View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 12:17 PM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 30

Quote of the Week

"Wisdom is knowledge you learn after you know it all."

You couldn’t tell me anything before I entered recovery because I knew it all. I had all the answers for my life; I also had all the answers for your life, and I was quick to tell you about it. One of my favorite sayings back then was, “Those who think they know it all are really annoying to those of us who do!”

When I came into the program, I brought all my opinions into the rooms with me. At first I tried to do things my way and thought I had better answers than you. I mean, “Turn it over”? “Let go and let God”? That may work for you, but I was sure I knew better. Soon afterward, though, I was drunk.

When I finally admitted that I didn’t know how to stay sober, I became willing to admit that perhaps I didn’t know everything after all. That was the moment I became teachable, and it was the moment I began to recover. The longer I’m in the program, the more I realize that many times what I think I know just isn’t so. Today, I’m quick to admit that I don’t have all the answers, and when I do I become open to the wisdom that lies beyond.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.