Thread: Hush and Relax
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013, 12:01 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Remember that on several occasions in recovery, I went looking for what I wanted. Sometimes I used people, places and things, to get my answers, which meant that I wasn't trusting my God and waiting on His will, and I was totally into self will.

When I stopped, and quit looking, quite often what I needed was right under my nose and I had turned a blind eye or closed my mind and was looking with rose-coloured glasses, with limited beliefs, and using tunnel vision to only see what I wanted to see.

So many times I got caught up in busy, telling myself that I was doing God's will, after all I was doing service; and found I wasn't taking time to fill up before I gave away. I was running on fumes and projecting hot air, because even with it being service, I was playing God with my life and with the life of others, because I thought I knew the answers, for them and myself.

It is not good to rest on my laurels, it is best to rest in the arms of our God and know we are safe.

Yesterday on the bus, I saw a young guy with different pictures on his t-shirt and below them were the words "Jesus Heals."

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote