View Single Post
Old 12-13-2022, 05:22 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 13

Holiday Depression Prayer

Lord, it seems so silly and wrong to get so depressed about this up-coming holiday, but Lord You know that I find holidays quite difficult to cope with, and I know that I cannot break out of this cycle of holiday depression, without Your help and strength.

Show me what I ought to do in order to prevent this from happening. Teach me what to do when panicky thoughts start to fill up my mind and show me how to prevent those thoughts from taking hold of me, and pushing me back into a state of despair and depression. Lord, may I truly break free of this recurring holiday depression once and for all
Amen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Thought

In A.A. we have to re-educate our minds.

We have to learn to think differently. We have to take a long view of drinking instead of a short view. We have to look through the glass to see what lies beyond it. We have to look through the night before to the morning after. No matter how good alcohol looks from the short view, we must realize that in the long run it is poison to us.

So ............

Have I learned to look through the bottle to the better life that lies ahead?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Contemplation

Worry

Worry---it's a lonely activity. It puts distance between us and others. Our program is full of ideas about what to do with worry. On Step Three, we turn our will and our lives over to God. This includes worry.
Our slogans also suggest what to do with worry. One Day at a Time. Live and Let Live. Easy Does It. Let Go and Let God. Their main message is stop worrying. Trust the program. Trust your Higher Power. Everything will be okay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Way Out

The tremendous fact for every one of us is that we have discovered a common solution. We have a way out on which we can absolutely agree, and upon which we can join in brotherly and harmonious action. This is the great news this book carries to those who suffer from alcoholism.

Alcoholics Anonymous Page 17

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just a Quote

“It's not the burdens of everyday life that drive men mad. It is the regret of yesterday and the fear of tomorrow. Regret and fear are twin thieves that rob us of today.” -- Unknown Author
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: