View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 05:36 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

March 18, 2013

Quote of the Week

"If I don't go to meetings, I don't hear what
God wants me to hear."

Before recovery, I kept a lot of lower companion company. I worked with a bunch of self-serving thieves who wanted the easy way out at the expense of others. My friends were alcoholics or drug addicts who were great to party with but not much help when I needed to move. Eventually I ended up lower than them all and was isolated, angry and out of options.

When I crawled into the rooms, it was suggested that I go to a lot of meetings and start paying attention to what I heard. When one of my old friends said that I was being brainwashed, I brought this up to my sponsor. He told me that from what he had heard from me so far, my brain could use some washing! As much as I didn't want to admit it, he was right, and over the years I've heard exactly what I've needed to hear from someone sharing in a meeting.

I've always been in awe of the wisdom that comes from the rooms. Even today, when I think I know it all, I'm amazed by what can come out of a newcomer's mouth. When I'm feeling scared, or discouraged, or disconnected, I almost always hear just what I need to change my perspective and find a solution. Today, when I'm feeling too busy or too comfortable to go, I remind myself that if I don't keep going to meetings, I won't keep hearing what God wants me to hear.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote