View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

D is for Drugs. Drugs come in all shapes and sizes. As I like to say: wet, dry, and the flesh and blood variety.

Drugs are an inanimate object until such a time as I make the decision to pick them up. The drinking, drugging, and dysfunctional relationships are issues, but it the thinking behind the dis-ease. I was at dis-ease within myself, so I reach for things outside of myself to make me feel better.

Drugs are anything that comes between me, and who my God would have me be and do in today. This disease is an allergy, we don't metabolize things a normal person does. It is an obsessive, compulsive disease that take over our mind and we can't see any thing but the drug, we block out or leave behind all thought of people, places, and things, and it becomes all about me.

Alcohol is a drug. Food is a drug, we stuff our feelings and detach from what we don't want to deal with. Work can be a drug if we work so hard we use it to escape our reality. We can become addicted to our partner or family and we live our life through them and lose ourselves.

Each time I picked up a drug, I lost a piece of me. When I quit drinking, drugs (prescription drugs), food, relationship and learned to take care of me, it was important to fill myself up with the spiritual substance of this program, instead of substituting another drug (obsessive/compulsive objects-shopping, my computer, Bejeweled3 a game I played for years, and had to pray about it to have my attitude change and my obsession removed).

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: