Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-01-2015, 03:30 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - December

December 1

Matthew 6:34 — Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Much worry comes from carrying today the burdens of yesterday and the dreads of tomorrow. This is unnecessary and unhealthy. Lessons from the past can be learned without living in it. We can plan for the future without dwelling on it. Now is all we have. Let’s invest it, enjoy it, profit from it. Let’s not lose it to worry. — Randy Alcorn

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever. —Daniel 12:3

John 1:1-2
The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning.

Psalms 66:20 Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me.

And so, Lord, where do I put my hope? My only hope is in you. Psalm 39:7

Then Jesus told him, “Because you have seen me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.” John 20:29

1 Corinthians 15:58 (NIV) - Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him. 1 Chronicles 16:11

Lamentations 5:19 You, O LORD, reign forever; your throne endures from generation to generation.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2015, 07:03 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 2

Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. - Psalm 37:24

O LORD, ... be not silent. Do not be far from me, O Lord. Awake, and rise to my defense! Contend for me, my God and Lord. —Psalm 35:22-23

Isaiah 6:7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

Hebrews 1:1-2
God’s Final Word: His Son

1 In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, 2 but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe.

Joshua 22:5 "Be very careful to keep the commandment and the law that Moses the servant of the LORD gave you: to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, to obey his commands, to hold fast to him and to serve him with all your heart and all your soul."

I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him. Psalm 62:1

Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7

2 Corinthians 2:14-17

But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task? Unlike so many, we do not peddle the word of God for profit. On the contrary, in Christ we speak before God with sincerity, as those sent from God.

1 Samuel 12:24 But be sure to fear the LORD and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things he has done for you.
Old 12-03-2015, 03:41 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 3

John 14:21 — "Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them."

For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves... Colossians 1:13

John 6:35 Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.

He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will never be shaken. Psalm 62:2

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17

Hosea 6:3 Let us acknowledge the LORD; let us press on to acknowledge him. As surely as the sun rises, he will appear; he will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth."

So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. - 1 Corinthians 15:58
Old 12-04-2015, 05:52 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 4

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.And do everything with love. - 1 Corinthians

You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. —Matthew 5:14

John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”

If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. John 15:
Old 12-05-2015, 08:13 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 5

Today’s Scripture: II Thessalonians 1:11 (NLT): So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do.

Today’s Thought: Our goal in life should be to live a holy life. In our strength this is impossible. We will mess up but He will give us the power to overcome. We are overcomers.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, I thank You that You have given us everything we need to overcome every situation in our lives. Help us to tap into that power. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

John 10:7 Therefore Jesus said again, “Very truly I tell you, I am the gate for the sheep.

Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. - Ephesians 6:13

1 Peter 1:8-9 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.

I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word.
Psalm 130:5

1 John 1:1-5

That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked at and our hands have touched—this we proclaim concerning the Word of life. The life appeared; we have seen it and testify to it, and we proclaim to you the eternal life, which was with the Father and has appeared to us. We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ. We write this to make our joy complete.

"I have set the LORD always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved." Psalms 16:8
Old 12-06-2015, 06:01 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 6

Today’s Scripture: II Thessalonians 1:12 (NLT): Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honored because of the way you live, and you will be honored along with him. This is all made possible because of the grace of our God and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Today’s Thought: As we live our lives in an upright manner our lives should point to one person, Jesus. Do you live your life in a way that everyone knows you are a Christian? If not, start today!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to live my life in a way that everything I do points to You. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it. - Hebrews 2:1

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." —John 8:12

John 10:14-15 - 14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

We put our hope in the Lord. He is our help and our shield. Psalm 33:20

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!

1 John 4:11-16

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us.

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in them and they in God. And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.

God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.

"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen." Revelation 22:21
Old 12-07-2015, 08:46 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 7

Isaiah 12:2 (NIV) Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid.

Thought: Find freedom. It's what God gave you.

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. - Psalm 91:1

Even in darkness light dawns for the upright, for the gracious and compassionate and righteous man. —Psalm 112:4

Deuteronomy 8:3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man live.

John 11:25 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die;

Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God's will. Then you will receive all that he has promised. Hebrews 10:36

Philippians 1:27-29

Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel without being frightened in any way by those who oppose you. This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved—and that by God. For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him,

Make every effort to live in peace with everyone and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord. Hebrews 12:14

"And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:21

Matthew 25:40 "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'
Old 12-08-2015, 06:50 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 8

Today’s Scripture: II Thessalonians 2:2 (NLT): Don’t be so easily shaken or alarmed by those who say that the day of the Lord has already begun. Don’t believe them, even if they claim to have had a spiritual vision, a revelation, or a letter supposedly from us.

Today’s Thought: Do not believe everything you hear or read especially on the internet. Take everything back to the Bible. If you cannot find it in the Bible most likely it’s not true. We need to be students of the Word so we do not fall and believe false teaching.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me not to believe everything I hear even though it might sound really good. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. —1 Peter 2:9

John 14:6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Matthew 5:6 "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled."

Search for the Lord and for his strength; continually seek him. 1 Chronicles 16:11

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 1 John 4:13

Titus 3:4-7 - 4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared, 5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit, 6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior, 7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:54 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 9

So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content. - 1 Timothy 6:8

John 14:27 — Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

The end result of the Holy Spirit's work in our lives is deep and lasting peace. Unlike worldly peace, which is usually defined as the absence of conflict, this peace is confident assurance in any circumstance; with Christ's peace, we have no need to fear the present or the future. If your life is full of stress, allow the Holy Spirit to fill you with peace.

Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God. —John 3:20-21

John 15:5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing.

Though they stumble, they will never fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand. Psalm 37:24

Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. Psalm 145:3
Old 12-10-2015, 05:26 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 10

A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person's strength. - Proverbs 17:22

2 Timothy 4:7-8 — I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day — and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Proverbs 5:7 Hear me now therefore, O ye children, and depart not from the words of my mouth.

So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless. 1 Corinthians 15:58

Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. Romans 10:17

John 1:1-3 - 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.
Post New ThreadReply