View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 11:56 AM   #1
roverl0616

Default No Place Like It

I don't know about everyone else but when I first started going to recovery meetings there was something about them and I didn't even know what this was, but still there was definitely something about them that seemed so very real that I could feel, still I had no idea what it was. It seemed so unfamiliar but also had a certain type of appeal and I wanted to know more about what this was. I couldn't even put into words how to ask about this so I put off doing so hoping that one day I might know why I kept experiencing this at all those meetings. It seemed new to me but yet somehow I knew it wasn't. I couldn't even remember if I had ever been somewhere else where I had experienced this, whatever this was. It seemed like there had been no other place that I'd been before where I had felt this. Later I came to find out exactly what this was that I was experiencing when I started going to those meetings. There was a safety in the meetings that I had not found anywhere else before, or have I been able to find anywhere else.
roverl0616 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roverl0616 For Sharing:
Sponsored Links