View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 11:10 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - November 6

God shows us the way; all we need to do is follow.

When we read and think about scripture, the Holy Spirit begins to enlighten us. As we spend time soaking in God’s truth, it begins to transform us, enabling us to understand and obey God’s word. If we are meditating on a scripture that highlights God’s love, for instance, the Holy Spirit can help us to comprehend the goodness of the Lord and to treat others with kindness. When we choose to make God’s word our focus, we can be programmed for leading fulfilling spiritual lives.

God’s grace has no limits or conditions.

Though the seas grow strong, though the winds grow violent, and though our footing may falter, we can always find refuge in God’s arms. Regardless of our circumstances, our suffering and pain, one truth remains: God is our fortress; we will never be shaken!

Out of our pain, God can create new life.

When we carefully study God’s word, we are properly equipped for the journeys of our days. Consistently immersing ourselves in scripture and prayer is time well spent.

Giving thanks to God is better than complaining.

Navigating the Chaos of Life: Finding Peace in God by Karla Brogen
“Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing, and perfect will” (Romans 12:2).
I still remember the day clearly. I was out of town taking care of some business when it happened. I stumbled across something that completely rocked my world. It was off my radar, and I did not see it coming.
How could this happen? I wasn’t sure if I was going to be sick, or just sob uncontrollably. I wasn’t in a place I could process what was going on. It would be hours before I could try to make sense of it. I felt panicked and desperate. In the urgency of the moment I kept thinking, What am I going to do? My world is falling apart?
Slowly, I began to process the fear I was experiencing. I listened to the phrase I was repeating. Was my world falling apart? Then, in mid-sentence, my mind began to interrupt the aching of my heart. “My world cannot be held by anyone other than God.” My heart still ached. I still didn’t know what I would do, but if God was truly in control of my world, then my world wasn’t going to fall apart due to this disaster. I felt peace settle over me.
God was and is big enough to handle any life-altering blows that come our way. The situation that I was faced with revealed a challenging road ahead. I hadn’t planned to travel this path, but my world wasn’t falling apart. It was simply falling out of line with that I expected, with what I knew.
For the next 15 minutes in my heightened emotional state, I focused my energy on a simple truth. I repeated to myself again and again, “My world cannot be held by anyone other than God.” Each time I repeated that phrase, I felt stronger. The more I released my struggle, the more confident I became.
The problem I was facing had not changed, but my perspective did. I took on the mind of Christ, as opposed to my own understanding of the situation. I began to walk in the mode of the super natural, and no longer the mode of the natural.
When we are faced with challenges, we must learn to take our thoughts captive. Understand that our emotions although valid, are not always grounded in truth. God is the only one we need to stake the claim of life upon. He is a rock who cannot be shaken by the circumstances of life. Only by daily reminding ourselves of this fact can we be what God has created us to be. When we are rooted in God’s truth, we stand strong against the blows that seek to cripple us in this life.

Every Day Is A New Day by Joyce Meyer
This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it. (Psalms‬ *118:24‬‬)
God wants us to have joy in the midst of our ordinary, everyday life, even on the worst days of our life.
There were times in my life when I dreaded facing each day. All I could think about was my circumstances, wondering how Dave and I were going to pay the bills or get everything done that we needed to do. Sometimes I wanted to pull the covers over my head and just stay in bed.
I was so wrapped up in worry that I was missing the point: God had created a new day, and He created it so that I could enjoy it.
Every single day is filled with all kinds of situations that could upset you, things like losing your car keys or getting caught in a traffic jam. But you can choose to be at peace and in control in the midst of them.
When you and I take our minds off of ourselves and our circumstances and put our focus on God and loving others, we are embracing an attitude that will bring honor to Him and enable us to view every day as an exciting, new gift from God.
Prayer Starter: God, thank You for the gift of a new day. Instead of focusing on the frustrating things in life, I choose to be at peace in You and rejoice and be glad in it!

In the street of life, walking in the darkness of the shadows, satan was hunting with his dogs, the imps of human weakness. A man came down the street and satan said to one imp, "Go get him for me!"
Lightly, the imp hopped onto the man's shoulder. "You are discouraged," he whispered.
"No," said the man, "I am not discouraged."
"You ARE discouraged!"
This time the man replied, "I do not think I am."
The imp repeated, "I tell you, you are discouraged."
The man dropped his head and murmured, "Well, I suppose I am."
"I've got him, he's discouraged," the imp reported back to satan.
Another man passed. Again satan said, "Get him!"
The demon of discouragement repeated his tactics. The first time he said, "You are discouraged," the man replied emphatically, "No!"
The second time the man replied, "I tell you I am NOT discouraged!"
The third time he said, "You lie! I am NOT discouraged!"
The imp returned to satan, crestfallen, "I couldn't get him," he reported. "Three times I told him he was discouraged. The third time, he called me a liar, and that discouraged ME!"
Don't forget satan is the liar of all liars...
And only the Word of God can defeat him. --Author Unknown

Okay, I'm Looking at You by Pocket Devotions
Acts 3:4b-5 Then Peter said, "Look at us!" So the man gave them his attention, expecting to get something from them.
Thoughts for Today: I have always thought this is a bold statement, when Peter says, "Look at us!" What would someone see if they looked at me? I'm not talking about Sunday mornings, but what about Tuesday when I'm late for work? Or at the gas station? Or waiting in line at a department store?
The man gave Peter and John his attention because he expected to get something from them. What would someone in need expect to get from you?
This question was made real to me on a recent Sunday morning (not an entirely fair test as I had on my "Sunday" attitude). I had just parked on the street (to make room for visitors in the parking lot) and was hustling up Crown Valley Parkway (the main thoroughfare on which my church is located) to set up the Men's Ministry Table at church. A woman stopped me and asked if it was okay if she attended church here. You see she was homeless, carrying her possessions on her back, and didn't want other people to feel uncomfortable with her presence.
Later as I reflected on this experience and how I handled it, I was reminded of this scripture: "Look at us (the church, you, and me)." I thought as an extension of Jesus we were probably failing if anyone had to ask if they would be welcome to worship with us. Then I thought about how she perceived me -- did she see pity, arrogance, or impatience? Or did she see love, compassion, kindness, and patience?
Questions to Ponder:
What about you? What do people see when they see you -- the world's burdens -- or Jesus? What would you like them to see? What is in your heart and dominating your thoughts?

The Penny Author Unknown
Several years ago, a friend of mine and her husband were invited to spend the weekend at the husband's employer's home. My friend, Arlene, was nervous about the weekend. The first day and evening went well and Arlene was delighted.
The husband's employer was quite generous as a host and took them to the finest restaurants. Arlene knew she would never have the opportunity to indulge in this kind of extravagance again, so was enjoying herself immensely. As the three of them were about to enter an exclusive restaurant that evening, the boss was walking slightly ahead of Arlene and her husband. He stopped suddenly, looking down on the pavement for a long, silent moment. Arlene wondered if she was supposed to pass him. There was nothing on the ground except a single darkened penny that someone had dropped and a few cigarette butts.
Still silent, the man reached down and picked up the penny. He held it up and smiled, then put it in his pocket as if he had found a great treasure.
How absurd! What need did this man have for a single penny? Why would he even take the time to stop and pick it up?
Throughout dinner the entire scene nagged at her. Finally, she could stand it no longer. She causally mentioned that her daughter once had a coin collection, and asked if the penny he had found had been of some value.
A smile crept across the man's face as he reached into his pocket for the penny and held it out for her to see. She had seen many pennies before! What was the point of this?
"Look at it." He said. "Read what it says."
She read the words "United States of America."
"No, not that; read further."
"One cent?"
"No, keep reading."
"In God we Trust?"
"Yes!"
"And?"
"And if I trust in God, the name of God is holy, even on a coin. Whenever I find a coin I see that inscription. It is written on every single United States coin, but we never seem to notice it!
God drops a message right in front of me telling me to trust Him? Who am I to pass it by? When I see a coin, I pray, I stop to see if my trust IS in God at that moment. I pick the coin up as a response to God; that I do trust in Him. For a short time, at least, I cherish it as if it were gold. I think it is God's way of starting a conversation with me.
Lucky for me, God is patient and pennies are plentiful!"
When I was out shopping today, I found a penny on the sidewalk. I stopped and picked it up and realized that I had been worrying and fretting in my mind about things I cannot change. I read the words, "In God We Trust," and had to laugh.
Yes, God, I get the message. It seems that I have been finding an inordinate number of pennies in the last few months, but then, pennies are plentiful! And God is patient...

Hope in a Sump Pump by Peder
We have had so much snow, and as of late, some crazy rain storms in Minnesota. This became the most evident when I walked down into our basement one morning and as I stepped on the carpet my foot went "squish." As I looked down at my feet to see what glass of juice, milk, etc. had gotten spilled, my son Ethan says from behind a keyboard, "My feet are wet over here, dad."
"Oh no!" I said with a bit of concern as I ran into the storage room to find a lake had built up around the hole where my sump pump was deeply submerged...sitting idle, not running at all. It stopped working in the middle of the night during a hard rain and now my basement was a lake. Make that 10,001 in the state [of Minnesota], for those of you counting.
I immediately went over to "Lake Eide" and pulled out the pump, reset it, checked all the needed points and got it going again. It was working more slowly but at least working. The water went down but the damage was done. We made the calls to insurance and they connected us with a cleaning and drying service. My carpet torn out, stuff hanging to dry, and dryers blowing everywhere, but at least the pump was working again...so I thought.
Right before I went to bed I felt prompted to "check the pump."
I casually went down stairs to find my pump had stopped minutes earlier. Due to the rain/snow outside, the water was filling the sump pump basin fast. I reached back in the water, pulled out the pump, got it working again but it seemed even weaker than the last time. It was late and no store was open to buy a new pump. I didn't want to call an emergency plumber because of the cost and still my current pump was only kind of working. I called my brother Tom and talked about some creative ideas but the only option I could come up with was stay up all night to make sure the pump didn't quit again. I had no hope my pump would make it during the night.
It was a long night. The pump became weaker all night and though it did make it to morning, at 6am, this guy got a new pump. I'm sleeping now, but a wet basement really messes up a lot of things and is not cheap to restore.
I put my trust and hope in a pump to keep my house dry and the water away. Not a good place to put my hope. Hope lost, a lake gained. Bummer.
This past Sunday, Our Worship leader Chris Greseth made a solid teaching point about our hope as followers of Christ. In Acts 24 and throughout the Psalms specifically, the Word directs us to put our hope "in" God.
Not just hope about God, but put our hope IN God.
WHY? Because God never fails. The love of Jesus never fails. The Holy Spirit is not afraid. God is faithful and never breaks a promise and our hope in Him will not disappoint us.
"3 And not only this, but we also exult in our tribulations, knowing that tribulation brings about perseverance; 4 and perseverance, proven character; and proven character, hope; 5 and hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out within our hearts through the Holy Spirit who was given to us." - Romans 5:3-5
I needed to hear this. My hope is my anchor while my lifeboat enjoys sunny days or really stormy seas.
Are you in the midst of suffering from living in this fallen world of sin? Lost job, sickness, family struggles, school is a trial, loneliness, overtaken with fear? Are you experiencing some kind of persecution because of trying to be a light for Christ? Trying to do the right thing and finding yourself defeated or attacked?
You can have hope. Your hope is "IN" God.
His timing is perfect, his love is perfect, and His plan for you is one of a hope and future. (Jeremiah 29: 11-13)
Friends, putting your hope, your life anchor, in anything other then Jesus Christ is like putting your hope in a slow working sump pump. It will keep you up at night when the storms come and it will eventually fail.
Hope in Jesus will not. Never has, never will.
Make sure your hope is well placed my friends. At all time and all places.
God is good all the time!

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You have had to deal with hindrances, but now you will be able to break through barriers with very little effort. It might take some planning and diligence, however. Be glad and thankful that you are able to put those nagging things behind you, says the Lord, and set yourself to live in peace. John 8:36 "Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed."

Refuse to feel sorry for yourself or to lose hope. Rise up in the strength of My purpose for you. Do not underestimate the power of your will to go as hard as you can for as long as you can to accomplish what I have set before you, says the Lord. You are not alone; I am with you to gain the victory. Luke 17:6 So the Lord said, "If you have faith as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled up by the roots and be planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you."

It's been a bumpy ride in recent days, but things will now begin to level out--making it easier to get your bearings. In this process you will need to be quiet and not allow the turmoil of your emotions and thoughts to drown out the sound of My voice, says the Lord. Be still, perceive, and discern. Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.

Keep your wits about you. Your spiritual atmosphere has been stormy, but you need to let the dust settle before you make important decisions. This is a temporary condition; you will quickly regain perspective and clarity. Wait for it, says the Lord. Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I come now as your counselor, and I say that there are those who wonder what to do about your circumstances, for there have been things occur that have overwhelmed you and caused a spirit of dread and confusion to come upon you. You are wondering what to do, for it seems hopeless. But, I say, this is not a hopeless situation, for I have given you dominion and authority and power. And, I say, what you must now do is bind the strong man. Fight the good fight of faith. War a good warfare. Do you not know and do you not understand that every new move and every new thing that I bring to the earth will be contended for by the enemy? I say, do not let him have his way! Rise up as mighty men and women; take the sword of the Spirit (the Word) and confront the strong man and break the power of that hindrance. Break the power of the curse. Exercise by faith the authority that I have given you, for I have promised that I will fill your horn with the anointing, and that anointing will break the yoke of every bondage. Rise up! Do not allow the enemy to hold you down. Come and be filled, for I am the One who fills the horn, and I am giving you at this time that which you need for the season that is ahead of you. Turn now from all disappointment and despair, and encourage yourself with this word. I am for you, and I am the Anointed One. I am bringing My anointing to you that you may be filled with all fullness and power. Receive now that yoke-breaking anointing, and then address the strong man in the power of My word and watch him flee seven ways from you, says the Lord.

Without Him I would be nothing.
Without Him I’d surely fail.
Without Him I would be drifting
like a ship without a sail.
-- Mylon Lefevre

Bearing Gifts by Sandra Lewic Pringle
I passed a teenager upon the street,
who nodded, and politely gave me a smile.
I was in too much of a hurry to return his gesture,
After all, I had to be back to the office, in just a short while.
My child came running up from play;
a handful of daisies, she brought.
I thanked her, thoughtlessly lay them aside,
and into the wastebasket, they were later tossed.
My grandmother gave me once a beautiful ring,
a momento of her well spent life.
I put it away, until a rainy day.
I pawned it, when cash was low, and my spirit, was downcast and contrite.
My Father gave me a Gift, one that was blessed, by far.
I gave it not, a second thought, I was reaching out for another star.
I came upon the Pearly Gates.
As they opened, I stepped inside.
I stood before the Judgment Throne;
I wanted to run and hide.
"Where is the work I sent you to do?"
My Father asked, with disappointment upon His face.
I muttered not a feeble excuse.
I was ashamed, I could not explain.
I felt completely worthless, in this beautiful Place.
If I could but just turn back, and give that teenager a smile.
If I could replace those daisies, so carelessly cast aside,
and make my daughter a happier child.
If I could find that ring, that beautiful ring,
a treasure from my grandmother's heart,
I would hold it close and treasure its worth,
and NEVER from me, would it part.
I would take my Gift, the one My Father had given,
I would work endlessly, night and day.
When my life was over, and all those who were lost,
whom I had been responsible for, saved,
"Well done, My Child," My Father could rightfully say.

Blessed is the one . . . whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on his law day and night. That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season, and whose leaf does not wither — whatever they do prospers. - Psalm 1:1-3

Because of the LORD'S great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. - Lamentations 3:22-23

Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from him. Truly he is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. - Psalm 62:1-2

The LORD says, “I am about to do a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?” - Isaiah 43:19

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. - 2 Timothy 3:16-17

John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

All those who the Father gives me will come to me. Him who comes to me I will in no way throw out. - John 6:37

Colossians 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.

Quiet Breaks With God from The Daniel Plan 365-Day Devotional
A quiet break with God is a gift to recharge your body and soul
I was very worried. But Your comfort brought me joy. — Psalm 94:19 NIrV
At least once a day, go out in your backyard or close your office door or sit in your car, and be quiet for a few minutes, tuning into God. You could just silently sit in His presence, or you could meditate on a verse like Psalm 18:2, The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom take refuge.
When you feel your pressure going up, stop and say, “God, I want to tune in to you again. I want to focus on You.” Take these mini-breaks during the day to refocus on the greatness of God.
Maintaining new habits is hard, and stress can make you slip back into your old ways. You start thinking, Maybe I should just coast for the next couple of months. But coasting is a downhill journey! A five-minute break with God can recharge you and keep you moving onward and upward. When will you take a five-minute break today to be quiet before God?
Food for Thought: A quiet break with God is a gift to recharge your body and your soul.
Your Turn: How often throughout the day (or week?) do you actually press the pause button a take a mini-break to align your heart and mind back to God? Let’s challenge ourselves today: Put a sticky note on your bathroom mirror, computer monitor, or wherever you may see it throughout the day that says “Recharge with a quiet break!” and take yourself up on the reminder!

Dear God, Thank you for the grace You give to us regardless of our merit. Help us to accept Your grace with a thankful heart. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Job 29
1 Moreover Job continued his parable, and said, 2 Oh that I were as in months past, as in the days when God preserved me; 3 When his candle shined upon my head, and when by his light I walked through darkness; 4 As I was in the days of my youth, when the secret of God was upon my tabernacle; 5 When the Almighty was yet with me, when my children were about me; 6 When I washed my steps with butter, and the rock poured me out rivers of oil; 7 When I went out to the gate through the city, when I prepared my seat in the street! 8 The young men saw me, and hid themselves: and the aged arose, and stood up. 9 The princes refrained talking, and laid their hand on their mouth. 10 The nobles held their peace, and their tongue cleaved to the roof of their mouth. 11 When the ear heard me, then it blessed me; and when the eye saw me, it gave witness to me: 12 Because I delivered the poor that cried, and the fatherless, and him that had none to help him. 13 The blessing of him that was ready to perish came upon me: and I caused the widow's heart to sing for joy. 14 I put on righteousness, and it clothed me: my judgment was as a robe and a diadem. 15 I was eyes to the blind, and feet was I to the lame. 16 I was a father to the poor: and the cause which I knew not I searched out. 17 And I brake the jaws of the wicked, and plucked the spoil out of his teeth. 18 Then I said, I shall die in my nest, and I shall multiply my days as the sand. 19 My root was spread out by the waters, and the dew lay all night upon my branch. 20 My glory was fresh in me, and my bow was renewed in my hand. 21 Unto me men gave ear, and waited, and kept silence at my counsel. 22 After my words they spake not again; and my speech dropped upon them. 23 And they waited for me as for the rain; and they opened their mouth wide as for the latter rain. 24 If I laughed on them, they believed it not; and the light of my countenance they cast not down. 25 I chose out their way, and sat chief, and dwelt as a king in the army, as one that comforteth the mourners.

Dear Father, May our eyes never leave Your beauty. You alone are all that we need. We trust you to be with us in all life’s circumstances because you have a plan for our welfare. In Jesus’ name we pray. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links