View Single Post
Old 05-15-2014, 05:55 AM   #10
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

That's not odd, that's God

Grateful for my sobriety, grateful for the gifts of recovery and the tools that I can use to stay clean and sober.

I look at those `That`s not odd, that`s God!` moments and try to remember to say thank you. They show me that my God is working in my life.

When we stay clean and sober over the holidays, that is not odd, that is God. The normal thing for an alcoholic to do is drink. For me, prescription drugs were like dried up alcohol, I had the same symptoms, more black outs with them that I had with alcohol.

It is my God working in my life, doing for me, something I couldn`t do for myself.

Recovery isn't always easy, especially when we are in the midst of things. When I get enlightenment and new awareness, I find that my God is working in my life.

I like the saying, "Just because you have a feeling, doesn't mean you have to act on it." Also, feel the feelings and do it anyway and my personal favourite and a new one to me, "Just because you get a thought, it doesn't mean it is yours. It could be your Higher Power's or it could be something projected onto you by someone else.

Peace on your journey, when we go within and connect to our Higher Power, we can find the calm within the storm.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote