Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2017, 08:56 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default If you are weary and troubled, look up to Jesus today!

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” --John 8:12

When I was a boy growing up in Ft. Worth, Texas, I remember seeing a homeless man on the street around Christmas one year.

It was apparent that the man was blind, and he held a sign that read, “The sun is shining, but I cannot see.” And you know, there really are a lot of people like that poor man in the world today. There’s a Light to be seen…but so many people are blind to it.

All of us know what it’s like to be in a pitch-dark room where you can’t see your hand in front of your face. Where you have vision…but you can’t see. Where there is sight…but no light.

Maybe you feel like your life is filled with darkness today…and the light of reason, the light of logic, the light of conscience have all failed you.

If so, remember you have light through Jesus Christ…the One who is “the light of the world.” So focus on Him!

As the old hymn says,

O soul, are you weary and troubled?
No light in the darkness you see?
There’s a light for a look at the Savior,
And life more abundant and free!

Turn your eyes upon Jesus,
Look full in His wonderful face,
And the things of earth will grow strangely dim,
In the light of His glory and grace.

If you are weary and troubled, look up to Jesus today!

Jack Graham
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply