View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 10:51 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - July 24

God’s love can transform every season of our lives.

When you feel down because you didn't get what you want, just sit tight and be happy, because God has thought of something better to give you.

"God never goes anywhere. God will never be more present for us than right now. You and I may go away, however. We put our attention on the problem of the moment, or a problem that may never even come to pass. We are invited to remember that the Spirit of God is upon us: 'Lo, I am with you always even to the end of time.'"--Mary Manin Morrissey

"Always, He will watch over us and comfort us." --Ernest Holmes

This statement is what guidance means to me. As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead.

Every day God desires to guide us and help us with our daily problems.

Where the will of God leads you, the grace of God will keep you.

God's love is free and unconditional.

God lives not just with us but within us.

Christ loves each of us just as we are.

Look for the beauty God places within each person.

A Life of Discipline Will Bring God's Peace by Joyce Meyer
No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. (*Hebrews‬ *12‬:*11‬)
Too many things compete for our limited resources of attention, energy and time.
I used to complain to God about my schedule being absolutely insane. I'd cry, "God, how could anyone be expected to do all that I have to do?"
Then it hit me: I was the one who made my schedule and nobody could change it but me! I could no longer spend time wishing things were different because wishing wouldn't change anything.
God showed me that I had to discipline myself in order to simplify my life.
You'll have to do that too if you want life to slow down. Ask the Holy Spirit for help. He can guide you, showing you what commitments to make and which ones to turn down.
It may be tough at first, especially if you haven't been disciplined in the past, but the rewards of order and restraint are worth the effort. The Bible says that discipline brings peaceable fruit. Begin disciplining yourself today, and you can begin to enjoy the peaceful life that God has waiting for you.

The Goodness Of God Author Unknown
There's a Dennis the Menace cartoon in which Dennis and his friend Joey are walking away from the Wilson's house with their hands full of cookies. Joey asks, "I wonder what we did to deserve this?"
Dennis tells his friend, "Joey, Mrs. Wilson gives us cookies not because we're nice, but because she's nice."
The same can be said of our Heavenly Father. He gives, not because we're good, but because He's good.
When we trust in Him and surrender our hearts and lives to Him, He saves us and forgives us. He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us for our iniquities. Instead, He is the one "...who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's." (Psalm 103:4-5)
God is good, all the time - and - all the time, God is good!

God's Perfect Timing by Bruce Wilcox
Philippians 4:19 – And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (NKJV)
Some time back, Jackie and I decided to start checking out various auto dealers for a used SUV-type vehicle for Jackie's home-care work. Some of the roads she navigates are remote and pretty rough, so we needed something higher off the ground than a car.
After praying about this, we checked out our local places, then took a trip to Kamloops. We spent pretty much the whole day looking at and test-driving various vehicles, none of which had the right combination of price, visibility, and comfort for Jackie's back.
As dusk was settling in and we were thinking we weren't going to find anything that day after all, we drove to the opposite end of town and happened to notice another dealership.
As we strolled onto their lot, a salesman mentioned that they had just received delivery of a used vehicle that had been driven in from Alberta, which had actually arrived ahead of time. The asking price was in our ballpark, so we decided to take it out for a test drive with this fellow.
As we were driving around, Jackie knew that this was definitely going to be our best bet. The salesman asked us where we were from and what we did, and when we mentioned that I was a Christian pastor, he surprised us by saying that he himself was a new Christian, and that his brother had just recently led him to receive Jesus into his life as Lord and Saviour.
We then had a really good chat together with this new brother in Christ, getting to know him a little better in sharing things from the Lord in our lives. By the time we got back and made the deal for the vehicle, it was past closing time at the dealership. After we had signed all the paperwork, our new friend, Murray, told us that he had been praying for a desperately-needed financial boost, as he and his family had really been hit hard. He then thanked and praised God (and us), because it was the last day of the month, and this sale was just enough to qualify him for their monthly sales bonus.
Talk about God's perfect timing in answering prayer! A place we had no intention of bothering with, a vehicle arriving ahead of time, a Christian in need, the right thing for us at the right price, and desperately-needed bonus money for Murray and his family for which he qualified on the last day of the month and after business hours. Just before we left, he phoned his wife with this great news as to why he was late getting home. Murray thought that he had run out of time for this to happen, but for God, it was just another display of His perfect timing in all things.
Not all of our prayers are answered in such dramatic ways, but it is encouraging to know that our God is a God of love and power, and that He does have miraculous ways of providing for our needs. We just need to trust Him.
Prayer: Lord, help us never to forget that You are in control and that You love us. Help us to trust Your timing in the working out of Your will in our lives and in all things. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

God Justifies The Ungodly by Mrs. P's Devotional
Boldness is what God wants you to have when you come to Him. He does not want you to be afraid to come to Him, feeling unworthy because of your sins. He wants you to come boldly to Him, knowing that the death, burial and resurrection of His Son Jesus Christ has justified you and qualified you to boldly receive from Him.
This was the kind of boldness that the woman with the issue of blood had when she touched Jesus. (Mark 5:25–34) Now, by touching Jesus, she knew that she was breaking a Levitical law which states that anyone with a bodily discharge is unclean, and should not appear in public, let alone touch another person. (Leviticus 15)
But she refused to feel condemned by the law. She believed what she had heard about Jesus, and was confident that there would only be love and compassion, not condemnation, from Him. She believed that Jesus would justify her and qualify her to receive the miracle she needed. That was why she boldly pressed her way into the crowd to touch Jesus, who indeed said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well.” (Mark 5:34)
What was it about her faith that made her well? Romans 4:5 talks about faith that believes God justifies the ungodly. When you believe that God justifies the ungodly, it will give you boldness to come to God, even when you feel unclean because you have just blown it.
When you fail, don’t run away from God. Run boldly to Him, knowing that you are justified by the blood of Christ and not by your good behavior.
The devil may say to you, “How can you do that? Who do you think you are?” Don’t listen to him. Pick yourself up and thank God for the blood and the gift of no condemnation. (Romans 8:1) If God justifies the ungodly, how much more you, His beloved child!
Romans 4:5
But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness.

THE BEAUTIFUL MASTERPIECE GOD IS MAKING YOU from Daily Living For Seniors
Yet you, LORD, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. Isaiah 64:8
A huge chunk of beautiful marble lay in the courtyard of the Florence, Italy cathedral for almost a hundred years. The sculptor commissioned to carve it had made a mistake while attempting to carve the stone, and most people thought it was beyond repair.
But in 1505, another young sculptor by the name of Michelangelo came across the piece and thought he could do something with it. For three years, he worked steadily, carefully shaping the marble into an 18-foot tall image of the young shepherd boy David – a sculpture that would define the great artist’s career.
Much like Michelangelo, God is our Sculptor. He finds us broken, lost, and in desperate need of work. Then, after putting our faith in Christ, He begins to chisel us – scraping and chipping away our imperfections and making us more and more into the image He wants us to be.
This sculpting we undergo isn’t always a pleasant experience. That’s because sometimes we have idols and imperfections chipped away to which we’ve grown very attached. But our Master Sculptor knows what He’s doing. Trust Him to mold you throughout your life into the masterpiece He’s created you to be and thank Him that He’s set you free from the imperfections that hinder you!
Prayer Challenge: Ask God to help you submit to His daily sculpting in your life as He transforms you into His image.
In what areas do you believe God is shaping you more and more into His image today?

A teacher once told each of her students to bring a clear plastic bag and a sack of potatoes to school. For every person they refuse to forgive in their life's experience, they chose a potato, wrote on it the name and date, and put it in the plastic bag. Some of their bags were quite heavy.
They were then told to carry this bag with them everywhere for one week, putting it beside their bed at night, on the car seat when driving,
next to their desk at work.
The hassle of lugging this around with them made it clear what a weight they were carrying spiritually, and how they had to pay attention to it all the time to not forget and keep leaving it in embarrassing places.
Naturally, the condition of the potatoes deteriorated to a nasty smelly slime. This was a great metaphor for the price we pay for keeping our pain and heavy negativity.
Forgiveness is a not a gift we give to the other person, rather, God's gift to us. --Author Unknown
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Matthew 6:12

A Time and A Season Author Unknown
A little girl had been shopping with her Mom in Wal-Mart. She must have been 6 years old, this beautiful red haired, freckle faced image of innocence. It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time to flow down the spout. We all stood there under the awning and just inside the door of the Wal-Mart. We waited, some patiently, others irritated because nature messed up their hurried day. I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I got lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world. Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child come pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.
The little voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in "Mom, let's run through the rain," she said.
What?" Mom asked.
"Let 's run through the rain!" She repeated.
"No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit," Mom replied.
This young child waited about another minute and repeated: "Mom, let's run through the rain."
"We'll get soaked if we do," Mom said.
"No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning," the young girl said as she tugged at her Mom's arm.
This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet? "Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer, you said, 'If God can get us through this, he can get us through anything!"
The entire crowd stopped dead silent. I swear you couldn't hear anything but the rain. We all stood silently. No one came or left in the next few minutes. Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say. Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might even ignore what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's' life. A time when
innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom into faith..
"Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If GOD let's us get wet, well maybe we just needed washing," Mom said.
Then off they ran. We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the cars and yes, through the puddles. They held their shopping bags over their heads just in case. They got soaked. But they were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way to their cars. And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing.
Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away your precious memories...
So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday.
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.
I HOPE YOU STILL TAKE THE TIME TO RUN THROUGH THE RAIN.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Relationship with Me is a very tender thing. It is delicate and needs to be protected. It is easy to lose the sweetness of our love affair by allowing your commitment to Me to become religious works. Take inventory of where you are spiritually, and renew your sense of deep love, says the Lord. Refuse to drift away in your busyness. 2 Thessalonians 3:5 Now may the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God and into the patience of Christ.

Stop and reflect on what I have asked of you, says the Lord. Take heart that you have accomplished a lot of what has been given to you to do. But, more is required. Keep pushing through and do not give up. Hear My still, small voice encouraging you, and be aware that I am strengthening you. This is not beyond your ability or resources, for I am your present help in these times. Psalms 143:10 Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God; Your Spirit is good. Lead me in the land of uprightness.

I want you to face yourself directly, and look carefully at things that cause you to be in bondage. It is My desire that you be free from everything that keeps you from perfect liberty. Every day is an opportunity to choose life and freedom as opposed to darkness and oppression. Choose life, says the Lord. Deuteronomy 30:19 "I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live."

You can begin to celebrate breakthrough in the areas of life where you have been stuck for sometime. It will come like the breaking of a dam--slow at first followed by a final burst. This will bring a sense of relief and a season of divine order and liberty, says the Lord. Flow with the moving of My Spirit. Psalms 98:1 Oh, sing to the LORD a new song! For He has done marvelous things; His right hand and His holy arm have gained Him the victory.

Push forward to meet the criteria I have set for you. Conquer obstacles and difficulties as they arise, and trust Me to give you the strength and wisdom necessary. Establish a pure heart and keep your eyes on what is truly important so that mundane and practical matters do not take the place of spiritual focus, says the Lord. Keep looking up. Psalms 20:7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I hear the Lord saying, "Absolutely, without hesitation, move into this position of freedom and liberty in the Spirit. For, it will become even more necessary in this the end of the age that you learn to live in the liberty and freedom of My Spirit; that you learn to live in unity with Me. And, that you learn to hear My voice more precisely than you’ve heard it before so that I can lead you and guide you and protect you. In these days that are ahead of you become one with Me and remain in a position of freedom where joy is free flowing in your life."

My Hope is Built on Nothing Less by Edward Mote
My hope is built on nothing less
Than Jesus' blood and righteousness;
I dare not trust the sweetest frame,
But wholly lean on Jesus' name.
On Christ, the solid Rock, I stand;
All other ground is sinking sand.
When darkness veils His lovely face,
I rest on His unchanging grace;
In every high and stormy gale
My anchor holds within the veil.
His oath, His covenant, and blood
Support me in the whelming flood;
When every earthly prop gives way,
He then is all my Hope and Stay.
When He shall come with trumpet sound,
Oh, may I then in Him be found,
Clothed in His righteousness alone,
Faultless to stand before the throne!

GOD USES THE ROADBLOCKS by Sheila Gosney
There are times when we're traveling down the road of life
expecting a good turn up ahead.
It's something we've dreamed of...or something we pursued
but we were left with disappointment instead.
For whatever reason, it wasn't our season
and our dreams were all dashed in the wind.
And we had to start over...to pick up the pieces
then put them together again.
But if we are walking in a personal relationship
with the Lord...the great God of old,
Then we have to believe He has a perfect plan
that one day we will see unfold.
And we have to believe His ways are much higher
and He is able to show us those ways.
We have to believe He is sovereign and gracious
to know He's in charge of our days.
And as much as the roadblocks & shut-doors may hurt us
they are part of our own life stories.
For it's not just successes and high points in life
where God chooses to show us His glory.
As life moves forward and new chapters unfold
God shows us a far better picture instead.
For He uses the roadblocks to send us down other paths
where He's opening His doors instead.

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven. Ecclesiastes 3:1

The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." 6 So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you; but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation. - 1 Peter 4:12-13

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

As for God, His way is blameless; the word of the LORD is tried; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him. - Psalm 18:30

The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9

An Unusual Follower Author Unknown
Has someone or something ever followed you around? Perhaps a small child who idolizes you or a pet that stays close to your heels? What about a duck?
We were living on a farm in Tennessee, and our back porch overlooked a small pond. I loved to stroll down by the pond and sit along the edge watching turtle heads pop up in the water. Sometimes a duck or two would visit. One year, I had a very special encounter with a beautiful male mallard.
He arrived at the pond one day. I slowly approached so I wouldn't scare him off. He quickly swam away as I gently talked to him and tried to coax his return to the water's edge. The next day, I brought him a treat of bread crumbs. As I tossed them into the water, I could see him watching me, but he kept his distance. After a few minutes, I left him alone to enjoy his treat and continued to watch him from the back porch.
This became a daily ritual. I brought out the bread, he would swim away until I left him alone, and then he would come up to eat. After a few more days, he started to swim towards me along the edge of the pond when he saw me approaching. Just as this duck's trust in me was growing, we can trust the Lord is always near to care for us and know He does not want to harm us in any way.
Apparently, one day the duck thought I was taking too long to get outside so he decided to come and find me. We were inside the house and heard a tap, tap, tap on our sliding glass doors. This little duck was knocking with his beak! He wanted to spend time with me. He was ready and waiting for my visit and my treat. Didn't Jesus say, "…knock and the door will be opened to you" (Matthew 7:7 NIV)? I opened my door to the duck and met his need. Jesus opens His door to us welcoming us with open arms. He supplies all our needs as well. We should persistently seek Him, hunger for His Word, and spend time in fellowship with Him.
Some people have dogs that follow them everywhere; not me, I had a duck! There were times when I would be walking down our long driveway, turn around and the duck would be following behind. It was the cutest thing! Jesus wants us to follow after Him, too. He said, "Come, follow me…" (Matthew 4:19 NIV). We can faithfully follow after Him and strive to fulfill His plans for our lives.
Something became more important to the duck than spending time with me. He flew away never to be seen again. I believe, however, there is no better place to be than in the presence of Jesus following after Him in complete trust.
When you come to Him and follow Him, He will never leave you. You can trust Him to always be there for you, wherever you are, in whatever circumstances you face.
Psalm 9:10 "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you" (NIV).

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank You for all of the things You are doing in my life. Lord, I do want to have a listening and obedient ear to all You are speaking to me. Lord, help me to obey quickly when You speak to me to do something. Lord, I do want to overcome my flesh and walk in the spirit and always have faith and trust in You. I choose to do it Your way and not mine, no matter what the cost, as I want to go all the way with You. Remove anything from my heart that would hinder my walk in You. I ask this in the name of Your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Job 14
1 Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble. 2 He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not. 3 And doth thou open thine eyes upon such an one, and bringest me into judgment with thee? 4 Who can bring a clean thing out of an unclean? not one. 5 Seeing his days are determined, the number of his months are with thee, thou hast appointed his bounds that he cannot pass; 6 Turn from him, that he may rest, till he shall accomplish, as an hireling, his day. 7 For there is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease. 8 Though the root thereof wax old in the earth, and the stock thereof die in the ground; 9 Yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant. 10 But man dieth, and wasteth away: yea, man giveth up the ghost, and where is he? 11 As the waters fail from the sea, and the flood decayeth and drieth up: 12 So man lieth down, and riseth not: till the heavens be no more, they shall not awake, nor be raised out of their sleep. 13 O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave, that thou wouldest keep me secret, until thy wrath be past, that thou wouldest appoint me a set time, and remember me! 14 If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come. 15 Thou shalt call, and I will answer thee: thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands. 16 For now thou numberest my steps: dost thou not watch over my sin? 17 My transgression is sealed up in a bag, and thou sewest up mine iniquity. 18 And surely the mountains falling cometh to nought, and the rock is removed out of his place. 19 The waters wear the stones: thou washest away the things which grow out of the dust of the earth; and thou destroyest the hope of man. 20 Thou prevailest for ever against him, and he passeth: thou changest his countenance, and sendest him away. 21 His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them. 22 But his flesh upon him shall have pain, and his soul within him shall mourn.

Dear God, Help us to remember that you love us and remain with us through every period of our lives. Help us to serve you and share your love, giving new life and hope to others. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links