View Single Post
Old 02-24-2014, 01:32 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Thank you for sharing. I can identify, I was living in the YWCA and closed the door on the world and detoxed and thought I was going to die for 5 days. The social worker there got me into treatment. My doctor sent me to Relapse Prevention, I didn't even know I had a problem or what it entailed, until I worked with the her. My doctor had been my supplier for years.

Congratulations on your 4 days. It is a simple program, go to meetings, get a home group (a place you feel comfortable and you can identify with the people in the group). Find a sponsor, doesn't always have to be someone from your group, but I found it helped, because I needed to keep contact with her daily.

There is a lot of recovery material here. It doesn't matter what the substance is, it is all applicable. The common denominator of all addictions are the 12 Steps and Traditions. I used alcohol and relationships, just as much as I did pills and food.

Hope you will continue to come and share your journey with us. We have a daily check in section. It has been a good connection for me.

The longer I stayed clean and sober, I was able to make healthy choices.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MajestyJo For Sharing: