Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Spiritual Recovery

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-16-2014, 03:39 AM   #1
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default God Didn`t Do It

Quote:
Pocket Sponsor - Book - Quote

God didn't do it!

God doesn't do anything to me, but always through me.
That is something I ask for daily, to be a channel that God may work through me instead of having to work around me or others.

For so many years, it was look what you did! It got to a stage in my life, I always replied, "The Devil made me do it!" Hogwash!

For one thing, as much as people said it was wrong, it was there opinion and I had to stop taking I personal. I don't think I will ever forget my mother saying, "Look at what you made me do, it is all your fault." I don't even remember the incident, just remember the words. Don't know what she did or I did, but apparently I did it and I was responsible for the whole mess.

I firmly believe that God DOES NOT TEST US! We test God. Yes life happens, and things are put in front of us, I don't see it as a test, so much as Him allowing me freedom of choice.

It can be a test of faith, yet every day is that. He doesn't do something that will hurt me and His Goal to 'Get' me and only me and I am so hard done by and why is this happening to me. I made choices that brought me to where I am in today.

So many times we are victim of other people's choices. So we have to learn to accept it, or we can choose to become a victim and play the martyr, which I have done far too many times.

My God doesn't grab me by the scuff of the neck and say "Don't!" Yet if I go to the quiet, and sit in the stillness, the good orderly direction is there. It is up to me as to whether I listen to it or turn away. If I go quietly through my day, my God is with me and I know He cares for me, He isn`t out to get me.

So many people blame God for the state of the world. The people of the world made choices, in most cases, to ignore God and disclaim His existence. What a wonderful world this would be if everyone just made their space, the best space it can be, just for today.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply