Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More spiritual thoughts (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6157)

BW1 03-18-2015 10:52 AM

When you look for God's signature and know that is what you are doing, you will see it everywhere. Everyplace and every person exhibits the handwriting of God.

Wherever you look, you see the handwriting of God. His name is everywhere.

The heavens keep telling the wonders of God, and the skies declare what He has done. ~ Psalm 19:1

~ QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD, pg 300

BW1 03-19-2015 12:38 PM

Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. ~ 1 John 3:18

God wants you to have inward and outward movements. God inside yourself to be with God, and go out to others to take God to them.

Retreat to the sanctuary, and then advance to the streets where people need God.

BW1 03-20-2015 10:27 AM

God is like a prism. What you see depends on how you turn the glass. Turn it in faith and see the greatness of God. Turn it in love and see the warmth of God. Turn it in hope and see the promises of God. Turn it in anticipation and see the guidance of God. Turn it in assurance and see the eternity of God.

The closer you get to God, the more of Him you see. ~ QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD, pg 214

BW1 03-21-2015 12:51 PM

When you travel with God, don't worry. You won't get lost. God knows the way.

When you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." ~ Isaiah 30:21 NIV

BW1 03-21-2015 08:17 PM

God uses your close time with him to equip you for service in the world. Prayer sensitizes you and helps you recognize where you are needed. It opens doors in your mind and heart and will lead you to others.

BW1 03-23-2015 11:51 AM

What do you do when there's nothing you can do?

You lost your job
Your spouse is talking divorce
Your child is gravely ill
and the list goes on

What do you do when there's nothing you can do?

Does your thinking go to...

I'll never be happy again
Nothing good can come from this
There's no point in continuing

Paul and James gives us the principles of perseverance and patience.

We do NOT throw in the towel.
We do not give up on God.

We wait on God. We believe in God. We hold on.
We stand on the promises of God.
We stand strong in our beliefs, our convictions.

We do not let adversity break us. In our weakness we can become stronger.
In our weakness we go to the throne of God.

Trials test our confidence in God.

"..you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance." ~ James 1:3

Let perseverance finish in work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking in anything. ~ James 1:5

Let perseverance complete its work so you will be complete.

Spiritual maturity is measured in terms of persevering faith, not persevering behavior.

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. ~ James 1:5

But when you ask you must BELIEVE and not doubt because the one who doubts is like a wave in the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. ~ James 1:6

With permission--North-Point Ministries--Pastor Andy

BW1 03-24-2015 12:05 PM

There is no compromise with God.

Compromise defined: Settlement of differences by mutual con concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims, principles, morals, etc., by reciprocal modification of demands.

God wants all of us. Every part of our lives, our entire will; every cell with in us. God is seeking a people who will not compromise.

If hell could receive text messages, then "No Compromise" would be the direct text to Satan's cell followed by..."Get thee behind me...I don't want anything to do with you" and his number would be blocked. We would be saying. "My soul is now free, willing and disengaged and belongs to God!"

1 Kings 18:21 "....How long shall you waiver between two opinions?...if the Lord be God then follow Him:..."

God has given you a choice..it is time to make that choice. Will you stand for Him or will you deny Him?

BW1 03-25-2015 02:48 PM

Life can be found only here in the present moment. The past is gone, the future is not yet here, and if we do not go back to ourselves in the present moment, we cannot be in touch with life. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh, Vietnamese Buddhist Monk

BW1 03-27-2015 11:55 AM

Make the least of all that goes and the most of all that comes. Don't regret what is past. Cherish what you have. Look forward to all that is to come. And most important of all, rely moment by moment on Jesus Christ. ~ Gigi Graham Tchividjian

BW1 03-28-2015 02:22 PM

It is hard for me to begin statements with "I" or the like because I do not want it to be my ego talking so I am trying to think of ways to phrase things that it will be to glorify God because everything I know today is by the Grace of God. Yet I know I have only scratched a bit of the surface and there is so much more for me to learn. Now that I am open to God's spiritual truths they are blinding flashes. Through the steps of this recovery program God has shown me a deeper understanding of His commandments. There is no rationalizing, no justification to breaking those sacred commandments. He has also shown me there is no fine print or exemptions to those commandments.

An example of what I have done, experienced & uncovered in my inventory & have seen in today's world that have been disturbing to me are summed up in the following .....

Quote:

"In our modern world today, we may seem like drowning men because of the loss of much of our spiritual tradition."
--Thomas Yellowtail, CROW

Our spiritual tradition shows us the way to live in harmony, balance and respect. The tradition taught us how to behave and how to conduct ourselves. The spiritual way taught us to pray and to purify ourselves. Handed down from generation to generation were the teachings about a way of life. Our relationship to Mother Earth and to each other was very clear. The Modern World does not relate to spirituality but to materialism. If we do not allow spirituality to guide our lives, we will be lost, unhappy and without direction. We are spiritual beings trying to be human, not human beings trying to be spiritual. It is said, Know thyself.

Grandfather, lead me to spirituality.
~White Bison

BW1 03-29-2015 12:21 PM

How important it is for us-young and old-to live as if Jesus would return any day-to set our goals, make our choices, raise our children, and conduct our business with the perspective of the imminent return of our Lord. ~ Gloria Gaither

BW1 03-30-2015 01:48 PM

We are never stronger than the moment we admit we are weak. ~ Beth Moore

BW1 03-31-2015 08:24 AM

Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. ~ Corrie ten Boom

BW1 04-01-2015 02:52 PM

WHAT GOD HATH PROMISED

God hath not promised skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways all our lives through;
God hath not promised sun without rain,
Joy without sorrow, peace without pain.

God hath not promised we shall not know
Toil and temptation, trouble and woe;