View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 02:43 AM   #52
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 21

Quote of the Week

"Don't forget that the world record is 24 hours."

I remember when I was new watching people take cakes for 5 years, 7 years and more, and thinking that they had something I didn't - the ability to stay sober. When I shared about this, I was told that we all have the same amount of time - today. As I kept going to meetings, I started to see people with long term recovery go out and learned how important it was to value and concentrate on today.

As I got a few years under my belt and began trying to figure out what to do with my life, I once again got impatient when I saw that others had accomplished so much and seemed to have many of the things that I wanted, too. When I shared this, I was once again reminded that the world record was just 24 hours and that if I set a goal and took the next daily action, then I could also accomplish anything I set my mind to.

Over the years I've come to see the immense wisdom and simplicity in today's quote. When tasks or goals seem impossible to accomplish or overcome, I remind myself that while I may not be able to keep it up or do it over a lifetime, I can do it just for today.

And what I've found is that when I take the right action, one 24 hour day at a time, obstacles are overcome and dreams do come true.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote