View Single Post
Old 05-16-2014, 03:24 PM   #11
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
I pray that my faith may be based on my own experience of the power of God in my life.

- AA Thought for today

Today I have faith that things will work out in my life. Tomorrow is operation day if all goes well. I like the thought here that I can see God at work in my life and that I can have faith in Him. I had to have faith unseen at the beginning, and then as I experienced the change in others, I came to believe it would work for me.

Then I began to experience the change in me, what amazed me most that others could see it before I could. It is difficult to see something when you are in the midst of it. I learned to recognize old patterns and behaviors. I learned to let go of the past and not try to control my own life but allow my God to lead and direct it.

When I turned that control or the illusion of it over to my Higher Power he allowed me to freedom of choice, to live in the now, to deal with life on life's terms and have faith that what He lead me to, He will see me through.

They say faith without works is dead. It is something I have to continue to work at or it dies and fear sets in.

Thank you for letting me share.
March 2009 from another site.

Faith is putting all your eggs in God's basket, then counting
your blessings before they hatch. ~Ramona C. Carroll

I came to realize that I didn't have much faith because I didn't think God had much faith in me. Although a lot of things in my life were as a result of my actions, there were many times that I was a victim of other people's choices and decisions and I continued to allow myself to be the victim, to play the martyr role and didn't have the faith in myself to move out of the situation.

Through working the Steps, I learned to have faith and trust myself knowing that if I took my Higher Power with me, all things were possible.

Quote:
“Faith makes all things possible....
love makes all things easy.” -unknown
Had to recognize that my faith was weak, if I was feeling fear. As they say, they can't occupy the same space.

Had to recognize that my computer was a big addiction and had to turn my thinking over to my Higher Power, having the faith that I could have healthy thinking towards it, not have that obsessive and all consuming desire to always be on it. My faith allows me to apply the program to all parts of my life.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote