Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Daily Reflection - September (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706)

bluidkiti 09-01-2013 12:55 PM

Daily Reflection - September

September 1

A Time to Think: In God’s wisdom, He frequently chooses to meet our needs by showing His love toward us through the hands and hearts of others. –Jack Hayford, author and minister

To Act: Be the subtle voice that helps another in need.

To Pray: Lord, let my words and actions seek to uplift another whose load may need lightening and brightening today.

bluidkiti 09-02-2013 09:37 AM

September 2

A Time to Think: I believe the biggest determinant of our happiness at work is... us. –Jon Gordon, author

To Act: Let each day be your masterpiece.

To Pray: Bless the work of our hands, Lord, that it may always bring You glory.

bluidkiti 09-03-2013 11:16 AM

September 3

A Time to Think: Be assured, if you walk with Him and look to Him and expect help from Him, He will never fail you. —George Müller, Christian evangelist

To Act: Believe that Jesus Christ is with you, helping you now, and that through Him your life can be changed.

To Pray: Lord the greatest success I can achieve is to know You and to love You, and help others know and love You too.

bluidkiti 09-04-2013 12:07 PM

September 4

A Time to Think: Grace means that God already loves us as much as an infinite God can possibly love. –Phillip Yancey, author

To Act: Find one positive element in every day and reflect on it at night.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me face life’s problems with the sure knowledge that You’ll always be there.

bluidkiti 09-05-2013 09:44 AM

September 5

A Time to Think: Say you are well, or all is well with you and God shall hear your words and make them true. –Ella Wheeler Wilcox, author

To Act: Create positive messages that will forever resonate your beauty.

To Pray: Lord, help me to see the blessings that might come from my difficulties.

bluidkiti 09-06-2013 10:07 AM

September 6

A Time to Think: Every charitable act is a stepping stone toward heaven. –Henry Ward Beecher, clergyman

To Act: Hold on to what is good.

To Pray: Lord, keep me alert for opportunities to ease another's suffering.

bluidkiti 09-07-2013 01:32 PM

September 7

A Time to Think: Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin. –Mother Teresa

To Act: Use today as an opportunity to listen to God's voice.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me always to rely on You. I know you will never fail me.

bluidkiti 09-08-2013 10:40 AM

September 8

A Time to Think: Faith has to do with things that are not seen, and hope with things that are not in hand. –Saint Thomas Aquinas

To Act: Pray about what you want. Ask God if it is the right thing for you.

To Pray: Heavenly Father, help me to hear Your voice deep in my heart, guiding me.

bluidkiti 09-09-2013 12:33 PM

September 9

A Time to Think: Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work. –Oswald Chambers, author and evangelist

To Act: Be patient, have faith and work towards what you desire.

To Pray: Lord, show me how I might live up to Your expectations.

bluidkiti 09-10-2013 10:41 AM

September 10

A Time to Think: We ought to see the face of God every morning before we see the face of man. –Dwight L. Moody, evangelist

To Act: Welcome the freshness of morning and the opportunities that await you the start of each new day.

To Pray: Creator God, thank You for the works of Your hand that cry out the awesome truth of Your care for me.

bluidkiti 09-11-2013 11:53 AM

September 11

A Time to Think: I may never know the answers to the questions that plagued me after 9/11. But I know if we lean on God and each other we will be guided to a better, brighter future. –Michael Hingson, 9/11 survivor

To Act: Pray for the families and friends of those who lost their lives in the terrorist attacks.

To Pray: Dear Lord, on this anniverary of September 11th, help us to to find hope and peace.

BW1 09-11-2013 05:15 PM

:195: :195: :195:

Great reminder to not take anything for granted and to let those closest to me know how much they are loved

bluidkiti 09-12-2013 12:25 PM

September 12

A Time to Think: We fail in the work of grace and love when there is too much of us and not enough of God. –Suzanne Woods Fisher, author

To Act: Cherish your purpose in life.

To Pray: Lord, keep me alert for opportunities to ease another's suffering.

bluidkiti 09-13-2013 09:19 AM

September 13

A Time to Think: Start each day by affirming peaceful, contented and happy attitudes and your days will tend to be pleasant and successful. –Norman Vincent Peale, best-selling author and minister

To Act: Remember that faith will lead you through unsteady times.

To Pray: Thank You, Father, for giving me everything I need to be content.

bluidkiti 09-14-2013 11:06 AM

September 14

A Time to Think: Prayer is not pulling God to my will, but the aligning of my will to the will of God. –E. Stanley Jones, Christian missionary and theologian

To Act: When you pray, release your worry and rest in God.

To Pray: Dear Lord, help me to persevere in prayer when things seem impossible, knowing that You are the God of possibilities.