View Single Post
Old 03-06-2022, 06:27 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 6

Prayer For Right Choice

Dear God,
I know that You can open doors that no man can ever shut.
It’s not always easy for me to see and sense the direction I need to take.
So today, I trust and ask You to lead me to open doors of opportunity that you have prepared for me.
Help me make sense of the options that lay before me and help me see and make the right choices today.
Amen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

Since I've been in A.A., have I made a start toward becoming more loving to my family and friends?

Do I visit my parents? Am I more appreciative of my spouse than I was before? Am I grateful to my family for having put up with me? Have I found real understanding with my children? Do I feel that the friends I've found in A.A. are real friends? Do I believe that they are always ready to help me and do I want to help them if I can?

So ............

Do I really care now about other people?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Fear of Giving

It is often the fear of rejection, which makes us afraid to give of ourselves. If our self-image is too grand and inflated, we cannot possibly live up to it in reality. Expecting ourselves to be perfect sets us up for frustration and fear, since we know deep down that we do not measure up to our image of perfection.

By focusing more on the needs of others and less on the imaginary concept of ourselves, which is our ego, we learn to overcome our fear of giving. With humility comes the willingness to give of what we have and what we are right now, without waiting until we are more eloquent or more accomplished. I should not be afraid to give of myself to others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Willingness

All we need is a key, and the decision to swing the door open. There is only one key, and it is called willingness. Once unlocked by willingness, the door opens almost of itself, and looking through it, we shall see an inscription. It reads: "This is the way to a faith that works."

Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions Page 34

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

"We cannot lead a choice less life. Every day, every moment, every second, there is a choice. If it were not so, we would not be an individuals." ~ Ernest Holmes
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: