View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

How to receive Jesus Christ into your life

“When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, ‘Brothers, what shall we do?’ Peter replied, ‘Repent and be baptised, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off - for all whom the Lord our God will call’.” (Acts 2:37-39)

The Bible shows us that just to agree intellectually that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and that He died on the cross for our sins is not enough. Nor is it enough to have an emotional experience. Receiving Jesus Christ involves:

* a deliberate act of will, a step of faith, to receive the unearned gift of God
* a change of lifestyle - ‘repentance’ means turning around and going in a new direction
* being baptised in the name of Jesus Christ as an act of commitment to following him and receiving forgiveness
* receiving the gift of the Holy Spirit, who will make God known to you and guide and empower you to fulfil God’s purpose for your life

The marvellous and miraculous reality is that to receive Christ in this way is to experience a new birth-day! Jesus said “I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. Do not be surprised when I say you must be born again. Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.” (see John 3:1-8)

Take time to think about all this. These are deep and life-changing truths. If you want, you can take the first step towards receiving Christ right now by faith through prayer. Prayer is simply talking to God. God knows your heart and is not so concerned with your words as he is with the attitude of your heart.

You may like to use this suggested form of prayer, or put this into your own words:

* Lord Jesus Christ, please help me, I need you.
* Thank you for dying on the cross for my sins.
* I believe that you want to come into my life.
* I am sorry for my sinful ways, and I ask for your forgiveness.
* I open my life to you now and ask you to come in and be my Saviour and my Lord.
* Wash me clean and fill me with your Holy Spirit.
* Thank you for forgiving my sins and giving me eternal life.
* Help me to learn to love you and follow you all of my days.

If you have prayed along these lines and sincerely mean it, then start to believe that God has saved you from your sins and made you a new person in Christ, just as he promised he would.

http://www.vision.pwp.blueyonder.co....l/howtorj.html
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote