View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 11:35 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

November 14

BRIDGE TO JOY

“How can I best serve Thee, Thy will (not mine) be done.” Alcoholics Anonymous, page 85

"If anyone wants to be first, he must be the very last, and the servant of all." Mark 9:35

For what it’s worth: My alcoholic drinking drove everyone away and shoved me into isolation from people and God. Neither He nor anyone else did anything for me, so why should I do anything for them? This attitude came with me into Alcoholic Anonymous and would have forced me back out except for the unconditional acceptance I found from the people and from their merciful God. They introduced me to Him and He and I have grown close. It was their example that taught me how to serve others without return. Yet, I reap treasured rewards with every effort I make to do God’s will serving others. It has been a bridge to joy.

God bless you.
Joe W.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing: