the farmer and bread for food. He will give you all the seed you need and make it grow so there will be a great harvest from your gardens. ~ 2 Corinthians 9:10 NCV

Sow fields and plant vineyards and gather a fruitful harvest. ~ Psalm 107:37 NASB

BW1 03-15-2015 10:19 AM

When you know how much you mean to God, you fall head over heels in love with God.

No eye has see, nor ear heard, nor the heart conceived what God has prepared for those that love him. ~ 1 Corinthians 2:9 NRSV

BW1 03-16-2015 11:36 AM

This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad today! ~ Psalm 118:24 NCV

Live more fully in the present. Receive the present as the great and rich blessing it is.

BW1 03-17-2015 12:33 PM

erhaps the deepest human need is the need to be appreciated. Love the people God gives you, [let God be their judge] let them know you love them. Affirm who they are. Encourage who they can become. Give them your backing. Be generous with tokens of appreciation. Be slow to correct and quick to praise. Treat people as ends in themselves, not as means to an end.

Make someone's day by sending him or her a little not of appreciation. Call someone on the phone and speak of your affection....Because of what you say, people feel better about their lives and live more confidently. Your words of encouragement put them on their feet and get them on their way.

In the strength of your affirmation, people become themselves. ~ QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD, pg 380

BW1 03-18-2015 10:52 AM

When you look for God's signature and know that is what you are doing, you will see it everywhere. Everyplace and every person exhibits the handwriting of God.

Wherever you look, you see the handwriting of God. His name is everywhere.

The heavens keep telling the wonders of God, and the skies declare what He has done. ~ Psalm 19:1

~ QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD, pg 300

BW1 03-19-2015 12:38 PM

Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. ~ 1 John 3:18

God wants you to have inward and outward movements. God inside yourself to be with God, and go out to others to take God to them.

Retreat to the sanctuary, and then advance to the streets where people need God.

BW1 03-20-2015 10:27 AM

God is like a prism. What you see depends on how you turn the glass. Turn it in faith and see the greatness of God. Turn it in love and see the warmth of God. Turn it in hope and see the promises of God. Turn it in anticipation and see the guidance of God. Turn it in assurance and see the eternity of God.

The closer you get to God, the more of Him you see. ~ QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD, pg 214

BW1 03-21-2015 12:51 PM

When you travel with God, don't worry. You won't get lost. God knows the way.

When you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." ~ Isaiah 30:21 NIV

BW1 03-21-2015 08:17 PM

God uses your close time with him to equip you for service in the world. Prayer sensitizes you and helps you recognize where you are needed. It opens doors in your mind and heart and will lead you to others.

BW1 03-23-2015 11:51 AM

What do you do when there's nothing you can do?

You lost your job
Your spouse is talking divorce
Your child is gravely ill
and the list goes on

What do you do when there's nothing you can do?

Does your thinking go to...

I'll never be happy again
Nothing good can come from this
There's no point in continuing

Paul and James gives us the principles of perseverance and patience.

We do NOT throw in the towel.
We do not give up on God.

We wait on God. We believe in God. We hold on.
We stand on the promises of God.
We stand strong in our beliefs, our convictions.

We do not let adversity break us. In our weakness we can become stronger.
In our weakness we go to the throne of God.

Trials test our confidence in God.

"..you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." ~ James 1:3

Let perseverance finish in work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything. ~ James 1:5

Let perseverance complete its work so you will be complete.

Spiritual maturity is measured in terms of persevering faith, not persevering behavior.

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. ~ James 1:5

But when you ask you must BELIEVE and not doubt because the one who doubts is like a wave in the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. ~ James 1:6

With permission--North-Point Ministries--Pastor Andy

BW1 03-24-2015 12:05 PM

There is no compromise with God.

Compromise defined: Settlement of differences by mutual con concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims, principles, morals, etc., by reciprocal modification of demands.

God wants all of us. Every part of our lives, our entire will; every cell with in us. God is seeking a people who will not compromise.

If hell could receive text messages, then "No Compromise" would be the direct text to Satan's cell followed by..."Get thee behind me...I don't want anything to do with you" and his number would be blocked. We would be saying. "My soul is now free, willing and disengaged and belongs to God!"

1 Kings 18:21 "....How long shall you waiver between two opinions?...if the Lord be God then follow Him:..."

God has given you a choice..it is time to make that choice. Will you stand for Him or will you deny Him?

BW1 03-25-2015 02:48 PM

Life can be found only here in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese Buddhist Monk

BW1 03-27-2015 11:55 AM

Make the least of all that goes and the most of all that comes. Don't regret what is past. Cherish what you have. Look forward to all that is to come. And most important of all, rely moment by moment on Jesus Christ. ~ Gigi Graham Tchividjian

BW1 03-28-2015 02:22 PM

It is hard for me to begin statements with "I" or the like because I do not want it to be my ego talking so I am trying to think of ways to phrase things that it will be to glorify God because everything I know today is by the Grace of God. Yet I know I have only scratched a bit of the surface and there is so much more for me to learn. Now that I am open to God's spiritual truths they are blinding flashes. Through the steps of this recovery program God has shown me a deeper understanding of His commandments. There is no rationalizing, no justification to breaking those sacred commandments. He has also shown me there is no fine print or exemptions to those commandments.

An example of what I have done, experienced & uncovered in my inventory & have seen in today's world that have been disturbing to me are summed up in the following .....

Quote:

"In our modern world today, we may seem like drowning men because of the loss of much of our spiritual tradition."
--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

Our spiritual tradition shows us the way to live in harmony, balance and respect. The tradition taught us how to behave and how to conduct ourselves. The spiritual way taught us to pray and to purify ourselves. Handed down from generation to generation were the teachings about a way of life. Our relationship to Mother Earth and to each other was very clear. The Modern World does not relate to spirituality but to materialism. If we do not allow spirituality to guide our lives, we will be lost, unhappy and without direction. We are spiritual beings trying to be human, not human beings trying to be spiritual. It is said, Know thyself.

Grandfather, lead me to spirituality.
~White Bison