Thread: Acceptance
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2015, 04:08 AM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Honesty and acceptance are two things that I need to take with me today. The world doesn't revolve around me and my thoughts and actions. I am part of the whole and as much as I would like my own way, I am not going to get it!!!

Each day is about acceptance, I think it is the #1 tool of recovery. Without it I can not have serenity. I can be sober, but fall far short of sobriety (soundness of mind).

Lack of acceptance is me playing 'god' with my life. It also means that I have expectations that are often not attainable or I have projected them onto others who are unable to fulfill them and I am putting my life on hold, waiting for them to do what I think and feel they SHOULD do. Lack of acceptance is attached to a whole lot of stinking thinking and takes a whole lot of prayer to change.

The best prayer that I have found is the prayer of willingness. Praying for the willingness to be willing to accept. Sometimes, it is just the willingness to be willing. I am so grateful for a loving and forgiving God.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote