View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 11:03 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

January 29

Quote of the Week

"I can’t handle it, God; you take over."

Before I had a program, a fellowship around me, and a Higher Power, I was in charge of my life. I made all decisions based on self and ego, constantly planning, scheming, and manipulating people and things to get what I wanted. When I added alcohol, my wants became demands, and soon the situations I created spun out of control. When I finally hit bottom, I surrendered and began to learn a better way.

Step One of the program laid the foundation for recovery by helping me admit to my innermost self that I am an alcoholic. Once I accepted this fundamental truth about myself, I clearly saw the consequences of it—that my life had become unmanageable. After taking Step One, I became open to the real solution for my disease and my life: a belief in and surrender to a God of my own understanding. Once I turned my will and my life over to Him, I began to recover.

Throughout my sobriety, my life has continued to improve in direct proportion to how much of it I am willing to turn over. In each area, the more I harbor and hold on to old ideas, just to that extent does my life remain unchanged. Even when things seem to be going well, I can limit the goodness available to me if I insist on coming from ego or self. The sure sign of this is unmanageability, either in my own life or those near to me. The solution is as it has always been: to let go and let God. The gift is, I’m much quicker to let God take over these days.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote