Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-30-2015, 01:09 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - May 1

Silence promotes the presence of God, prevents many harsh and proud words, and suppresses many dangers in the way of ridiculing or harshly judging our neighbours...If you are faithful on keeping silence when it is not necessary to speak, God will preserve you from evil when it is right for you to talk. Francois Fenelon

It is a throne of grace that God in Christ is represented to us upon; but yet it is a throne still whereon majesty and glory do reside, and God is always to be considered by us as on a throne. John Owen

I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess. Martin Luther

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station through which God speaks to us every hour, if only we will tune in. George Washington Carver

Faith isn't the ability to believe long and far into the misty future. It's simply taking God at his word and taking the next step. Joni Eareckson Tada

For most of us the hardest thing God asks us to do is to wait. Gloria Gaither

God is with us. It is enough. Penelope J. Stokes

God's gift of faith and power are always adequate, no matter how desperate our situation has become. Exhaustion, frustration, tragedy may have burdened us down so that we despair of ever being free again. The pain may be unrelenting, the loss overwhelming, the loneliness damning. But God's power is great enough for our deepest desperation. You can go on. You can pick up the pieces and start anew. You can face your fears. You can find peace in the rubble. You can have courage. There is healing for your soul. Suzanne Dale Ezell

Have You Sharpened Your Axe? Author Unknown
A young man approached the foreman of a logging crew and asked for a job. "That depends," replied the foreman. "Let's see you fell this tree." The young man stepped forward and skillfully felled a great tree. Impressed, the foreman exclaimed, "You can start Monday."
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday rolled by. Thursday afternoon the foreman approached the young man and said, "You can pick up your paycheck on the way out today."
Startled, the young man replied, "I thought you paid on Friday."
"Normally we do," said the foreman. "But we're letting you go today because you've fallen behind. Our daily felling charts show that you've dropped from first place on Monday to last place today."
"But I'm a hard worker," the young man objected. "I arrive first, leave last and even have worked through my coffee breaks!"
The foreman, sensing the young man's integrity, thought for a minute and then asked, "Have you been sharpening your axe?"
The young man replied, "No sir, I've been working too hard to take time for that!"
Our lives are like that. We sometimes get so busy that we don't take time to "sharpen the ax." In today's world, it seems that everyone is busier than ever but less happy than ever. Why is that? Could it be that we have forgotten how to stay sharp?
There's nothing wrong with activity and hard work. But God doesn't want us to get so busy that we neglect the truly important things in life, like taking time to pray, to read and study scripture or to listen to "the still small voice of God."
We all need time to relax, to think and meditate, to learn and grow. If we don't take time to sharpen the axe, we will become dull and lose our effectiveness. Take time today to sharpen your axe!

IT'S PROBABLY ONE OF THE KIDS by Sally I. Kennedy
'Call to me and I will answer you. I'll tell you marvelous and wondrous things that you could never figure out on your own.' Jeremiah 33:3
The air was thick with lovebugs as I drove along the turnpike. Each year, about this time, the lovebug phenomenon occurs. My windshield was practically covered with splattered lovebugs, which were pelting the cars like driving rain.
I pulled into a gas station to clean off the window. As I was scraping, I heard a cell phone ring. A loud voice, from over by the next tank, called out, "Can you get it?!! It's probably one of the kids!" She was outside her car, pumping gas, but she did not want to miss that call that might have been from her kids.
On some mobile phones there is caller ID. By glancing at my phone screen, I can quickly identify if one of my children are calling. I try to take their calls anywhere I am, at any time. You never know. Could be just a call to say hello, and chat, or it could be a call concerning a crisis situation, some type of emergency. At any rate, I just like to hear their voice.
I thought about how prayer is like 'heavenly' mobile phones. Sort of "hot-lines", to our Father. And whether His kids are calling to say hello, and have a simple prayer conversation with the Lord, or calling with a serious situation that needs a listening, compassionate ear and/or wise counsel and direction, He always answers that phone. "I'll get it! It's one of the kids!"

BY FAITH WALLS FALL DOWN Author Unknown
"By faith the walls of Jericho fell, after the people had marched around them for seven days." (Hebrews 11:30)
Prince Henry the Navigator of Portugal (1394-1460) never captained a ship or sailed on a voyage of exploration. He stayed home and read accounts of others who had. He thought about what they said and let his mind march around new theories about what the world must be like. He wondered and imagined, calculated and drew maps. Prince Henry died thirty years before Portuguese explorers were able to test his theories, but when they did, they brought back proof that he had been incredibly accurate. As a result, Portugal took the lead in world exploration for fully a hundred years. Other nations held back, making excuses about internal problems. Other explorers did not see the possibilities or worried about lack of money. They lacked faith to move past what seemed to be insurmountable obstacles.
To feel bound by perceived limits is so human, so common. A century ago there were predictions that no one could ever drive a car 60 miles per hour because the wind would suck one's breath away. In 1934 the track coach at the University of California laid out what he believed were the absolute limits of achievement in track and field events. All of them, of course, have long since been exceeded. High school athletes today are out-performing Olympic champions of a few decades ago. There appears to be no limit to how fast we can run, how far we can go, how high we can leap.
So we do well not to set limits on what we can do and become as children of God if we believe in the power of Christ within us. We do well not to minimize the potential of the people of God when we act in faith. Walls fall down. Families are transformed, communities changed.
When my two grandchildren blow out the candles on their birthday cakes each year and make their wishes, I make one of my own for them. My birthday wish for each is faith, the single quality that will guarantee him a successful life. Faith is simply trust that God is stronger than all the limitations, hurts, fears and problems they may face. I do not pray that they will have superior intellects or well-coordinated bodies. I am not concerned that they be popular or clever, blessed with talent or wealth. I care only that they will persist in faith toward the goals and dreams that God may give them - the Prince Henrys of their time.
By faith walls fall down.

THE STORY OF THE THREE TREES Author Unknown
Once there were three trees on a hill in the woods. They were discussing their hopes and dreams when the first tree said, "Someday I hope to be a treasure chest. I could be filled with gold, silver and precious gems. I could be decorated with intricate carving and everyone would see the beauty."
Then the second tree said, "Someday I will be a mighty ship. I will take kings and queens across the waters and sail to the corners of the world. Everyone will feel safe in me because of the strength of my hull."
Finally the third tree said, "I want to grow to be the tallest and straightest tree in the forest. People will see me on top of the hill and look up to my branches, and think of the heavens and God and how close to them I am reaching. I will be the greatest tree of all time and people will always remember me."
After a few years of praying that their dreams would come true, a group of woodsmen came upon the trees. When one came to the first tree he said, "This looks like a strong tree, I think I should be able to sell the wood to a carpenter" and he began cutting it down. The tree was happy, because he knew that the carpenter would make him into a treasure chest.
At the second tree a woodsman said, "This looks like a strong tree, I should be able to sell it to the shipyard." The second tree was happy because he knew he was on his way to becoming a mighty ship.
When the woodsmen came upon the third tree, the tree was frightened because he knew that if they cut him down his dreams would not come true.
One of the woodsmen said, "I don't need anything special from my tree so I'll take this one", and he cut it down."
When the first tree arrived at the carpenters, he was made into a feed box for animals. He was then placed in a barn and filled with hay. This was not at all what he had prayed for.
The second tree was cut and made into a small fishing boat. His dreams of being a mighty ship and carrying kings had come to an end. The third tree was cut into large pieces and left alone in the dark. The years went by, and the trees forgot about their dreams.
Then one day, a man and woman came to the barn. She gave birth and they placed the baby in the hay in the feed box that was made from the first tree.
The man wished that he could have made a crib for the baby, but this manger would have to do. The tree could feel the importance of this event and knew that it had held the greatest treasure of all time.
Years later, a group of men got in the fishing boat made from the second tree. One of them was tired and went to sleep. While they were out on the water, a great storm arose and the tree didn't think it was strong enough to keep the men safe. The men woke the sleeping man, and he stood and said "Peace" and the storm stopped. At this time, the tree knew that it had carried the King of Kings in its boat.
Finally, someone came and got the third tree. It was carried through the streets as the people mocked the man who was carrying it.
When they came to a stop, the man was nailed to the tree and raised in the air to die at the top of a hill. When Sunday came, the tree came to realize that it was strong enough to stand at the top of the hill and be as close to God as was possible, because Jesus had been crucified on it.
The moral of this story is that when things don't seem to be going your way, always know that God has a plan for you. If you place your trust in Him, He will give you great gifts. Each of the trees got what they wanted, just not in the way they had imagined.
We don't always know what God's plans are for us. We just know that His ways are not our ways, but His ways are always best.

Being His Hands and Feet Author Unknown
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd. Then he said to his disciples, "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." Matthew 9:36-38
Jesus saw that the people were helpless. . . His heart went out to them. . . and as a result, He took action! Hundreds of thousands of people needed to know the Savior, so He sent His followers to go out to the people and share about the Kingdom of God. Jesus' disciples were "His feet" going out to share the Good News, "His hands" ministering and healing the people, and "His mouth" telling others about Him. They may have been few in number, but they had a radical impact on the world!
Today, we are called to be "Jesus' feet" going out into the world to share the Good News that God loves men, women, and children. . . and He wants to have a relationship with them. We are called to be "Jesus hands" ministering, serving and spiritually healing those who are hurting. And we are called to be "Jesus' mouth", having a ready answer on the tip of our tongue as to why we have hope for the future.
Who around you needs a relationship with God? Are you being God's feet and going to them? Are you being His hands and reaching out, listening, empathizing with them, and developing a relationship? And are you being Jesus' mouth, sharing the most important message of all time. . . that Jesus Christ died to pay the price for the sins of all men and women?
We may be few in number, but we can have a radical impact now and in eternity!

The Thief Author Unknown
A horrible thing happened to me today... a thief broke into my house.
It happened shortly after I awoke this morning. I got up and began rushing about. I had a thousand things on my list and was already running behind.
Quickly, I gulped down breakfast, took a shower and got ready for work. In my rush, I forgot to turn the security system on at my house. It was just about a half an hour later that the thief broke in. Of course, he didn't make a sound. Just kind of snuck inside, not drawing any attention to himself. In fact, none of the neighbors ever saw him. But, I did.
You see, I WAS HOME when the thief broke in. He naturally startled me, as I was unprepared for his visit. He, of course, didn't announce that he was coming and I certainly had not invited him over. And yet, I found myself face to face with danger and I felt so powerless. I also felt so very stupid, because this whole incident could have been avoided if I had just taken the time to turn the security system on.
You better believe I'll be turning it on tomorrow morning! I thought I'd warn you about this guy, because he's still on the loose. Chances are, he's in your area. Possibly even headed for your house. His name? His name is Satan.
You see, this morning when I jumped up in my haste to get started on my busy day, I skipped my prayer time, opting to "pray later today." In other words, I DIDN'T TURN ON THE SECURITY SYSTEM.
My defense wasn't on, my guard was dropped... and when the thief came into my home to attack me, I was unprepared to do battle. He tempted me and I felt powerless. Like I said, I also felt so very stupid, because I could have avoided the incident if I had just taken the time to pray.
My friend, the thief has come to "steal, kill and destroy." And, as a Child of God, you are on his "hit list." He'll probably pop over to your house today. He may be lurking outside your door right now, just waiting to catch you off guard.
Take time to pray this morning. Ask God to bind Satan from your very presence, to protect you and empower you to do battle. In short... always dress with your Holy armor from head to toe and... don't forget to turn your security system on.
"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; but I have come that they may have life, and have it more abundantly." (John 10:10)
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand... And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests." (Ephes. 6:10-18)

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Life experience for many of you has been like being in white-water rapids with the roar of the river ringing in your ears. You are about to emerge from this treacherous stretch into a time of when navigating life will be easier and will even have periods of absolute peace. Maximize the benefits by putting trauma behind you and calming your soul, says the Lord. Be comforted. Mark 4:39 Then He arose and rebuked the wind, and said to the sea, "Peace, be still!" And the wind ceased and there was a great calm.

Embrace change and trust Me that whatever changes you endure will work to your benefit. There are things that you have needed to let go of, and if you don't let go willingly it will be more difficult to move on. I know your situation, and I know what is best for you, says the Lord. Psalms 32:8 I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will guide you with My eye.

In a vision I saw a man looking at the stars and identifying the constellation Orion. I knew this had to do with navigation and of finding his bearings. And, I heard the Lord say, "You have been in a difficult storm and are feeling unstable in many ways. Now is the time to look and see where you are and to point yourself in the direction of your destination. The storm has created a separation between that which is actually important and that which has just consumed your time and energy. Look to Me for direction and guidance." Psalms 31:3 For You are my rock and my fortress; Therefore, for Your name’s sake, Lead me and guide me.

I am vitally interested in how you treat others. It is My desire that you respect and value every human being regardless of their position or station in life. It is time for My chosen ones to be done with all prejudice and unrighteous judgment. You may disagree with the decisions and actions of others, but that must not be a basis for mistreatment, says the Lord. Matthew 5:43-45 "You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

I always encourage and entreat you to align your life--your purposes, goals, attitudes and actions--with what is good and true. Your life in the Spirit depends on your willingness to walk in the ways of righteousness and peace, says the Lord. Prioritize your life to actually put Me first in all things. Many of you say that is what you want to do, but actions speak louder than words or intentions. You must do it! Matthew 6:33 "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Have you heard My voice? Have you listened to that which I have revealed? If you will respond in a positive way to My leading, to My guidance, and learn from what I am teaching and showing you, you will benefit greatly. I will enable you to do what you cannot do. I will enable you by controlling the circumstances around you when you come into a place of absolute trust in Me. Let Me take care of those things that you cannot take care of. I am the Lord who is able to do all things.

The Will of God will never take you...
Where the grace of God cannot keep you,
Where the arms of God cannot support you,
Where the hands of God cannot mold you.
Where the power of God cannot endow you.
The will of God will never take you...
Where the spirit of God cannot work through you,
Where the riches of God cannot supply you,
Where the wisdom of God cannot teach you,
Where the army of God cannot protect you,
Where the love of God cannot enfold you,
Where the mercy of God cannot sustain you,
Where the Word of God cannot feed you,
Where the authority of God cannot overrule for you.
Where the comfort of God cannot dry your tears,
Where the peace of God cannot calm your fears,
Where the miracles of God cannot be done for you,
Where the omnipresence of God cannot find you.
Author Unknown

I have found a friend in Jesus
Like no other friend I've known.
When I walk through desert places,
I don't ever walk alone.
--Janet Paschal

8 Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous; 9 not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. 10 For “He who would love life And see good days, Let him refrain his tongue from evil, And his lips from speaking deceit. 11 Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it. 1 Peter 3:8-11

There is one who makes himself rich, yet has nothing; And one who makes himself poor, yet has great riches. Proverbs 13:7

3 For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are not burdensome. 4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world—our faith. 5 Who is he who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God? 1 John 5:3-5

3 ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’ Jeremiah 33:3

The eternal God is your refuge, And underneath are the everlasting arms; He will thrust out the enemy from before you, And will say, ‘Destroy!’ Deuteronomy 33: 27

The Fig Tree Withered
18 Now in the morning, as He returned to the city, He was hungry. 19 And seeing a fig tree by the road, He came to it and found nothing on it but leaves, and said to it, “Let no fruit grow on you ever again.” Immediately the fig tree withered away.
The Lesson of the Withered Fig Tree
20 And when the disciples saw it, they marveled, saying, “How did the fig tree wither away so soon?” 21 So Jesus answered and said to them, “Assuredly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ it will be done. 22 And whatever things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” Matthew 21:18-22

16 “Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; Put away the evil of your doings from before My eyes. Cease to do evil, 17 Learn to do good; Seek justice, Rebuke the oppressor; Defend the fatherless, Plead for the widow. 18 “Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the Lord, “Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. 19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land. Isaiah 1:16-19

Your House Is a Lifeboat by Robert and Bobbie Wolgemuth
As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. — Joshua 24:15
For many years, Noah and his wife refused to buckle under the temptations of wickedness all around them. In fact, outside their immediate family, they did not have one friend who believed in God or was living a righteous life. Can you imagine what it must have been like to be so alone?
The town — and the neighborhood — where Noah and his wife lived was soaking in sinfulness. According to the Bible, the world of their day was literally “full” of immorality. So reprehensible was the behavior of these people that God regretted having created them in the first place and decided to wash the slate clean.
But on His way to starting over, God bumped into a faithful man named Noah, his wife, and their three sons and their wives. From the time their sons were small, Noah and his wife surely included them in conversations about God. They must have prayed together and spoken of the majesty of God’s creation.
Deep inside this story is something very special. Noah and his wife opened their home to lost people. We know this because the women their sons married were counted among the righteous who came aboard the ark. This means that even though they came from homes where God was not worshiped, these women’s lives were changed by the influence of a believing family that welcomed them and loved them.
For Noah and his wife, the choice was clear. In spite of temptations to conform to the culture around them, they — and their family — chose to serve the Lord. You and your family can do the same.
It may not look like it, but your house is a lifeboat. Your storm-tossed friends and your children’s confused playmates need shelter. They need safety, instruction, and a display of love from a family that knows and worships the true God. Your family may be their only hope.
A safe little boat the shape of your house is floating in your neighborhood.
Our great and wonderful God, empower us to live lives that please You. Help us to be winsome messengers of Your Word and to show others the love of Jesus. Use us to lead people to Christ. Amen.

The Empty Egg Author Unknown
Jeremy was born with a twisted body and a slow mind. At the age of 12 he was still in second grade, seemingly unable to learn. His teacher, Doris Miller, often became exasperated with him. He would squirm in his seat, drool, and make grunting noises. At other times, he spoke clearly and distinctly, as if a spot of light had penetrated the darkness of his brain. Most of the time, however, Jeremy just irritated his teacher.
One day she called his parents and asked them to come in for a consultation. As the Forresters entered the empty classroom, Doris said to them, "Jeremy really belongs in a special school. It isn't fair to him to be with younger children who don't have learning problems. Why, there is a five year gap between his age and that of the other students."
Mrs. Forrester cried softly into a tissue, while her husband spoke. "Miss Miller," he said, "there is no school of that kind nearby. It would be a terrible shock for Jeremy if we had to take him out of this school. We know he really likes it here." Doris sat for a long time after they had left, staring at the snow outside the window. Its coldness seemed to seep into her soul. She wanted to sympathize with the Forresters. After all, their only child had a terminal illness.
But it wasn't fair to keep him in her class. She had 18 other youngsters to teach, and Jeremy was a distraction. Furthermore, he would never learn to read and write. Why waste any more time trying?
As she pondered the situation, guilt washed over her. Here I am complaining when my problems are nothing compared to that poor family, she thought. Lord, please help me to be more patient with Jeremy.
From that day on, she tried hard to ignore Jeremy's noises and his blank stares. Then one day, he limped to her desk, dragging his bad leg behind him.
"I love you, Miss Miller," he exclaimed, loud enough for the whole class to hear. The other students snickered, and Doris' face turned red. She stammered, "Wh-why that's very nice, Jeremy. N-now please take your seat."
Spring came, and the children talked excitedly about the coming of Easter. Doris told them the story of Jesus, and then to emphasize the idea of new life springing forth, she gave each of the children a large plastic egg. "Now," she said to them, "I want you to take this home and bring it back tomorrow with something inside that shows new life. Do you understand?"
"Yes, Miss Miller," the children responded enthusiastically - all except for Jeremy. He listened intently; his eyes never left her face. He did not even make his usual noises. Had he understood what she had said about Jesus' death and resurrection? Did he understand the assignment? Perhaps she should call his parents and explain the project to them.
That evening, Doris' kitchen sink stopped up. She called the landlord and waited an hour for him to come by and unclog it. After that, she still had to shop for groceries, iron a blouse, and prepare a vocabulary test for the next day. She completely forgot about phoning Jeremy's parents.
The next morning, 19 children came to school, laughing and talking as they placed their eggs in the large wicker basket on Miss Miller's desk. After they completed their math lesson, it was time to open the eggs. In the first egg, Doris found a flower. "Oh yes, a flower is certainly a sign of new life," she said. "When plants peek through the ground, we know that spring is here." A small girl in the first row waved her arm. "That's my egg, Miss Miller," she called out.
The next egg contained a plastic butterfly, which looked very real. Doris held it up. "We all know that a caterpillar changes and grows into a beautiful butterfly. Yes, that's new life, too." Little Judy smiled proudly and said, "Miss Miller, that one is mine."
Next, Doris found a rock with moss on it. She explained that moss, too, showed life. Billy spoke up from the back of the classroom, "My daddy helped me," he beamed.
Then Doris opened the fourth egg. She gasped. The egg was empty. Surely it must be Jeremy's, she thought, and of course, he did not understand her instructions. If only she had not forgotten to phone his parents. Because she did not want to embarrass him, she quietly set the egg aside and reached for another. Suddenly, Jeremy spoke up. "Miss Miller, aren't you going to talk about my egg?"
Flustered, Doris replied, "But Jeremy, your egg is empty." He looked into her eyes and said softly, "Yes, but Jesus' tomb was empty, too."
Time stopped. When she could speak again, Doris asked him, "Do you know why the tomb was empty?" "Oh, yes," Jeremy said, "Jesus was killed and put in there. Then His Father raised Him up."
The recess bell rang. While the children excitedly ran out to the schoolyard, Doris cried. The cold inside her melted completely away.
Three months later, Jeremy died. Those who paid there respects at the funeral home were surprised to see 19 eggs on top of his casket, all of them empty.

Using Your Fingers To Pray From “God’s Little Devotional Book for Mothers,” p. 41
A mother once taught her daughter to pray on her fingers.
Your thumb is nearest to your heart, so first pray for those who are closest to you. Your own needs should be included, as well as those of your family and friends.
The second finger is used for pointing. Pray for those who point you toward the truth. Pray for your teachers, mentors, pastors, and all those who inspire your faith.
The third finger is the tallest. Let it stand for the leaders in every sphere of life. Pray for those in authority – both within the body of Christ and those who hold offices in various areas of government.
The fourth finger is the weakest, as every pianist knows. Let it stand for those who are in trouble and pain – the sick or abused.
The fifth finger is the smallest. Let it stand for those who often go unnoticed, including those who suffer loneliness and deprivation.

Read Through The Bible
Job 2
Satan Attacks Job’s Health
1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord. 2 And the Lord said to Satan, “From where do you come?” Satan answered the Lord and said, “From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking back and forth on it.” 3 Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil? And still he holds fast to his integrity, although you incited Me against him, to destroy him without cause.” 4 So Satan answered the Lord and said, “Skin for skin! Yes, all that a man has he will give for his life. 5 But stretch out Your hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will surely curse You to Your face!” 6 And the Lord said to Satan, “Behold, he is in your hand, but spare his life.” 7 So Satan went out from the presence of the Lord, and struck Job with painful boils from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head. 8 And he took for himself a potsherd with which to scrape himself while he sat in the midst of the ashes. 9 Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast to your integrity? Curse God and die!” 10 But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women speaks. Shall we indeed accept good from God, and shall we not accept adversity?” In all this Job did not sin with his lips.
Job’s Three Friends
11 Now when Job’s three friends heard of all this adversity that had come upon him, each one came from his own place—Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite. For they had made an appointment together to come and mourn with him, and to comfort him. 12 And when they raised their eyes from afar, and did not recognize him, they lifted their voices and wept; and each one tore his robe and sprinkled dust on his head toward heaven. 13 So they sat down with him on the ground seven days and seven nights, and no one spoke a word to him, for they saw that his grief was very great.

Dear Jesus, We find our confidence, our identity in your love, shown by your forbearance, forgiveness, patience and call to life. All other things while still your gifts cannot in themselves show us the true way to live. Fill us with your Spirit to strengthen and guide us. May we seek what is truly good rather than the merely satisfying. Open our hearts to others especially the people whom we are apt to forget, ignore or of whom we are unaware. Amen

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply