Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums

Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/index.php)
-   Daily Spiritual Meditations (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Bible Verse Of The Day - October (https://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1043)

bluidkiti 10-10-2013 11:30 AM

October 10

Listen to counsel and receive instruction, That you may be wise in your latter days. There are many plans in a man’s heart, Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel—that will stand. Proverbs 19:20-21

Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. Psalm 103:2

1 Chronicles 28:20 - 20 Then David continued, “Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Don’t be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord God, my God, is with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. He will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the Lord is finished correctly.

James 1:17 — Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.

dwmoeller 10-11-2013 10:13 AM

The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights. - Habakkuk 3:19

Thought: The course is swift for God's faithful.

bluidkiti 10-11-2013 11:12 AM

October 11

Truly my soul silently waits for God; From Him comes my salvation. Psalm 62:1

Be still in the presence of the Lord, and wait patiently for him to act. Psalm 37:7

2 timothy 1:9 - 9 For God saved us and called us to live a holy life. He did this, not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan from before the beginning of time—to show us his grace through Christ Jesus.

bluidkiti 10-12-2013 11:55 AM

October 12

My son, hear the instruction of your father, And do not forsake the law of your mother; For they will be a graceful ornament on your head, And chains about your neck. Proverbs 1:8-9

Fire goes out without wood, and quarrels disappear when gossip stops. Proverbs 26:20

psalm 100:3-4 - 3 Acknowledge that the Lord is God! He made us, and we are his. We are his people, the sheep of his pasture. 4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving; go into his courts with praise. Give thanks to him and praise his name.

bluidkiti 10-13-2013 10:45 AM

October 13

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

Don't use foul or abusive language. Let everything you say be good and helpful, so that your words will be an encouragement to those who hear them. Ephesians 4:29

1 Corinthians 15:57 - 57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.

dwmoeller 10-13-2013 07:24 PM

Indeed, the very hairs on your head are numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. - Luke 12:7

Thought: Be comforted. God is on the watch.

dwmoeller 10-14-2013 09:40 AM

But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. - Malachi 4:2

Thought: Souls heal fully in the warmth of Christ's grace.

bluidkiti 10-14-2013 10:10 AM

October 14

And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:2

Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble. Proverbs 13:20

Mark 9:23 - 23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”

dwmoeller 10-15-2013 09:52 AM

An honest answer is like a kiss on the lips. - Proverbs 24:26

Thought: Honesty makes a person embraceable, kissable; beloved, cherished, favored, favorite, loved, treasured; attractive, beautiful, desirable, lovely; alluring, appealing, captivating, charming, enchanting, engaging, entrancing, fascinating, fetching; admirable, likable (or likeable), reputable, respectable; affable, agreeable, cheerful, cordial, friendly, genial, good-natured, good-tempered, gracious, kind, nice, pleasant; delightful, pleasing, and well-disposed.

bluidkiti 10-15-2013 10:09 AM

October 15

Therefore You are great, O Lord God. For there is none like You, nor is there any God besides You, according to all that we have heard with our ears. 2 Samuel 7:22

Stay away from fools, for you won't find knowledge on their lips. Proverbs 14:7

Romans 5:11 - 11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.

dwmoeller 10-16-2013 09:52 AM

Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. - Psalm 27:7

Thought: I depend on your mercy, O Lord.

bluidkiti 10-16-2013 11:41 AM

October 16

Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14

Don't befriend angry people or associate with hot-tempered people... Proverbs 22:24

Psalm 59:9 - 9 You are my strength; I wait for you to rescue me, for you, O God, are my fortress.

bluidkiti 10-17-2013 10:03 AM

October 17

The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, And He will show them His covenant. My eyes are ever toward the Lord, For He shall pluck my feet out of the net. Psalm 25:14-15

The heartfelt counsel of a friend is as sweet as perfume and incense. Proverbs 27:9

1 Peter 1:6 - 6 In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.

bluidkiti 10-18-2013 10:25 AM

October 18

Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the Lord! Psalm 27:14

Don't be fooled by those who say such things, for "bad company corrupts good character"... 1 Corinthians 15:33

Romans 12:12 - 12 Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying.

Psalm 37:24 — Though he may stumble, he will not fall, for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

"Soul, no matter what happens today — feel it right there — His hand is holding yours. No matter what happens — when He is holding you up, there's no falling down. He's got you!"
— Ann Voskamp

dwmoeller 10-18-2013 10:51 AM

Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths. - Psalm 25:4

Thought: Guide me O God, so I do not stray. Thy will be done, not mine.