View Single Post
Old 12-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - December 4

"It is not because things are good that we are to thank the Lord, but because He is good." - Hannah Whitall Smith

"A great many think because they have been filled once, they are going to be full for all time after; but O my friends, we are leaky vessels and have to be kept right under the fountain all the time in order to keep full. Let us keep near Him." - D. L. Moody

If your every human plan and calculation has miscarried, if, one by one, human props have been knocked out, and doors have shut in your face, take heart. God is trying to get a message through to you, and the message is: “Stop depending on inadequate human resources. Let me handle the matter.” Catherine Marshall

Let's learn to live as Jesus lived: in fellowship with our Heavenly Father, with absolute assurance of who we are in Christ, with confidence of our eternal destiny, and with the complete abandoned humility of a free and secure servant. --Steve Troxel

In every season of life we can find a new commitment to be Jesus’ hands and feet, serving those in need whenever and wherever God may bring them across our path.

God’s word can reach us when nothing else can.

When we call out to God, we can trust that God will answer. In times of trials, tribulation, and even tornadoes, God is present with us. God will not forsake us but will lead us through the storm. As the sky grows dark and storm clouds roll in, God does not leave us. No matter what the circumstances or situation, when we call, God answers.

There is hope. No matter our personal blemishes, we can have confidence in God’s amazing grace. Jesus’ death on the cross offers us the opportunity to come clean and to be forgiven. We can start again with a spotless new life and a wholesome relationship with our heavenly Father.

God provides for us in unexpected ways.

Whenever we explore the grandeur of the world around us, we can delight in God’s creative power. Every breathtaking sight reminds us to pause and give thanks. When we feel helpless in the face of life’s challenges, we can look at creation and know that just as long ago God made the splendor around us from a world that was void and empty, God is still creating magnificent masterpieces. Knowing that God can also make our lives beautiful, we can celebrate the beauty of creation.

Still Not Enough by Tom
Like most people, I have spent the last week being reminded of and expressing gratitude for all the ways I have been blessed.
I have expressed my gratitude for the abundance of really good food that I have enjoyed. I have expressed my gratitude for having a warm, dry place to sleep, to eat, and to watch television. I have expressed my gratitude for having clean water to drink and hot water to shave and bathe with.
I have expressed my gratitude for cars that run, mechanics that keep them running, good streets, highways to travel and gas that has dropped significantly in price. I have expressed my gratitude for having a closet full of clothes... some of which are too small for me to wear because of all the good food that I have enjoyed. I have expressed my gratitude that I have an attic to store stuff that I use one time a year and some stuff that I don't use at all.
I have expressed my gratitude for a loving wife who cooks all the good food that I have eaten which has caused me to have clothes in my closet that I cannot wear, for being a Dad, and for having a rich heritage of extended family that knows how to laugh, how to cry, and how to love, and for having friends. I have expressed my gratitude for being entrusted with the privilege of studying God's Word and the opportunity to share what I have learned.
I have expressed my gratitude for good medical care, and for the freedoms, rights and responsibilities of being a citizen of this country. I have expressed my gratitude for the Savior who was willing to die for my sins.
I acknowledge that I have been blessed, that I am blessed, and I have every reason to believe that I will continue to be blessed.
Yet, something is not right. Something is still missing. I am not where I want to be. I want to be more like Christ. I want to be a better follower of Jesus, a better leader of His people, and a better example to my neighbors.
I want to be a better husband. I want to be a better Dad. I want to be a better preacher, teacher, and counselor. I want to be better friend. Though real, my discontent is not unique. Paul expressed his desire like this: "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead. Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians 3:1-14)
Father, You have blessed me beyond my wildest imagination, but it's still not enough. I still want more. I long for more of You in me.

You Can Have It... But I Want It Back!!! Author Unknown
If you have children, or are around young children, then you'll recognize this:
Two toddlers are sitting in the floor playing. Suzie is playing with her blocks, and Davey is trying to decide what to play with. Suzie tells Davey, "Davey, you can play with ANY of my toys. I'm playing with the blocks, but you can use ANYTHING that you want"
So Davey takes her up on it. He picks up her toy telephone, and begins calling his little sister. He's having a great time... such a great time that Suzie suddenly wants to play with the telephone, so she reaches out and grabs the phone. Davey, of course, is upset, and tells her that HE was playing with the phone because she told him that he could use anything that he wanted to. Her response is, "I know that I gave it to you, but I want it back to play with it myself".
Do we ever do the same thing with God? He tells us, in one of my favorite verses (1 Peter 5:7) to "cast your cares upon the Lord, for He cares for you." But how often do we really cast them to Him, and allow Him to keep them? Don't we take them back to "play with them ourselves for a while?"
I don't know about you, but I'm really good at giving God the burdens of my heart, but taking them back from Him and worrying with them for a bit, and then giving them back to Him. I'm good at SAYING that I'm giving God my cares and worries, but I don't seem to truly let them go. Sound familiar?
Worried about your family? Concerned with your finances? Got a health problem keeping you up late? Problems with your relationship with your spouse? Your Boss getting on your nerves?
Philippians 4:6-9 says "Have no anxiety about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, will keep your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is gracious, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, do; and the God of peace will be with you."
There it is, my friends - in simple English - by prayer, and in faith, give your concerns to God. Then, again by prayer and in faith, allow Him to KEEP them, and watch as His will is done with your requests. Remember that sometimes He says wait, and sometimes He also says no. The peace that is promised will come as you allow Him to move in your life, and as you align your life with His will.
Want God to help you carry the load? Then give Him your concerns, and DON'T TAKE THEM BACK!

God Works While We Wait by Louie Giglio
It is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD. — Lamentations 3:26
If we are honest, we all hate to wait. In fact, most often we say something like, “I can’t believe this is taking so long; it’s costing me time I don’t have!” That’s because most of us consider waiting to be wasting. But it’s not so with our God.
God works while we wait.
Even when you can’t see what He is doing, God is always orchestrating the events of Heaven and earth to accomplish His purposes for your life.
Trust in His unfailing love — love that moved Him to send a Savior from heaven to restore and rescue you. God’s plans for your life will not be thwarted. Wait patiently, knowing that waiting is never wasted when you are waiting on God.
Prayer: Father, I am here waiting for You. My heart and hands are open to Your purposes and plans for my life. Give me the patience I so desperately need and lead me in my waiting. Though my feelings may not be there just yet, I believe You are moving on my behalf right this minute, protecting, defending, preparing, providing. Give me grace to keep trusting in You in the face of the gale force winds of doubt that are blowing all around me. Anchor my heart in You. Amen.

The Shadows We Cast by A Norvell Thought
Maybe it was because it was a beautiful and cool fall-early winter afternoon. Maybe it because it was Friday afternoon. Maybe it was because the sun was going down and casting long shadows from the evergreens, the oaks, and the maples. Maybe it was the music I was listening. Maybe it was just a fluke. Maybe it was my age and where I am in life. Whatever the reason, this afternoon walk was a time of reflection on the week that was ending, the people I had interacted with, the sermon I was formulating for Sunday, and the next article I would write.
The combination of the angel of the setting sun and the shadows being cast by the trees across the hills the open fields, the ponds, and the path where I was walking was too much for this amateur photographer to resist from my thoughts and snapping a few quick shots from my phone. The old club house, pro shop, tennis court, and pool house are gone. The difference in the landscape is amazing. The leaves that two weeks ago were spectacular in color have mostly turned brown, blown away, leaving the trees embarrassingly bare. From the shadows in the distance down the hill a deer stood motionless to make sure I did not move in her direction.
Having reached the end of my outward walk I was on the way back when I stopped to get this one shot across the water with the sun to my back. Focused on the pond and the hillside in the distance I did not notice until that snapshot included my shadow long and stretched thin in the foreground of the picture. It captured the afternoon perfectly. “What a long shadow I am casting this afternoon!” I thought.
As Jesus walked the earth His shadow, His presence, brought good news to the poor, freedom to the imprisoned, restored sight to the blind, and release for the oppressed. He brought life to lifeless, hope to the hopeless, and joy to the joyless. His shadow, His presence, fell upon the angry, the hurting, the lonely, the sinful, the broken, and the forgotten. His shadow, His presence, was significant and made a difference in the life of all who will allow it.
That image coupled with those thoughts, nudged my pondering from an image of a shadow on the ground to the shadow of my life. What kind of shadow have I cast with the life I have lived? What kind of shadow do I cast with the life I am living now? As the light of the Son shines over me does my shadow impact another life for the better? Is the life I am living providing a moment of beauty, a moment of peace, a moment of encouragement, a moment of joy for those whose lives I am touching? Or, it is just a shadow?
I wondered about my shadow, my presence. What impact is my shadow, my presence, having on those around me? Do those upon whom my shadow falls, sense a peace in me that passes understanding? Do those upon whom my shadow falls feel a presence that will bring refreshment to their souls? Are those upon whom my shadow falls aware of the presence of God?
Today my shadow will be cast across more lives than I can fathom. Yours will too. May the shadow we cast bring good news to the poor, freedom to the imprisoned, restored sight to the blind, and release for the oppressed. May the shadow we cast this week offer life to lifeless, hope to the hopeless, and joy to the joyless. May the shadow we cast, may our presence, fall upon the angry, the hurting, the lonely, the sinful, the broken, and the forgotten in a way that is significant make a difference in their lives.

Are You Living Free or Are You in Jail? by Pocket Devotions
Acts 5:17-19 Then the high priest and all his associates, who were members of the party of the Sadducees, were filled with jealousy. They arrested the apostles and put them in the public jail. But during the night an angel of the Lord opened the doors of the jail and brought them out.
Thoughts for Today: In our passage today, the high priest and his associates were jealous, so they used their political power to have the apostles thrown in jail. But the Lord had a different plan, He sent His angel to open the doors of the jail and "brought them out." This is a really interesting choice of words, because the angel of the Lord didn't just hold the door open for them and ask if they would like to leave. He actually brought them out. In other words, they didn't choose to come out of captivity -- the Lord delivered them!
Throughout the Bible we read story after story of God's faithfulness in the face of adversity, despite the faithlessness of His people. Paul says in Romans 8:24, "Hope that is seen is no hope at all. For who hopes for what he already has?" What kind of faith would it have taken by Peter and John if they already knew the outcome?
I recently had a difficult situation arise at work. As I reviewed all the issues and what seemed to be the hopelessness of the situation, I thought about our passage today. Peter and John were sitting in jail despite doing the Lord's will -- isn't that how I felt? Regardless of the fact that I had done what I thought was the right thing, here I was in "jail" -- not from a legal perspective, but without any reasonable way out of my problem. I thought about the Israelites from Exodus 14: 13-14, and what Moses told them: "don't be afraid", "stand firm", and "you need only to be still". That is such great advice for any crisis situation. So that's what I did. I got control over my fear (or concern), I stood my ground (I didn't second guess my original decision and play the "could of" or "should of" game), and I rested (or stood still) in the fact that God was in control and if I followed these steps then (from verse 14) -- "you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today". I really like that promise, especially the "today" and "deliverance" parts.
Sure enough, everything worked out. How? I don't know, but once I was freed from the negative emotions of fear, doubt and panic, I could recognize that God had delivered me from my crisis, and the path toward resolution was clearly marked before me. I had taken an intellectual understanding of scripture and successfully applied it to a real life situation.
Let me be clear about one thing: God did not deliver me from this problem in the way I imagined, envisioned or even preferred. But I was delivered nonetheless, just as the apostles were delivered, although not in the exact way they probably expected.
Questions to Ponder: What real life jam are you in right now? The one where you feel like you are in jail and there is no way out? Will you rely on God's promises? Will you trust in His deliverance?

When You Can't Pray, Give Thanks by Bethany Hayes
Psalm 95:2a – Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving. (NKJV)
I once heard of a little boy who refused to say his evening prayers one night — not out of defiance, but because he couldn't think of anything that he wanted. He didn't see much point in praying when there wasn't anything to ask for.
When his mother heard his dilemma, she suggested that he give thanks instead.
So the little boy got on his knees and thanked the Lord for everything that he could think of — from his favorite toy to the fact that he wasn't blind like the boy down the street. His evening prayers were longer that night, because he was thankful for more than he wanted.
We often have a similar dilemma: we find it hard to pray, not because we don't have anything to ask for but because we're too disheartened to pray. Our prayers seem to hit a stone ceiling. Our prayers go unanswered for years. Or we simply don't receive the peace that we used to enjoy in times of prayer.
But maybe we can't pray because we've forgotten to be thankful. Like this little boy, what if we took time today and turned our prayers into words of only thanks?
Our prayers might be longer than usual, because we find ourselves thankful for more than we want.
Prayer: Father, thank You for Your love and goodness that showers upon us more than we deserve. Give us grateful hearts. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
If you can position yourself to be in the flow of My Spirit, you will experience a time of great grace. It will be a time of favor and acceptance, which affords joy, pleasure, sweetness and delight. However, you must release yourself from all worry and fear and forgive those who have wronged you in any way. Be free so that you can enjoy this time of grace, says the Lord. 1 Corinthians 1:3 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Refuse to allow chaos to steal your peace and ability to stay in order. There is a spiritual storm raging all around you, but you can be free and stay above it by recognizing and refusing to be a part of it, says the Lord. Your place of refuge is in Me; I am your safe harbor, a port in any storm. Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, Because he trusts in You.

I see many of you, My people, trying to manage life instead of letting life flow through you. I would have you relax and trust Me that I am with you; leading and directing you. There is too much emphasis on human perfection and not enough on staying in the flow of My Spirit, says the Lord. Let go and let Me. Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

Establish yourself in humble and sincere worship, and you will see Me and experience My presence as never before. There is a place of entry that requires righteousness and complete surrender. Come to Me in Spirit without fleshly desires or concerns. Come into the holy place where you can be refreshed, says the Lord. Acts 3:19 "Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord."

I have created you to be creative. Watch for extraordinary opportunities to create in ways that are out-of-the-box or beyond your normal concept of creativity. Let Me expand your awareness to see and enjoy doing things that you have not considered until now, says the Lord. 2 Thessalonians 1:12 that the name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Surrender yourself completely to Me, says the Lord. I want to bring you to a new and higher spiritual level where you can begin to see with clear perspective. From this place your life will be a process of unfolding step by step as I go before you to prepare the way for My purposes to not only be revealed but demonstrated in your life. Put your trust in Me. Isaiah 45:2 I will go before you and make the crooked places straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
What I sense now is that the Lord is stepping forward. Stepping closer to you than He has been before. Stepping forth in anticipation of your faith, of your thanksgiving so that He can give to you in this season that which you most need, that which you desire. And, there will also be even those gifts from God in this season that will be complete surprises. They will bring joy and love and a heart full of gratitude for that which God has done for you and will continue to do with you all the days of your life. So, don’t miss the opportunities that He is extending in this season. He’s coming very close. His presence is coming to allow each of you to know that He is with you and He’s for you and He has blessings in this season—some that you are not even aware of. So, only believe and position yourself by faith to receive the presence of the Holy One in this time and in this season.

IT'S TIME TO PRAY by John Derek Hamilton
When you feel like you've had enough,
can't take one more day.
Do not delay,
it's time to pray.
When you know you've done wrong,
from his way you've strayed,
He's ready to forgive you,
it's time to pray.
When you're overcome with joy,
and you want to have your say,
Don't forget to thank him,
it's time to pray.
When you have worthless feelings,
that just wont go away,
Just talk to him,
it's time to pray.
When you want to do wrong,
strong desires pulling you away,
He knows we are made of clay,
it's time to pray.
When you wake up to the suns rays,
ready to live another day,
Thank him for life,
it's time to pray.
When you need good advice,
don't know who to talk to,
you need some direction,
someone to guide you,
Just talk to him, he'll show you the way,
When it's time to decide, it's time to pray.
When you feel sad, when you feel good,
When you feel so misunderstood,
At any time, any where,
when you feel no one cares,
At the start, at the end,
during each and every day,
Remember your maker,
it's time to pray.

A CHRISTMAS PRAYER Author Unknown
I said a Christmas Prayer for you
Because the season's near.
I didn't ask for riches
But for gifts so much more dear.
I asked for joyful gatherings
With your family all round,
And for carols to inspire you
With their old familiar sound.
I asked for quiet moments
In your heart on Christmas morn,
For a special time to celebrate
The Savior who was born.
I asked for friends to send their best
That you might know they care;
I asked for peace and love and hope,
And I know God heard my prayer.

Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God. But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called 'Today,' so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. For we have become partakers of Christ, if we hold fast the beginning of our assurance firm until the end. -- Hebrews 3:12-14

And He (Jesus) said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. -- Matthew 22:37,38

For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but my kindness shall not depart from thee, neither shall the covenant of my peace be removed, saith the Lord that hath mercy on thee. Isaiah 54:10

24A dispute also arose among them as to which of them was considered to be greatest. 25Jesus said to them, “The kings of the Gentiles lord it over them; and those who exercise authority over them call themselves Benefactors. 26But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the one who rules like the one who serves. 27For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves. 28You are those who have stood by me in my trials. 29And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, 30so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 31“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. 32But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.” Luke 22:24-32

The Greatest Commandment
28One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?” 29“The most important one,” answered Jesus, “is this: ‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one.e 30Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’f 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’g There is no commandment greater than these.” 32“Well said, teacher,” the man replied. “You are right in saying that God is one and there is no other but him. 33To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices.” Mark 12:28-33

1Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others. 5In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: Philippians 2:1-5

7The end of all things is near. Therefore be alert and of sober mind so that you may pray. 8Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. 9Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. 10Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. 11If anyone speaks, they should do so as one who speaks the very words of God. If anyone serves, they should do so with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ. To him be the glory and the power for ever and ever. Amen. 1 Peter 4:7-11

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Matthew 28:19-20

Stand Firm On The Rock by Steve Troxel
Let's bring Him glory as we resolve to stand firm on the Rock!
In the message "Stand On Solid Ground" we compared Salvation through faith in Jesus to the words of praise written by David: "He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand" (Psalm 40:2). We saw how God gives us an eternal hope by lifting us up, washing us clean, and setting our feet upon a new and solid path. But what should we do now that our feet have been set?
When we are in the slimy and muddy pit we are vulnerable to attack; it's difficult to move and we easily lose our balance. We tend to live in fear, not knowing who to trust or which way to turn. But as Christ lifts us up, we become "a new creation" (2 Corinthians 5:17). Life on solid ground should not be the same as life in the pit! That's worth repeating - Life should NOT be the same!!
As the Spirit of God transforms us, He also provides everything we need to accomplish God's work and live a victorious life; "His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness" (2 Peter 1:3). Knowing that our Heavenly Father has created us anew and gifted us with ALL we ever need, we must now be resolved to stand firm.
1 Corinthians 15:58 "Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."
We must make every effort to firmly stand; and yet, we must realize we cannot stand in our own strength. The ground is solid only because of Christ. He IS the rock upon which we have been set - the Rock of our Salvation. Whenever we feel unworthy or unable to follow - whenever we feel we can no longer stand - we have surely begun to look to our own strength rather than God; "Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ" (2 Corinthians 1:21). He alone gives us the strength.
We have trusted Him to lift us out of the pit, and now that we are His child, we must continue to trust Him to strengthen us and be the stable Rock of our life. "For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to Him through the death of His Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through His life!" (Romans 5:10).
The solid Rock is no place to tremble, no place to fear. He will remain solid for all eternity, and as we stand on Him, He will accomplish through us what we are unable to do in our own strength. He is our new life, our strength, our identity, and all our self-worth. He is our comfort when we grieve and He is our guiding light when we have lost our way. Let's honor our Heavenly Father as we continue to stand. Let's bring Him glory as we resolve to stand firm on the Rock! Have a Christ Centered Day!

Lord, Make my life a window for Your light to shine through and a mirror to reflect Your love to all I meet. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Job 33
1 Wherefore, Job, I pray thee, hear my speeches, and hearken to all my words. 2 Behold, now I have opened my mouth, my tongue hath spoken in my mouth. 3 My words shall be of the uprightness of my heart: and my lips shall utter knowledge clearly. 4 The spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. 5 If thou canst answer me, set thy words in order before me, stand up. 6 Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay. 7 Behold, my terror shall not make thee afraid, neither shall my hand be heavy upon thee. 8 Surely thou hast spoken in mine hearing, and I have heard the voice of thy words, saying, 9 I am clean without transgression, I am innocent; neither is there iniquity in me. 10 Behold, he findeth occasions against me, he counteth me for his enemy, 11 He putteth my feet in the stocks, he marketh all my paths. 12 Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man. 13 Why dost thou strive against him? for he giveth not account of any of his matters. 14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. 15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; 16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction, 17 That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man. 18 He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword. 19 He is chastened also with pain upon his bed, and the multitude of his bones with strong pain: 20 So that his life abhorreth bread, and his soul dainty meat. 21 His flesh is consumed away, that it cannot be seen; and his bones that were not seen stick out. 22 Yea, his soul draweth near unto the grave, and his life to the destroyers. 23 If there be a messenger with him, an interpreter, one among a thousand, to shew unto man his uprightness: 24 Then he is gracious unto him, and saith, Deliver him from going down to the pit: I have found a ransom. 25 His flesh shall be fresher than a child's: he shall return to the days of his youth: 26 He shall pray unto God, and he will be favourable unto him: and he shall see his face with joy: for he will render unto man his righteousness. 27 He looketh upon men, and if any say, I have sinned, and perverted that which was right, and it profited me not; 28 He will deliver his soul from going into the pit, and his life shall see the light. 29 Lo, all these things worketh God oftentimes with man, 30 To bring back his soul from the pit, to be enlightened with the light of the living. 31 Mark well, O Job, hearken unto me: hold thy peace, and I will speak. 32 If thou hast anything to say, answer me: speak, for I desire to justify thee. 33 If not, hearken unto me: hold thy peace, and I shall teach thee wisdom.

Our Father in Heaven, We thank you for the gift of life. We ask that you would allow your healing touch to rest upon every person that is in need. We thank you in advance. In Jesus' name we pray, Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links