Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2023, 07:37 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - September 22

Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25:4-5

When we stand in the middle of a lifestorm, it seems as if the storm has become our way of life. We cannot see a way out. We are unable to chart a course back to smoother waters. We feel defeated--and broken. Will that broken-ness produce a cynicism that will keep us forever in the mire of "if only" thinking? Or will we yield up that brokenness to the resources of One who calms the winds and the waves, heals the brokenhearted, and forgives the most grievous of sins? The choice is ours. Verdell Davis

How we treat others in life’s small moments can be a big witness for Christ.

In many ways that are meaningful to us personally, Christ comes to each of us individually. Even when we cannot see him clearly or do not know who he is, Christ reminds us that he is the Son of God, and that he has been with us all along.

Only the Living Water can satisfy our soul's thirst.

Within each of us is a space that only God can fill.

God may not give exactly what we ask, but God will respond in love. The mystery and greatness of God are beyond our comprehension. Each day is God’s gift, with the best yet to come.

Whether we have one day or 10 years of life ahead with family and friends, God’s love will sustain us and bless us. Working in us, God “is able to accomplish abundantly far more than all we can ask or imagine.” I remind myself of this truth day by day.

LETTING GO
Sometimes it’s easy to surrender to Christ and other times it’s not. I love those easy days, but what about the ones where I don’t feel like surrendering? You know how it goes—where you’re like: “Yup, I know what’s the right thing to do, but to be honest, I just really don’t feel like doing it. Yeah, I know I’m in a bit of a mess making some wrong decisions and I know what I’m supposed to do, but I’m just kinda enjoying the mess I’m making at the moment.”
In moments like these this is the worst time to run from God, because did you know that he’s looking upon you with the hugest smile and love even in the midst of your junky choices? He actually loves when you draw near to him during these times of craziness!!! But here’s the kicker--which I’m sure you’ve heard before--so let’s “cliché it” for a moment: God loves you exactly the way you are right now, but he loves you WAY TOO MUCH to let you stay the same. So when you start to notice the nudge of God wanting to re-arrange the inner house’s furniture a bit (you’re the house; your ways of doing things is the furniture) let him in! Yes, God is a redeeming God--but also know this--before he wants to be known as a God that wants to cleanse and redeem you he wants to be known as a loving father who madly and passionately loves you, pursues you, thinks about you, and is incredibly & wildly enraptured by you.
Let’s get back quick to the conversation mentioned above where we’re in a position of enjoying junky choices. Personally, if it wasn’t for me FIRST knowing and having the out-of-this-world revelation of God’s passionate love for me, I probably wouldn’t really care about a God who was ONLY concerned about how pure and holy I was acting. I mean seriously, can you imagine having a parent who didn’t love you at all, but only talked to you or noticed you when you were doing something wrong in order to fix you?
Yeah, well God is not that parent. Is God a redeeming God who cleanses us of our sin by the power of the shed blood of Jesus? Yes and thank God. But just a sweet reminder that he’s looking at you with his love for you first and foremost before he is concerned with molding you into his image of beautiful righteousness. So, THIS is what helps me surrender to Christ and what he wants for me—knowing him, knowing his love. And when I deep down know this, it is all the more a pleasure to surrender to this almighty God who is beyond worthy of my love. If the greatest lover that ever existed wants my surrender, I’d be a fool not to give it to him. Yep, a love-sick, dearly beloved, child of God signing out now. Maggie Shunk
Scripture of the Day: “No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.” Romans 8: 37-39

THE SHADOW OF THE ALMIGHTY by Kathleen Ageton
Psalm 91:1 - He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will abide in the shadow of the Almighty. (NASB)
I live on Maui. It's beautiful and temperate most of the time. When the trade winds stop, however, it can become unbearably hot. If I'm on a hike or working outside, I long for shade. When the heat is on, I want, desperately, a shadow, to rest in. Wouldn't it be nice to have a good shadow with me always?
When the heat is on, when troubles present themselves, when trials scorch us, where do we go, what do we do? Where is our shelter? To whom or to where do we run? Our friends? Our spouse or boyfriend or girlfriend? That cold bottle of beer? Our job? Our home projects? That big bag of M&Ms? Computer games? The latest DVD? Intellectual pursuits? The spy novel? There are so many places where we can "dwell". Most "dwellings" are not inherently bad. We do need ways of relaxing; we do need connections with others. But can we consistently dwell in books or conversations or comforts? In my life, I've found that when I start turning to other people or things or habits, dwelling in them instead of immediately turning to the Most High, I'm comforted initially, but it wears off. The sun shifts and the shadow of comfort moves. But when I dwell in shelter of the Most High, He is so enormous, so all-encompassing, that I find rest for my soul.
How do we dwell in the shadow of the Almighty? We can dwell there by not turning our back on Him, by being mindful of the Lord and of His Word, by being in continuous relationship with Him. We are not visitors or guests who stay for a bit and then go on our way. We are part of the Lord's household.
Prayer:
Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.
Amen.
Thomas Chisholm

TUGGING ON THE LINE Author Unknown
A twelve-year-old boy accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Savior and Lord during a weekend revival meeting. The next week his school friends questioned him about the experience.
"Did you hear God talk?" one asked.
"No," the boy said.
"Did you have a vision?" another asked.
"No, the boy replied.
"Well, how did you know it was God?" a third friend asked.
The boy thought for a moment and then said, "It's like when you catch a fish. You can't see the fish or hear the fish; you just feel him tugging your line. I felt God tugging on my heart."
So often we try to figure out life by what we can see, hear, or experience with our other senses. We make calculated estimates and judgments based on empirical evidence. There's a level of truth, however, that cannot be perceived by the senses or measured objectively. It's at that level where faith abounds. It is our faith that compels us to believe, even when we cannot explain to others why or how or to what specific earthly end.
By our faith we only know in Whom we trust, and that is sufficient. Remember, it's really not the outlook but the uplook that counts.

THE POWER OF QUIET by Gwen Smith
Today’s Truth
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters; he restores my soul - (Psalm 23:1-3a, NIV).
Friend To Friend
There are times when laundry takes over my house. Piles build up, though I try to stay on top of them. Many of the clothes are clean and even folded, but not put away. That tricky put-away-part is always hard for me.
Then there are the socks. Oh, the socks! They burden me so! I’m half tempted to believe that a great sock nation exists,and that sock-soldiers are on a secret mission to destroy my testimony by driving me crazy. Divide and conquer. That’s what they do! Why can’t socks just behave? Why can’t they ever stay in pairs, and where am I supposed to put the socks that remain unmatched? (Insert dramatic sigh here…) Unmatched socks and folded-but-not- put-away-laundry tie me up in knots. I don’t like to admit it, but sometimes days go by before I make the time to put them away.
Is it just me?
I’ve come to realize that my days can be a lot like my laundry situation. At times they get piled up with “busy.” Sabbath gets squeezed out. Now, when I say Sabbath, I mean the priority of sitting before the Lord just to sit with Him … quietly … expectantly … to listen. Though I do include God in my days and breathe prayers throughout, when I don’t sit before the Lord – and exercise the spiritual discipline of being quiet before God – it seems that both old and new burdens can tie my heart into a frazzled knot.
It had been one of those weeks. Knots. Knots. Knots. Then I finally remembered the power of quiet. As I sat in the cool still of the morning with a hot mug of coffee in my hand and the warming presence of God in my soul, the burdens of my heart began to drift away. Direction came. Joy resounded. Mercy rained. Peace … deep peace fell.
It was when the companion of God’s Spirit had begun to transform my soul, my thoughts, my goals, and my day that I realized, as if I had slumbered half the week away … this is where they go. This is where my burdens belong. The old ones that I’ve written about time and time again in my prayer journal and the new ones that are just beginning to unravel from my heart. This is where they go! I just needed to put my continuous stream of life-burdens away like the unending piles of laundry. Then … order, soul order. Peace, compelling peace. Joy, divine joy. It all comes.
I sat in wonder. Still. In His presence. Convicted of my failure to remember the power of being quiet before the Lord. “Of course this is where they go. I knew that. I knew that. Lord, forgive me. Oh, how I’m thankful for your daily mercy showers.”
Jesus tells all who believe that we should go to Him. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28-30).
When our lives get too busy … when the laundry piles up in our homes and the burdens pile up in our hearts, we often forget the power of quiet. The power of being still before God. The power of listening, expecting, soul-pouring … receiving rest. His presence sorts souls and never leaves an unmatched burden. His presence never leaves and un-lifted burden. Hallelujah! What a Savior!
Take some time to power-down and be still before Him right now. Remember the power of quiet as you exchange your burdens for His peace.
Let’s Pray
Dear Lord, Your mercy is fresh each day, and Your grace piles higher than all my laundry and all my heart-woes. Thank You, Lord! I’m here. Please align my heart to Yours. Quiet me with Your love, direction, and peace today. In Jesus’ Name I pray, Amen.
Now it’s Your Turn
When is the last time you sat and were still before God – with no music playing, no TV on, etc.?

His Listening Heart by Kristi Huseby
“I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!” (Psalm 116:1-2)
When one of my sons was little he had an endearing habit of grabbing my face. He did this so that I would look at him while he was talking. I confess that as a busy mom I was often distracted and found myself half-listening to my talkative son. This was his way of grabbing my attention and ensuring that I was focused on him.
Even at such a young age, my son had a deep need to be heard and understood. He had such a strong desire to be loved and valued for who he was. This same desire can be said of every human being on this planet. We all have an innate yearning deep in our soul to be heard and understood. Just like my son we all want to be loved and valued for who we are.
Have you ever been talking on the phone with a friend and you get the sense that they might not really be listening to you? It can be devastating to bear your soul, only to discover later in the conversation that they haven’t even heard a word you’ve said. To be misunderstood or not valued is a wound that can hit to the core. At times it can be extremely difficult to handle.
Do you ever secretly wonder if God is the same way? He’s got so much on His mind doesn’t He? Everyone else is demanding His attention too so, how could He ever have time to listen to your concerns? Does He really have the time to stop, bend down and listen to you?
Well if we want an honest answer to these questions, we need not look any farther than Psalm 116. Here it says, “I love the Lord because he hears my voice and my prayer for mercy. Because he bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath (1-2)!” This is God in relationship with us! He is drawing close, bending down, listening intently and loving fully. Isn’t this the kind of God we’ve been searching for?
Just as a child longs to have his parent’s undivided attention, our heart longs for God’s ever-attentive love. He made us this way. He put within us this longing. But so often we go away from Him and not towards Him. We ignore the need of our heart and turn to other things to satisfy the deep longing of our soul. Then because these things never completely satisfy us we get disillusioned in our faith. We start to wonder if God even cares and question whether He is really listening or not.
But amazingly He is listening and He is waiting for us to turn to Him. And when we finally do He bends down and gently takes our face in His hands, wipes the tears from our eyes and says, “I’m listening, my child, what do need to tell me?”
Heavenly Father, You are here and You are near. No matter what I may be feeling right now, I just want to picture You gently cupping my face in Your hands and saying, “I’m listening, my child, what do you need to tell me?” Lord, I believe that you are ever with me and that You fully understand me even when others misunderstand me. I pray that You would heal my heart from any wounds that I have accumulated in hard relationships. Father, Thank-You that You are the source of my life and that with You I get to live it to the full. Thank-you for your goodness and Your sweet mercy. In Jesus Name I pray, Amen
Questions: Is there anything that you need to talk to the Lord about? Do you need to believe that He truly cares for you and that He bends down to listen to your cries?

Goodbye and Hello by Barbara Alpert
“Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord.” (Acts 3:19)
We all experience times in our lives when we must say “goodbye” to someone or something that we cherish. Saying farewell to a loved one, a long-term relationship, or anything we have grown to love can be difficult. The tearing apart produces excruciating pain and often leaves an aching void. However, when handled properly, over time we heal, move on, and look forward to saying hello to new people, opportunities, and a brighter future.
The same takes place when God begins to deal with certain sins in our lives. By the working of His indwelling Spirit, He begins to reveal what areas of sin, weakness, and encumbrances we need to depart from. All that is required is that we say goodbye to the sin that so easily entangles us. Then we will be able to say hello to the refreshing times and blessings God offers for such obedience.
It may sound easy, but for many it is not. Saying “good-bye” to a long-term relationship with an addiction or a sinful habit can be an excruciating challenge. It’s like a tug-a-war is taking place between our flesh and God’s disciplining hand. Believe me, it is not worth the suffering, guilt, and shame to continue battling with something that God wants us to stop doing. Thankfully, if we are truly sincere in our repentance, the Holy Spirit will help us overcome anything that is not good for our bodies, relationships, and walk with God.
If God has been dealing with you about giving up a certain thing, I dare you to go outside and bury it. Say “goodbye” for the last time as you cover it with dirt. Prepare yourself ahead of time for the spiritual battle that will take place! Make a mental note that when the temptation to go back to this sin arises the only way you will bow down to it is by going outside and digging it out of its grave.
When your flesh begins to have a fit, ask God’s Holy Spirit to empower you to stand your ground. Confess out load, “The Holy Spirit enables me to overcome all temptations. I am more than a conqueror through Christ who loves me. He who began a good work in me will carry it to completion.” Write these verses on a note card so you can easily recite them aloud. Not only will you be defeating the enemy, you will be memorizing scripture as well.
Each day that you overcome your fleshly desires, you are exercising self-control, a fruit of the Holy Spirit. The Lord promises that times of refreshing will come as you continually remain close to Him and say no to sin and weaknesses of the flesh. Dump it all and allow God to pour blessings into your life. Make the devil mad and God glad. Say goodbye to sin and hello to God’s blessings.
Heavenly Father, I repent of my sins and ask for Your forgiveness. Holy Spirit empower me to overcome all temptations that seek to destroy me. I desire to be set free to become the new person Christ died on the cross for. I confess that my old life is gone, and new life has begun! In Jesus name I pray, Amen
Question: Is there an area of weakness that you have been trying to overcome? Do you think you will take the challenge to go outside and bury it?

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
When your focus is narrowed so that you obsess over things that are not going your way or working the way you desire, you lose perspective and vision. Refuse to concentrate on your worries and woes and do not allow you heart to be hardened to the point of being ungrateful. You can choose to maintain a positive outlook, which will improve your disposition and mental health, says the Lord. Do not despair. Psalms 107:21 Oh, that men would give thanks to the LORD for His goodness, and for His wonderful works to the children of men!

In a vision I saw someone shoot an arrow from a longbow. The target was a long ways away, like perhaps the distance of the length of a football field. I could see the arrow moving towards the target and then it dropped in elevation, but regained altitude and hit the bullseye. The Lord showed me that the archer represented both the prophet and the person who has a long-term goal. The arrow is the Word. This is what He said: "Even when it looks like you are going to fall short of the Word, or of your goal and intentions, there will be supernatural help to carry you to your destination. Do not be afraid when it looks like you will not make it. I am with you to bring My word and your work to completion." Philippians 1:6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.

The recent disturbance in your life is nothing more than a hiccup in the overall scheme of things. Do not give it more power than it deserves by obsessing over details. You must realize that I am expanding your spiritual discernment, which will also manifest in your natural awareness. Put your trust in Me for the long haul, for this is momentary light affliction, says the Lord. Refuse to become distraught. 2 Corinthians 4:17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory, while we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal.

The Lord says: “I am drawing a line of demarcation that will create a boundary of separation between the past and the present. I will establish a line between righteousness and ungodliness or worldliness so that some of the things you used to do, say or think will not be tolerated and will now violate your conscience or stunt your spiritual growth.
“I am calling you, My people, to come out of Mystery Babylon, that place of hypocritical religious exercise, and do not touch what is unclean.”
2 Corinthians 6:16-17 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said: "I will dwell in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they shall be My people." Therefore "Come out from among them and be separate, says the Lord. Do not touch what is unclean, and I will receive you."
“You will be called ‘Holiness to the Lord.’ This will be your name.”
Jeremiah 2:3 Israel was holiness to the LORD, The firstfruits of His increase. All that devour him will offend; Disaster will come upon them," says the LORD.’"
“I will strengthen you and cause your faith to grow. This will happen as you see My supernatural work, which will be undeniable. You will no longer speak lies of doubt and unbelief about what I will or will not do, nor will you bring reproach on My kingdom.
“This is a time to advance and not retreat; to go forward and not fall back. Rise up to your full potential and be a force to be reckoned with as I move with power through you to demonstrate My will.
“There is a call going out across the land to awaken those who are asleep spiritually. There are multitudes who have been lulled to sleep. Many have been turning in your slumber without coming fully awake to your spiritual potential.”
Romans 13:11-12 And do this, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation is nearer than when we first believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand. Therefore let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armor of light.
Ephesians 5:14 Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
“Come forth out of the darkness of your soul. The times require sensitivity to your spiritual atmosphere and environment. No longer allow the enemy access or a place to rule in your circumstances. Let Me establish you in light and truth in all things.
“I am expanding your discernment to see and understand with greater clarity as you go to war against enemy forces. You are a shining light in the midst of deep darkness. As you seek greater spiritual insights, the mysteries of the kingdom will set your heart ablaze with excitement and wonder.”
Proverbs 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, But the glory of kings is to search out a matter.
“Your effectiveness in working out and expressing kingdom purpose in the past will pale in comparison to what you will do in the days ahead. There will be an exponential increase in knowledge, wisdom and revelation as you move with more confidence to accomplish My objectives,” says the LORD.

The will of My people is being contended for, says the Lord. The enemy has sent a strong delusion against the Body of Christ to make poor choices and to cause individuals to stand stubbornly by their decisions, right or wrong. Standing by wrong decisions will weaken the resolve of My Church to yield to divine government. But, I tell you the truth, I will have a glorious Church without spot or blemish. Ephesians 5:25b-27 Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish.

Hear and receive My word to you. Position yourself to accept correction so that you can prosper in My kingdom. Be done with doing what satisfies your own desires, and dedicate your time and resources to My purposes, says the Lord. Come out of My permissive will and step into My perfect and divine will, for the plans that I have for you require your faithfulness in what I have given you to do and be. You cannot serve Me and continue to do your own thing to fulfill your own desires. I run a tight ship; My kingdom is a well-organized and disciplined government that requires total submission. Habakkuk 2:1 I will stand my watch and set myself on the rampart, and watch to see what He will say to me, and what I will answer when I am corrected.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
In this season, says the Lord, I will astonish you. For, I am about to demonstrate the power of My kingdom in your lives. And, as you rise up and say, "Here I am, Lord, come to me", indeed I shall visit you from on high and the manifestation of My gifts shall begin to unveil themselves in your life. The results will be a quickened faith, a faith that brings you higher into the kingdom, a faith that compels you to live under My divine rule and challenges you to come boldly before My throne of grace. Get ready for that which I am about to do. Position yourself to step fully into this new season. For, it shall be even as the trumpets have declared that the glory of My kingdom and the fire and the power of My Spirit will now come to you and come upon you.

JUST CALL UPON HIM Author Unknown
The boy walked along the ocean shore . . . trying not to stray.
He looked up to his father saying, "Dad, I want to play."
His father looked upon him, with love showing in his eyes.
"Do what you want to, my son . . . but do not leave my side."
"I would never leave you Daddy, I love you way too much."
But the boy took a step away, out of his father's range of touch.
He walked through the surf, the waves tickling one toe.
"If I take one more step in . . ." he thought, "Father will never know."
His father called out to him, "Son, to me remain true!"
The boy thought with glee . . . "At the moment I don't need you!"
His father felt a sadness, but he held his tongue.
Sometimes lessons need to be learned . . . even when so young.
The boy stepped out a little further . . . the water covering his waist.
His father spoke with urgency . . . his father spoke with haste.
"My son, come back to me," he said, "The day is almost done!"
"Not yet, Dad," the boy yelled, "I'm having too much fun!"
But the boy did not have his father's insight . . . so he could not yet tell,
The tide was coming in fast . . . there would be no time to yell.
"Father!" he tried to scream, as the water covered his head.
"I need you now, Daddy!" was what the boy had said.
And in a single instant his father was by his side.
"I thought you left me, Daddy . . . I thought you went to hide."
The father looked upon his son . . . a tear streaming down his cheek.
The boy looked upon his father . . . and cried the sobs of the meek.
"I would never leave you son . . . for I love you just the same."
"I was only waiting . . . for you to call upon my name."

God Will Not Fail You by Roy Lessin
When you walk through a dark valley,
No fear shall grip your soul.
When you’re climbing a steep mountain,
His hand will not let go.
When you’re waiting for an answer
To a prayer in Jesus’ name,
It will soon be granted to you;
You won’t be brought to shame
There’s not a promise He’s ever broken.
Nothing’s failed that He has said.
He will not forsake you;
Like the sparrow you’ll be fed.
God will not fail you;
He will not leave you alone.
God will not fail you;
He does not forsake His own.
When in a time of suffering
You’re seeking for His touch,
His presence will not turn away;
He loves you much too much.
When the pain of a great trial
Seems to tear your heart in two,
His arms reach out with mercy
To sustain and comfort you.
There’s not a promise He’s ever broken.
Nothing’s failed that He has said.
He will not forsake you;
Like the sparrow you’ll be fed.
God will not fail you;
He will not leave you alone.
God will not fail you;
He does not forsake His own.

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal among you, which comes upon you for your testing, as though some strange thing were happening to you; but to the degree that you share the sufferings of Christ, keep on rejoicing, so that also at the revelation of His glory you may rejoice with exultation. If you are reviled for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests on you. 1 Peter 4:12-14

"Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." James 4:7-10

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

"let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:22-23

Let each of you look not to your own interests, but to the interests of others. Philippians 2:4

As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. Psalm 42:1

Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. Isaiah 41:10

I'LL BE BACK By Charles L. Paddock
When the great explorer Shackleton was on his quest for the South Pole, he was at one time driven back, and was compelled to leave some of his men on Elephant Island, though he promised that he would return for them.
But when he endeavored to get back, he found a sea of ice between him and the island. What should he do? He had promised, and he must keep his word.
He tried to reach them, but failed. He tried again and again, but without success. Beyond the ice were his trusting companions, who had every confidence in him. They had only a few supplies with them. At that time of the year it seemed folly to hope for any favorable change in the weather, and he was told that there was absolutely no hope of getting his little boat, the "Yalcho," through the great ice barrier to Elephant Island.
He could not be inactive. He must reach his men; so at the risk of losing his boat and the lives of his crew, he pushed in nearer to the island; and unexpectedly there came an opening in the ice. He hurried in, rescued his men, and in an hour was back again with all on board. Had they been delayed only a few minutes, their frail vessel would have been destroyed by the crashing of the ice as it closed in.
When they were sure they were beyond danger and the nervous tension was over, Shackleton said to one of the rescued companions, "Well, you were packed and ready, weren't you?" "Yes," came back the reply, "we never lost hope. We believed you would come for us, even though circumstances were unfavorable. You had promised, and we expected you; so each morning we rolled up our sleeping bags and packed all our equipment, that we might be ready." And now they were all safe and homeward bound, happy that they had been prepared daily.
Before Jesus departed from this world, He left a definite promise in John 14:1-4: "'Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. You know the way to the place where I am going.'" (NIV)
The Lord is not slack concerning His promises. Make sure you're ready.

Dear God of compassion, You are always ready to help us. Slow us down so we can listen to you, thank you, and praise you. Help us to see the needs of those around us and serve them with a joyful heart. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Ezekiel 37
1 The hand of the Lord was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones, 2 And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry. 3 And he said unto me, Son of man, can these bones live? And I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest. 4 Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord. 5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live: 6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord. 7 So I prophesied as I was commanded: and as I prophesied, there was a noise, and behold a shaking, and the bones came together, bone to his bone. 8 And when I beheld, lo, the sinews and the flesh came up upon them, and the skin covered them above: but there was no breath in them. 9 Then said he unto me, Prophesy unto the wind, prophesy, son of man, and say to the wind, Thus saith the Lord God; Come from the four winds, O breath, and breathe upon these slain, that they may live. 10 So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet, an exceeding great army. 11 Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 12 Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13 And ye shall know that I am the Lord, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord. 15 The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying, 16 Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions: 17 And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand. 18 And when the children of thy people shall speak unto thee, saying, Wilt thou not shew us what thou meanest by these? 19 Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand. 20 And the sticks whereon thou writest shall be in thine hand before their eyes. 21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all. 23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God. 24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them. 25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever. 26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore. 27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people. 28 And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Dear God, Open our eyes to see you this day. You are powerful! You lift us out of the darkness with your mighty hand, and we are very grateful. We thank you for the gift of your word. Help those who are deprived of necessities to experience your love. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: https://bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply