View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #14
yukonm
Administrator

August 17

AA 'Big Book' - Quote

A co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous. The birth of our Society dates from his first day of permanent sobriety. June 10, 1935.
To 1950, the year of his death, he carried the A.A. message to more than 5,000 alcoholic men and women, and to all these he gave his medical services without thought of charge.
In this prodigy of service, he was well assisted by Sister Ignatia at St. Thomas Hospital in Akron, Ohio, one of the greatest friends our Fellowship will ever know. - Pg. 171 - DOCTOR BOB'S NIGHTMARE

Hour To Hour - Book - Quote

Compulsive behavior is characterized by the need to be better than, sooner than, bigger then, more than. This creates pressure which creates stress, which for us creates danger! That is why we take the slogan 'Easy Does It,' seriously.

Help me to enjoy the journey, slow down and not expect five years of recovery in five weeks.

Hesitation

Today, I will walk the walk and talk the talk. It will not be good for me, ultimately, to half commit myself. In a way, the particular path that I take is less significant than that I take a path. I can second-guess myself and my experience. Commitment to a path is really commitment to myself. I am allowing myself to take a clear direction, one in which I can actualize my talents on a day-to-day basis, one that will allow me to build a foundation and a structure in which I can live. I will have a passion in life, a passion that takes me beyond myself, a passion to love, nourish, be led and challenged by. I will follow it, and it will follow me.

- Tian Dayton PhD

Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

How to share what it was like, what happened, and what it is like now. Be sincere. Be brief. Be seated.

When I share, I share to draw attention to the message, not the messenger.

"Walk Softly and Carry a Big Book" - Book

Controlling life isn't the answer, it's the problem.

Time for Joy - Book - Quote

Today I know that whatever is in my life I have put there and therefore I can let it go as well.

Today I have faith and trust that I can take an honest look at what needs to be changed in my life.

Alkiespeak - Book - Quote

Resentments come in the back door - wearing sunglasses. Anon.
yukonm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yukonm For Sharing: