Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2014, 12:02 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 1/17

When we show up, God is already there.

When we begin to know God, we find a love that already knows everything about us. Everything. The deepest, most hidden, most awful thing that we've ever done, thought or said, God already knows. And when we touch that love, we transcend our littleness and we begin to step into that greatness that's always in us. It doesn't happen overnight. It's a practice and a process. --Mary Manin Morrissey

Some flowers grow best in the sun; others do well in the shade. God plants us where we grow best. --Unknown

The same life-force that grows an oak from an acorn, a mountain from the earth's molten core, a stream from the spring thaw, a child from an egg and a sperm, an idea from the mind of a human being, is present in all things, all thoughts and all experiences. There is no place where God is not. --Joan Borysenko

"I am healthy, prosperous, happy and in love with life my world is wonderful, awesome, fantastic and joyful. I want for nothing for I have everything I need and desire. I walk in the light of God's love and I share the blessings of this love with everyone and everything my life touches. It is so and I give thanks." --Author Unknown

Our strength is not sufficient, but God's strength is.

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

NEW BEGINNINGS by Russ Lawson
One of the problems with the end of the old year and the beginning of a new one is that I stop and contemplate the old year's happenings. I tend to review the months and think of all of the things that I mishandled, left undone and should have thought more about before jumping into. I don't think I am that much different than most folks. I think we all do a certain amount of looking back. There is nothing wrong with that, it gives us a chance to take note of things we need to do differently or areas in which we need to grow.
With the start of a new year God has given us a chance for new beginnings. In one of our favorite stories, Anne of Avonlea the character at one point says, "Every day is brand new, with no mistakes." I believe there is a lot of truth to that saying!
Reflection and contemplation also gives you a chance to remember some of the things you did well. I have to admit that I am on a crusade to encourage people to get to know God better in 2014. I firmly believe that the only way to get to know him better is to listen to him speak, in other words, read your bible. As I look back at the past year, one of the things for which I am thankful, is that I once again read through the bible. My wife and I encourage each other to read God's word daily. I don't know how may years we have been reading through the bible each year, but I know we have read through it more than 20 times.
Some might read that sentence and think, "I would get bored doing that." Do you know what is amazing? It is that every time we read through the bible, we learn new things! Every time you read it you are at a different place in your life, you have dealt with different struggles, you have grown in different ways and you have come to a different level of spirituality. Often we will do our bible reading and comment to one another about some new insight we have just come upon.
So, if you want to set some goals or perhaps a New Year's Resolution, let me suggest that you choose reading your bible every day, read it completely through this coming year. There are many daily reading plans available online or at your local Christian book store. Quite possibly your minister or church secretary will have one available to you. My wife and I use "The Daily Bible, in Chronological order," printed by Harvest House, but there are a large variety of Daily Bible's available, just look around for them.
Whatever it takes, whatever you need to use to help you in reading your bible, use it!
2014 is about new beginnings, why don't you challenge yourself to join with our family in letting God speak to you through his word! A changed world begins with you changing and you can only change when you let God change you. As David wrote in Psalm 1:1-3, "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the wicked, nor stands in the way of sinners, nor sits in the seat of scoffers; but his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water, that yields its fruit in its season, and its leaf does not wither. In all that he does, he prospers."
May our God bless you and keep you in the coming year of new beginnings!

A Simple Formula for Prayer by Tom
During the last few weeks when there is much talk about making New Year’s Resolutions about losing weight, getting healthier, exercising, reading the Bible regularly, and praying more and being overwhelmed with suggestions and techniques and plans for doing each, through his relationship with the Lord, David gives us a simple formula for prayer.
In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly. (Psalm 5:3, NIV)
Reading the rest of the Psalm reveals his understanding of the kind of heart needed to have God ’s ear: honest, righteous and humble. Convinced that he has that kind of heart, or at least is attempting to have that kind of heart, he calls out to God. Confident that the Lord is listening he simply prays.
In the morning I lay my requests before you. Pray in the morning. Obviously you can pray anytime and anywhere, but David takes his requests to the Lord in the morning. Why is that a good idea? In the morning things are fresh on our minds, and our minds are usually clearer. In the morning, chances are we have not gotten bombarded with tasks of the day. In the morning, leaves the impression that this is a priority. “Before I get started into the events and responsibilities of my day, I pray. I lay my requests before you.
In the morning I lay my requests before you. My requests. There does nots seem to be a limit or any specifications on what these requests need to be. David simply says, “My requests.” I suppose that can be anything. Dreams I have. Plans I am making. Hopes for the day, week, month, the coming year, the rest of my life. Concerns I have for myself, my loved ones. Health issues. Financial issues. Certainly spiritual issues. I lay them before you. I give them to you. I leave them with you.
And wait expectantly. Uh-oh! You knew there had to be a catch didn’t you? Wait. You mean my requests will not be granted immediately? Some times, but not always. Some times we wait. Some times we wait and we wait and we continue to wait. But, we wait expectantly. We wait with hope. We wait with our eyes wide open to see how God responds to our requests. We lay our request before the Lord and wait expecting Him to act.
So, here is a suggestion for praying (even if and especially if you have already abandoned your resolution to pray more). Take a few minutes in the morning to approach the Lord and say, “Lord, here is my list of requests for the day.” Leave them there. Lay them down. Give them to Him. Wait expectantly for God to act. Then, watch God work.
This is a simple formula. A simple plan that just may enhance your spiritual walk, increase your faith, and draw you closer to the Lord. I hope you will give it try.

Wisdom and Direction by Sally I. Kennedy
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. James 1:5
You do not have because you do not ask God. You don't have what you want because you don't ask God for it. James 4:2
With us, it is 'pink-blue'. When my husband wants to go shopping, oh wait, he never wants
to go shopping. But when he does go shopping,
he knows what he wants before he leaves the house. He goes to the store, 'shoots it, bags it, and brings it home'. End of trip, mission accomplished.
When I go shopping, however, I like to look at everything. I may know what I want before I leave the house, but I have to look at all the
choices, all the options, see if I'm choosing what I really like best, is the best bargain, the best color, etc.
When it comes to other things I like to review all the options before making a decision. Last year I had an opportunity for a choice in a
career change. I read all kinds of advice in self help books, I asked my friends, got all sorts of varied opinions. And I became confused.
I simply didn't know what to do. I was sitting on everything, with options continually flipping over and over in my mind. It was frustrating. And then a light bulb went off in my head, an 'Aha'
moment.
As I was listening to audio Bible verses, my ears perked up as Psalm 25 was read: "Show me
your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you
all day long."
Revelation began to come. The muddled thinking cleared. As I moved onto a path carved out for me, I had the peace of the Holy Spirit.
Honestly, I certainly knew to go to God with my situation. But in truth, I was checking out every other wisdom avenue. It was like sitting in a
rocking chair, thinking I'm going somewhere, but I haven't moved at all. I am thankful for the comforting Bible verse in James 1, which says
the Lord will give wisdom generously to us. Pretty awesome.
And it's Good News!

One Foot In by Sally I. Kennedy
If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do. James 1:5-8
The wild cat, who kinda calls our back yard his home base, slunk up to the birdbath ever so cautiously. He had one foot through the fence, then got the other through. There he was, straddling the fence so to speak.
He couldn't quite reach the water. For a few moments he was stuck and couldn't go either way. He never did get a drink, either, though he was able to wiggle back out.
The cat could have easily gotten to the water if he had gone around to the other side of the fence. Then with all four feet planted he would have been able to reach and had a drink from the birdbath.
One foot in and one foot out. Straddling the fence. Fence sitting. As I watched the animal, I was reminded of the book of James where it speaks of being double minded. At first I thought the passage sounded pretty harsh, but fence-sitting doesn't get us anywhere but stuck.
With one foot in the world, and one in the Kingdom, it can be the double-minded thing. I haven't gotten this one down yet, but that's part of the journey, and something I continue to try to be more consistent with.
Thank you, Lord, for your help in growing us into having both feet firmly planted, instead of 'one foot in'.

Overly Stretched and Stressed by Sally I. Kennedy
For you have been my refuge, a strong tower...I long to ..take refuge in the shelter of your wings. Psalm 61:2-4
The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10
The young owl was venturing out on his own, enjoying the sunshine and soft breeze. He sat stock still in the marked off spot for an endangered species. I couldn't quite get the photo I was after.
Slowly I tiptoed closer, full camera lens magnification on. His tiny head swiveled around checking out possible approaching danger. Just as I zoomed in the baby ground owl disappeared from view. I was too close for comfort, and that bird was scared and stressed.
Leaning in, I cautiously put my face near the eight inch poly pope to see - no the baby ground owl, but his not-at-all-happy mother. Her head was all fluffed up nearly filling the space, totally protecting her young one somewhere behind her. She looked intimidating enough that I dared not step any closer.
I snapped this picture of the mom 'on guard'; and thought how this scenario was a reminder that when I'm feeling overly stretched and stressed, it's good to remember where to go. I can run to our strong tower, our Father God. He is waiting, arms stretched out wide, to shield and protect us.
That's good news.

White as Snow by David Langerfeld
Looking outside my window at the gently-falling snow, I am reminded of the time I visited some friends in Clearview, Alberta, Canada. During the night, a beautiful snowfall had blanketed the entire area. In the early morning hours, as I ate breakfast and looked outside the window, everything I saw was pure white. The snow had covered everything with its beauty.
In the midst of that beautiful white snow, I saw something moving. It was dirty, and dingy, and filthy. As it approached me, I soon realized that the dirty-looking animal was actually the family pet - a white poodle. In the house, that poodle looked so white and so pure. But against the background of the fresh, fallen snow, that same poodle looked dirty and unclean.
It reminded me of the way God sees us and the way we tend to see ourselves. When we compare our lives to someone else's life, we look "pretty good" and "pretty clean". Our sins don't look that bad - in fact, they don't look "black" at all, they're only a "dull grey". But when we compare our "holiness" to God's holiness, we soon realize like Isaiah, that our "righteousness is as filthy rags". (Isaiah 64:6)
Like the white poodle who looked so white in the house, but so dirty against the new snow, our lives can look "good" to the world and to the people around us, but look "dirty" when we compare our lives to the holiness and the purity of God. Here's the good news... 1 John 1:9 reminds us that "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just, to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness".
Forgiven - Cleansed - Pure - Holy. When we confess our sins, that's the way God looks at us. The same snow that reminds us of our unrighteousness can remind us of our right-standing in God's presence when we place our faith and trust in Jesus Christ and confess our sins. The Bible says it this way, "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow" (Isaiah 1:18)
As you watch the snow fall, remember and claim that promise, "Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow" (Isaiah 1:18)

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved, I am rearranging certain aspects of your life and being for the purpose of causing you to be more effective naturally and spiritually. You can think of this process of ironing out the wrinkles or of making rough places smoother. You might not like this process, but it will be of great advantage to you when it has been completed, says the Lord. Let me have My way and stay in the flow of My Spirit. Luke 3:5 Every valley shall be filled and every mountain and hill brought low; the crooked places shall be made straight and the rough ways smooth.

I have prepared an elevated place for you in the realm of the Spirit, but before you can move up, you have to recognize and deal with what is holding you back. If you are willing, I will show you the proverbial elephant in the room--that thing that keeps you bound and unable to realize your potential. Get ready for breakthrough, and do not be afraid, says the Lord. Psalms 51:6 Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts, and in the hidden part You will make me to know wisdom.

In a vision I saw a path in a forest. Part of the path was lit by the sun shining through the tree branches, but most of it was shrouded in darkness and obscured as it meandered through dense vegetation. And, I heard the Lord say: This path represents where you are going both naturally and spiritually. You will not be able to look very far ahead, but as you stay present with Me the path will be clear enough, and I will take you every step of the way in safety. Trust Me to lead you with clarity. Proverbs 3:6 In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.

Beloved, do not limit yourself. You are able to do far more than you ever thought you could, but you must first believe that you can accomplish all that I have set before you. I would have you get at the root of every limitation, and isolate the foundation of the lie that has created unbelief. This is most certainly a work of the enemy against your soul to keep you from divine potential, says the Lord. Break out and break forth! Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Refuse to allow discouragement to undermine your sense of well-being and effective life experience. Stay balanced by not giving your emotional reactions too much weight or attention. In your evaluation, there are steps you can take to improve your current situation, but there are also things that are beyond your control. Do what you can and trust Me with the rest, says the Lord. Luke 18:27 But He said, "The things which are impossible with men are possible with God."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Have you heard? I will reveal things to you, My church, so that you can prosper. I will reveal the things that I am going to do so you can come on that path with Me. I will reveal the hidden mysteries and those treasures that have been hidden in darkness--things that help you grow. Trust Me more than you ever have before so that you can go on this journey with Me, for I do not plan to go alone. I am taking My chosen with Me on this great adventure. Come and see. Come and mount up. Come and take the ride I have prepared. Walk the path that I have designed for you, and see that which I will show you in the glory of this season. It will forever change you, says the Lord.

God's Creation by Joyce C. Lock
However God created you,
He didn't make a mistake.
Adding gifts and talents,
Passion is His to create.
Out of our weakness,
His strength is ours to take...
Multiplying His precious seed,
All for the Kingdom's sake.

I'm Counting My Blessings by Sharlett Hunt
I know I've been blessed,
But why, I can't say,
Good things just keep happening
In my life today!
I looked up and asked Him,
Now, how can this be,
That all this is given to someone like me?
The spring of my life,
Overflowing with gladness,
Burst forth from a pit
Full of darkness and sadness.
My eyes, like a lamp,
>From my soul you can see,
All the miracles of life,
That are happening to me!
I'm counting my blessings,
And, just for today,
I know that God loves me
And wants it this way!

Without wood a fire goes out; without gossip a quarrel dies down. Proverbs 26:20

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. 2 Peter 3:9

I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Philippians 4:10-13

Yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. 1 Corinthians 8:6

The psalmist wrote, "I am poor and needy; hasten to me, O God! You are my help and my deliverer; O LORD, do not delay!" Psalm 70:5

Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. James 4:8

Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed. As obedient children, do not conform to the evil desires you had when you lived in ignorance. But just as he who called you is holy, so be holy in all you do; for it is written: "Be holy, because I am holy." 1 Peter 1:13-16

Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! "Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?" "Who has ever given to God, that God should repay him?" For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen. Romans 11:33-36

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation and grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me. Psalm 51:10-12

Details by Sally I. Kennedy
And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:30,31
While I was talking with someone the other day she mentioned something going on in her life. I asked if she'd prayed about it. She replied no, she didn't think God was concerned about something like that. She went on to say she prays about the important things but not anything as small as this. I could identify with this thinking, and at one time my thinking was....after all, God has a lot to do all the time!
Then one day I happened to be visiting a church. After the worship service the pastor asked if anyone would like to come up for prayer. Several people did. Clearly some had physical ailments; others may have had financial, family, or work situations where they were seeking God's help. One woman had a cold, and she went right up for prayer along with the others. The pastors and prayer team prayed for each person that came, including the woman with the sniffles. No prayer request was too large, or too small.
There is nothing under the sun that is not important to God. All we have to do is look at our solar system, the starry universe, how a baby is perfectly put together before birth, the cell structure in our bodies, right down to a perfectly and intricately made bumble bee in a minutely detailed single flower.
He is most definitely and assuredly in details. And He is totally interested in the details of our lives. The Word of the Lord is truth, and it says that even the hairs of our head are numbered by God. He knows every single solitary detail about us. He IS interested and involved in our lives.
No prayer request is too small for Him. He already knows what is in our hearts and minds, and longs for us to come to Him, our Heavenly Father, to ask and to talk things over. Through the Holy Spirit, we can come to Him, trusting and believing.
What an awesome and amazing God we have, that He would be interested in every detail concerning us. So "give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you." (1 Peter 5:7) How wonderful we serve a God of details.
That is good news.

Help us, Lord, when we pray, to rest with you in silence and to give you the opportunity to reveal yourself. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 5
1 So all the work that Solomon had done for the house of the Lord was finished; and Solomon brought in the things which his father David had dedicated: the silver and the gold and all the furnishings. And he put them in the treasuries of the house of God.
The Ark Brought into the Temple
2 Now Solomon assembled the elders of Israel and all the heads of the tribes, the chief fathers of the children of Israel, in Jerusalem, that they might bring the ark of the covenant of the Lord up from the City of David, which is Zion. 3 Therefore all the men of Israel assembled with the king at the feast, which was in the seventh month. 4 So all the elders of Israel came, and the Levites took up the ark. 5 Then they brought up the ark, the tabernacle of meeting, and all the holy furnishings that were in the tabernacle. The priests and the Levites brought them up. 6 Also King Solomon, and all the congregation of Israel who were assembled with him before the ark, were sacrificing sheep and oxen that could not be counted or numbered for multitude. 7 Then the priests brought in the ark of the covenant of the Lord to its place, into the inner sanctuary of the temple, to the Most Holy Place, under the wings of the cherubim. 8 For the cherubim spread their wings over the place of the ark, and the cherubim overshadowed the ark and its poles. 9 The poles extended so that the ends of the poles of the ark could be seen from the holy place, in front of the inner sanctuary; but they could not be seen from outside. And they are there to this day. 10 Nothing was in the ark except the two tablets which Moses put there at Horeb, when the Lord made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they had come out of Egypt. 11 And it came to pass when the priests came out of the Most Holy Place (for all the priests who were present had sanctified themselves, without keeping to their divisions), 12 and the Levites who were the singers, all those of Asaph and Heman and Jeduthun, with their sons and their brethren, stood at the east end of the altar, clothed in white linen, having cymbals, stringed instruments and harps, and with them one hundred and twenty priests sounding with trumpets— 13 indeed it came to pass, when the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the Lord, and when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals and instruments of music, and praised the Lord, saying: “For He is good, For His mercy endures forever,” that the house, the house of the Lord, was filled with a cloud, 14 so that the priests could not continue ministering because of the cloud; for the glory of the Lord filled the house of God.

Dear heavenly Father, we know you are always there for us. Help us to recognize your love and care as it comes in the servant hands of those whom you send. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply