View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 01:07 AM   #3
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:
Friday, October 3, 2014

You are reading from the book Food for Thought

Being Committed

Success comes with commitment. We cannot maintain abstinence, or a marriage, or a profession, or anything else without being committed to it. Genuine commitment is the attitude required of us if we are to benefit from OA. The program is not something we pick up and put down when we feel like it. If abstinence is not the most important thing in our lives, we will not be able to maintain it.

Sharing our commitment out loud, with another person, reinforces it. We need to stay in contact with our OA friends. It is during the busy times that we especially need to remember our priorities. A phone call plugs us in to the group strength, which sustains our individual efforts.

The physical, emotional, and spiritual benefits, which come to us every day as we abstain and work the Twelve Steps, are what nourish us. Being committed to the OA program is our strength and our recovery.

Make firm my commitment to Your way.
The program doesn't work without commitment. As it says in AA's Big Book, half measures avails you nothing. What good is one foot in the door and the other one outside.

What good is eating a healthy meal and dinner and raiding the refrigerator at night? Commitment is honesty!!!

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote