Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-26-2013, 10:00 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Let’s get to know Jesus a little better

YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION

We never know God the way He knows us. God is so wise and complex, we could never figure Him out completely. Yet, He makes Himself known to us by sending Jesus Christ, His representative. He made us, breathed life into us, and planned wonderful lives for us. He sees all, but we see only in part. That’s what the Bible means when it says this:

“For now we see through a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known.”1 Corinthians 13:12

Lately I was struck with the realization that I really don’t know God the way I should. But reading this verse was encouraging because that is the order of things.

If we can realize and accept that we see only in part, and what we do see, we see through a colored glass, it would be easier to trust Him who sees all, and knows all.

We can unconsciously feel as if we are far from God because we don’t know Him as well as He knows us. But that’s reason to press in and know the character of Jesus Christ, so that we know we can trust Him at all times.

The Bible says that to know Jesus Christ is to know God. (John 14:8-10; Colossians 1:15; John 12:45)

“The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.” Hebrews 1:3

It strikes me as odd that a creature who sees only part of the picture through a colored glass would be so quick to judge, so quick to make snap judgments. If we don’t see all and know all, how can we be so quick to judge others’ intentions, motives, or other internal states?

Let’s get to know Jesus a little better. If we do that, we will have the power to be merciful to one another, always believing the best out of people, always using powerful words of kindness to build up and encourage those around us. He is ready for you to come and get to know Him better.

Hoping we all have a beautiful week…

Love, Bonney Rosas

FAITH in God’s Word opened the red sea, shut lion’s mouths, opened the prison doors, Isaac was born, the blind man see, the woman with the issue of blood was healed! Do not underestimate the power of belief….. You can do all things through Christ! ~Malene Mendoza~

Lord, I pray that I get to know You better and better every day. And as I draw closer to You, You will make me more Christ-like and help me to get a better understanding of the big picture, and not just the part that I am able to see right now. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply