View Single Post
Old 08-15-2013, 07:22 AM   #12
yukonm
Administrator

August 15

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

There are those too, who suffer from grave emotional and mental disorders, but many of them do recover if they have the capacity to be honest. - Pg. 58 - How It Works

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

You never have to be alone again. Where ever you are, the Fellowship is close by and always, always where ever you are, your Higher Power is too!

Hi God!
I may not have a clear conception of You -- I may not truly believe. However, I've come this far and right now I just want to say 'Hi.'

My Only Job

My only job is to work my own recovery. I cannot work anyone else's recovery for them, I can barely keep up with my own. When I get my head stuck in other people's issues and become preoccupied with how they are doing, I lose my own grounding. Today I will ask myself the questions that are important for me to answer. HALT. Am I too hungry, angry, lonely or tired? If the answer is yes to any of these, I will attend to myself so that I don't act out, get down or pick up. I will ask myself if I have gotten enough exercise and rest. I will eat nutritious foods that give me the energy I need for my recovery and stay away from those foods that cause my blood sugar to spike then fall, leaving me depleted. I will seek out companionship and connection. I will make sure that I have kept time in my day for reflection and meditation.

I can take charge of my own experience.

- Tian Dayton Phd

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I will spend more time putting my own needs aside to help someone.

It is good that I can be filled with such good feelings and I get so much when I give of myself.

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

Sanskrit saying 'God sleeps in the mineral, awakens in the plants, walks in the animals, and thinks in you.' The Universal Source of life actually thinks in you. Use this well.

Every bad choice I ever made began with a single thought. Every good choice I ever made began with a single thought. I choose my thoughts carefully.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Don't romance the drug.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

We left the meeting, I was really angry. I said: 'I'm never going to that meeting again. And I'm never sharing again!' Mick said: 'Oh, you've got to share Greg.. you never know when you might tell the truth. - Greg.
yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: