Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   More spiritual thoughts (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6157)

BW1 02-28-2015 03:46 AM

"Rejoice evermore. Pray without ceasing. In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." ~ 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Lord, Make me a woman of prayer.

BW1 03-01-2015 07:16 PM

"Our obstinance will make us obsolete." ~ Beth Moore

"Walk your talk - Live what you learn that others will see God in you." Beth Moore

BW1 03-02-2015 11:13 AM

A gift with a purpose and a promise........

He withdrew a stone's throw beyond them, knelt down and prayed, "Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done." ~ Luke 22:41-42 NIV

This speaks to those tuff times in life that causes us sometimes to wonder..."WHY me?" ...but in Paul"s letter he said..... .
That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:10 .

Once again...Adversity can be stepping stones to spiritual growth.

BW1 03-03-2015 10:39 AM

God intends that we speak words of kindness, wisdom, and truth, no matter our circumstances, no matter our emotions. When we do we share a priceless gift.

God's commandment is clear; we must observe the Golden Rule "in everything." ~ Prayers of a Godly Woman, 2nd Edition]

[BW's thot...there is no fine print to God's commandments]

BW1 03-04-2015 07:33 AM

How important it is for us- young and old-to live as if Jesus would return any day-to set our goals, make our choices, raise our children, and conduct business with the perspective of the imminent return of the Lord. ~ Gloria Gaither

BW1 03-06-2015 11:28 AM

"The next day when they had come down from the mountain...a great multitude met Him. Suddenly a man from the multitude cried out, saying, 'Teacher, I implore You, look on my son, for he is my only child.' " ~ Luke 9:37-38 NKJV

Dear God, may I listen closely to you so I will have something to say to others.

BW1 03-09-2015 12:23 PM

[found on another site & SO VERY POWERFUL ...]

Elder's Meditation of the Day March 9

"In the life of the Indian there was only one inevitable duty, the duty of prayer, the daily recognition of the Unseen and Eternal. His daily devotions were more necessary to him than daily food."
--Charles A. Eastman (Ohiyesa), SANTEE SIOUX

The most important habit one can develop is the daily act of prayer. Prayer is our eyes, our ears, our feelings, our success, our guidance, our life, our duty, our goal. There really is only prayer and meditation. We can only help others through prayer. We can only help ourselves through prayer. You can never become an Elder unless you pray. You can never stay an Elder unless you pray. You never get wisdom unless you pray. You never understand unless you pray.

Great Spirit, today, teach me to pray.

~White Bison

BW1 03-10-2015 12:08 PM

HOPE BURNS ON

You are my hope; O Lord God, You are my confidence from my youth. ~ Psalm 71:5

Always have a supply of hope on hand to help you plan your tomorrows.

What a God we have! And how fortunate we are to have him, this Father of our Master Jesus! Because Jesus was raised from the dead, we've been given a brand-new life and have everything to live for. ~ 1 Peter 1:3 THE MESSAGE

Dear God, I know that my hope is a forecast of your presence and a foretaste of your power. Amen and Amen

[From: QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD]

BW1 03-11-2015 04:15 PM

"We are products of our past, but we do not have to be prisoners of it. God's purpose is not limited by our past. He turned a murderer named MOses into a leader and a coward named Gideon into a courageous hero." ~ Rick Warren's THE PURPOSE DRIVEN LIFE

BW1 03-12-2015 12:39 PM

There is something very concrete, nothing abstract, about talking to God your Father. It's a sit-down, face-to-face. close-enough-to-touch kind of thing. Talking to God as your Father is the most intimate of conversations.

When you talk to God your Father, you speak with someone you know and someone who knows you.

When Jesus had spoken these things, He lifted up His eyes to heaven and said, Father the hour has come. ~ John 17:1 AMP

Dear Father, I come to you as a child waiting for you to speak your will and show me your way to me. Amen.

~ Quiet Moments in the Presence of God, pg 210-211

BW1 03-13-2015 02:19 PM

God's presence is a security system that helps you smell the smoke and avoid the fire.
~ From the book - QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD, pg 128

BW1 03-14-2015 01:53 PM

A woman dreamed of entering a large store in which the gifts of God were kept. Behind one of the ​
counters was an angel dispensing something to those who stood in line. The woman waited her turn and, when it came, said to the angel, "Please give me the fruit I need for my life." The angel responded, "I'm sorry. We don't stock fruit. All we have is seed."

You receive rich possibilities from God and make them richer by what you do with them.

God is the one who gives seed to the farmer and bread for food. He will give you all the seed you need and make it grow so there will be a great harvest from your gardens. ~ 2 Corinthians 9:10 NCV

Sow fields and plant vineyards and gather a fruitful harvest. ~ Psalm 107:37 NASB

BW1 03-15-2015 10:19 AM

When you know how much you mean to God, you fall head over heels in love with God.

No eye has see, nor ear heard, nor the heart conceived what God has prepared for those that love him. ~ 1 Corinthians 2:9 NRSV

BW1 03-16-2015 11:36 AM

This is the day the Lord has made. Let us rejoice and be glad today! ~ Psalm 118:24 NCV

Live more fully in the present. Receive the present as the great and rich blessing it is.

BW1 03-17-2015 12:33 PM

erhaps the deepest human need is the need to be appreciated. Love the people God gives you, [let God be their judge] let them know you love them. Affirm who they are. Encourage who they can become. Give them your backing. Be generous with tokens of appreciation. Be slow to correct and quick to praise. Treat people as ends in themselves, not as means to an end.

Make someone's day by sending him or her a little not of appreciation. Call someone on the phone and speak of your affection....Because of what you say, people feel better about their lives and live more confidently. Your words of encouragement put them on their feet and get them on their way.

In the strength of your affirmation, people become themselves. ~ QUIET MOMENTS IN THE PRESENCE OF GOD, pg 380