Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-25-2017, 10:53 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - January 27

God will never lead us where His grace cannot keep us.

If we volunteer, God will give us work to do.

God is nearby — even in faraway places.

God looks at people’s hearts, not their outward appearance or circumstances. Jesus reminds us in Matthew 7:1 not to condemn people. Instead, we can help others experience God’s love, care, and grace — and then step back and watch for the transformations. Today, let's try to see others through God’s eyes.

Storms come and go, but God’s love is unchanging.

When we are worried or anxious about the future, we can remember God’s promise to be with us always.

Because God is everywhere, you can pray anywhere. --Unknown

See God in every person, place, and thing, and all will be well in your world. --Louise Hay

Call on God when you need a friend to make it through the day. Lord, may we share Your love and beauty so that our lives may not be lonely.

God will never abandon us.

The Restorer by Lynne Phipps
With the coming of winter in the north, the cold, dry air quickly takes its toll on a person's skin. One must learn to be prepared and diligent to prevent problems. So each winter, I begin to use moisturizer, especially on my hands and face, several times a day. In fact, I have moisturizer beside the kitchen sink, next to my favourite chair, in the night table drawer beside my bed, on my dresser, and in the bathroom beside the shower. I use it morning, noon, and night to avoid, as much as possible, dry, itchy skin, and especially very painful, cracked fingers and lips. The balm that I use refreshes, restores, and heals my skin and helps to prevent problems that the harsh winter air fosters.
This morning as I was reading my Bible and rubbing balm into my hands at the same time, I was once again reminded of how God's Word acts in a similar manner within our lives as moisturizer does upon our skin.
Proverbs 3:1-2 – My son, do not forget my law, but let your heart keep my commands; for length of days and long life and peace they will add to you. (NKJV)
Proverbs 4:20-22 – My son, give attention to my words; incline your ear to my sayings. Do not let them depart from your eyes; keep them in the midst of your heart; for they are life to those who find them, and health to all their flesh. (NKJV)
Psalm 119:165 – Great peace have those who love Your law, and nothing causes them to stumble. (NKJV)
Yes, God's Word is able to refresh, restore, heal, and even keep us from falling into problems in our life as we read it and, through our relationship with Christ, learn to understand and constantly apply its truth.
So today, let's not wait for the harsh realities of this world to take their toll on us, before applying the Word of God to our lives. Rather, may we choose to be proactive and enjoy the blessings of our diligence day by day.
Prayer: Father God, thank You for the healing balm of Your Word. Bless us with diligence as we seek to store it up in our hearts, that we might reap the reward of its power amidst the harsh and often damaging realities of life in this world. In Christ's name, we pray. Amen.

When The Wind Blows Author Unknown
Years ago a farmer owned land along the Atlantic seacoast. He constantly advertised for hired hands. Most people were reluctant to work on farms along the Atlantic. They dreaded the awful storms that raged across the Atlantic, wreaking havoc on the buildings and crops. As the farmer interviewed applicants for the job, he received a steady stream of refusals. Finally, a short, thin man, well past middle age, approached the farmer.
"Are you a good farm hand?" the farmer asked him.
"Well, I can sleep when the wind blows," answered the little man.
Although puzzled by this answer, the farmer, desperate for help, hired him. The little man worked well around the farm, busy from dawn to dusk, and the farmer felt satisfied with the man's work.
Then one night the wind howled loudly in from offshore. Jumping out of bed, the farmer grabbed a lantern and rushed next door to the hired hand's sleeping quarters. He shook the little man and yelled, "Get up! A storm is coming! Tie things down before they blow away!" The little man rolled over in bed and said firmly, "No sir. I told you, I can sleep when the wind blows."
Enraged by the old man's response, the farmer was tempted to fire him on the spot. Instead, he hurried outside to prepare for the storm. To his amazement, he discovered that all of the haystacks had been covered with tarpaulins. The cows were in the barn, the chickens were in the coops, and the doors were barred. The shutters were tightly secured. Everything was tied down. Nothing could blow away. The farmer then understood what his hired hand meant, and he returned to bed to also sleep while the wind blew.
Can you sleep when the wind blows through your life? The hired hand in the story was able to sleep because he had secured the farm against the storm. We secure ourselves against the storms of life by accepting Jesus Christ as our Savior and by grounding ourselves firmly in the Word of God.

Lord, Prop Us Up on Our Leaning Side Author Unknown
Every time I am asked to pray, I think of the old fellow who always prayed, "Lord, prop us up on our leaning side." After hearing him pray that prayer many times, someone asked him why he prayed that prayer so fervently.
He answered, "Well sir, you see, it’s like this... I got an old barn out back. It’s been there a long time. It’s withstood a lot of weather, it’s gone through a lot of storms, and it’s stood for many years. It’s still standing. But one day I noticed it was leaning to one side a bit. So I went and got some pine poles and propped it up on its leaning side so it wouldn’t fall.
Then I got to thinking about how much I was like that old barn. I’ve been around a long time. I’ve withstood a lot of life’s storms, and I’ve withstood a lot of bad weather in life, I’ve withstood a lot of hard times, and I’m still standing, too. But I find myself leaning to one side from time to time, so I like to ask the Lord to prop me up on my leaning side.
I figure a lot of us get to leaning at times. Sometimes we get to leaning toward anger, leaning toward bitterness, leaning toward hatred, leaning toward cussing, leaning toward a lot of things that we shouldn’t. So we need to pray, "Lord, prop us up on our leaning side, so we will stand straight and tall again to glorify You.”
We need You, Lord, to give us the strength to stand whenever we get out of balance. In those times, “Lord, prop us up on our leaning side.”
"Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10)

Listening for God
MY wife called me to lunch. As was our custom when she had just put a meal on the table, we held hands to say grace. As I did so, inwardly I heard God say to me, "Go to see Mrs. Henry -- now!" I hesitated for a few moments and then told my wife that I had to leave. I explained why; then I left. She was upset and found it hard to accept my leaving at that very moment.
I got my bicycle out of the garage and rode to Mrs. Henry's house. I leaned my bicycle against the hedge and rang the doorbell. There was no reply. I went to the back door and knocked. Still no reply. I opened the kitchen door and shouted, "May I come in?" Then I heard a muffled sound from inside the house.
When I entered the parlor, I saw Mrs. Henry on the floor, unable to move. She looked up at me and said, "Where have you been? I have been praying for you to come for half an hour!"
That experience made me wonder how many other times I may have failed to hear God's voice. I am glad I was obedient to God's nudging that day. --Anthony G. Trevithick

A Work in Progress
DAY after day, I've watched a picture unfold through my cross-stitching. From many squares of colored thread erupts a scene of life so real that I can almost stroke the velvety flower petals and smell the ripe red berries.
As I sew, I realize that God also performs a pains-takingly slow work of refining me -- of transforming my life into something beautiful. With loving persistence, God guides each stroke of the needle in and out of the fabric of my life. Like my cross-stitch project, I, too, am a work in progress.
As the needlework project progresses, I outline each leaf and flower with a single thread. As a result, each object stands out in sharp relief. What was formerly a blurry, white mass has become a sharply defined dogwood blossom.
Like my needlework project, each of us is a continuing work of God. When we realize this, our self-worth, goals, triumphs, and trials are given fresh meaning. Even if the picture is unclear now we can trust that God will continue the good work begun in us. --Cindy Hawkins

I wan to sey mi preyers agin
On the nights that I put the two oldest boys to bed, the 6 and 3-year-old, we hold hands and pray. Only the 6-year-old and I pray. The 3-year-old (Josees) usually remains quiet.
Tonight, I asked Josees to simply say "Thank You Jesus." I figured I would try to get him to say something in prayer. In his still garbled and yet undeveloped speech, he said as best he could, "Than chu Jesus." I then prayed. Usually, after I pray, we all hug and exchange goodnight kisses. Josees always leaves a cold wet spot on my forehead, but it is a spot that soothes and washes away any trials of the day. This time as I said "Amen," Josees said, "Daddy, I wan to sey mi preyers agin." "Ok," I mumbled, somewhat startled. Josees in his garbled speech prayed one of the most touching prayers that I have ever heard. He thanked God for his family individually by name, for his bike (actually a tricycle), his bed, the house, and a host of other things. The kids had taught me something about praying. They focused on the immediate things. The many things they could see. EL, the 6-year old, thanks God for his pillow, the dresser drawers, the dresser, the mirror, his bed spread, his bed, his socks, his shoes, and a host of other things that I never thought about. Is it the early stages of materialism? No, it is the early stages of being appreciative for the things most take for granted. When I first heard EL pray, I had to ask myself, "Had I ever thanked God for my drawers and my pillow?" I didn't think so. I use them every day but had never given thanks for them. Children teach us a lot. I have never heard EL ask for anything while praying. He only thanks God for what he has been given. He has his wants, believe me, but in prayer, he only gives thanks. Often after listening to the sincere prayers of a child, I realize how much I have never thanked God for. I have had to bow before I went to bed and ask in my heart, "Father, can I say my prayers again." --Author Unknown

16 One-liners
1. Give God what's right -- not what's left.
2. Man's way leads to a hopeless end -- God's way leads to an endless hope.
3. A lot of kneeling will keep you in good standing.
4. He who kneels before God can stand before anyone.
5. In the sentence of life, the devil may be a comma--but never let him be the period.
6. Don't put a question mark where God puts a period.
7. Are you wrinkled with burden? Come to God for a face-lift.
8. When praying, don't give God instructions - just report for duty.
9. We don't change God's message -- His message changes us.
10. Plan ahead -- It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.
11. Most people want to serve God, but only in an advisory position.
12. Exercise daily -- walk with God.
13. Never give the devil a ride -- he will always want to drive.
14. Nothing else ruins the truth like stretching it.
15. Compassion is difficult to give away because it keeps coming back.
16. Worry is the darkroom in which negatives can develop.
--Author Unknown

LIVE A LIFE THAT MATTERS - Life Lessons by Prayables
How is the value of your days measured?
What matters is not what you buy, but what you build.
Not what you get, but what you give.
Not your success, but your significance.
Not what you learn, but what you teach.
Not your competence, but your character.
Living a life that matters doesn't happen by accident.
It's not a matter of circumstance, but of choice.
What matters is every act of integrity, compassion, courage or sacrifice
that enriches, empowers and encourages others.
Choose to live a life that matters, not for you, but for God.

Moments Author Unknown
If God brings you to it,
He will bring you through it.
Happy moments, praise God.
Difficult moments, seek God.
Quiet moments, worship God.
Painful moments, trust God.
Every moment, thank God.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Exercise patience and perseverance as you press forward. Make changes necessary in establishing yourself in a stronger and more defined position spiritually and in your circumstances. This is still very much a transitional time. But, breakthrough is imminent, says the Lord. Stay on My solid foundation. 2 Timothy 2:19 Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: "The Lord knows those who are His," and, "Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."

Stay the course. Be strong and refuse to deviate from what you know is right and good. The problems that you face will be resolved in a few days, but you must be calm and do what you can to stay in order. Put your complete trust in Me to reveal the value of your recent challenges and to unveil your divine purpose, says the Lord. Psalms 20:4 May He grant you according to your heart’s desire, and fulfill all your purpose.

On the journey that I have set before you, you have taken your rest on a spiritual plateau. It is now time to continue on. Set your face like flint to move to higher ground and come ever closer to Me, says the Lord. Travel on without fear or trepidation, for I am truly with you. Psalms 84:5 Blessed is the man whose strength is in You, whose heart is set on pilgrimage.

Beloved, bring your burdens to Me alone in the secret place of My presence. And, there in that place where we commune together, I will answer your prayers and bring you to a place of spiritual strength and courage. Release your faith and know that I have heard you, says the Lord. Otherwise, the bitterness of your soul will become a defilement to those around you. Hebrews 12:14-15 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord: looking carefully lest anyone fall short of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up cause trouble, and by this many become defiled.

Deliberately come into peace as you release yourself from stress. Step onto the firm foundation of faith in My word, in My kingdom, and in your relationship with Me, says the Lord. When your foundation is solid everything that you build will reflect that same fundamental power. Your position in Me will bring you to a position of life and strength. Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.

I will bring order where there has been chaos. You have had to deal with chaotic circumstances and people, but there were things to learn and changes to be made that will ultimately be beneficial to you. This has been a trying time, but the worst of it is behind you. Get ready to move forward with a sense of greater stability and expectation, says the Lord. Keep looking up! Hebrews 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Who will separate you from the love of God? The answer is, no one, no thing, no circumstance has the ability to remove you from My love. I love you. I care for you. I am for you, and I will help you in the process of this journey into and through the new year. So, believe with all of your heart that I will bring you into the promises I have made. My desire for you is to be victorious, and to receive the blessings that I have for you in this time, says the Lord.

The Plan of the Master Weaver
Our lives are but fine weavings
That God and we prepare,
Each life becomes a fabric planned
And fashioned in His care.
We may not always see just how
The weavings intertwine,
But we must trust the Master's hand
And follow His design,
For He can view the pattern
Upon the upper side,
While we must look from underneath
And trust in Him to guide......
Sometimes a strand of sorrow
Is added to His plan,
And though it's difficult for us,
We still must understand
That it's He who fills the shuttle,
It's He who knows what's best,
So we must weave in patience
And leave to Him the rest.....
Not till the loom is silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why--
The dark threads are as needed
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.
From a Hallmark card, Author Unknown

This Moment Author Unknown
THIS MOMENT I may never see tomorrow, there's no written guarantee,
And things that happened yesterday belong to history,
I can not predict the future, I can not change the past,
I have just the present moments, I must treat it as my last,
I must use this moment wisely for it soon will pass away,
and be lost forever as part of yesterday,
I must exercise compassion, help the fallen to their feet,
Be a friend unto the friendless, make an empty life complete,
The unkind things I do today may never be undone,
And friendships that I fail to win may nevermore be won,
I may not have another chance on bended knees to pray,
and I thank God with a humble heart for giving me this Day.

Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. - Psalm 37:4

The Lord God is my strength. He has made my feet like the feet of a deer, and He makes me walk on high places. Habakkuk 3:19

"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. -- Mark 11:22-24

Be on the alert, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love. -- 1 Corinthians 16:13,14 NASB

"Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." -- Mark 14:38

"For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast." (Ephesians 2:8-9)

"But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ's gift." (Ephesians 4:7 )

Waltz In by Sally I. Kennedy
Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence... Hebrews 4:16
While I was praying, simple conversation with God, I found myself asking for something. Again.
I thought, “I am constantly making requests! Wouldn’t you think the Lord would get sick of that? I just waltz in, any time of the day or night I feel like it, and pray. I thank Him and praise Him, often ask for something and assume He is listening."
Many years ago, as a mom of young children, I would try to stop and listen to my kids when they would come to me to ask, or tell, me something. I usually did, but not always. Our Father God made us for fellowship with Him. And yes, He is thrilled and delighted for us to come to Him, with requests, conversation, thanks, or just come to enjoy His presence. And yes, He listens. Always.
Among the thousands of promises in the Bible are those which declare God hears us, and answers. A few are:
Jeremiah 33:3
 - Call to me and I will answer you
Psalm 17:6
 - I call to you, God, and you answer me. Listen to me now, and hear what I say.
Psalm 6:9
 - The Lord has heard my cry for help; the Lord will answer my prayer.
Psalm 91:15
 - They will call to me, and I will answer them.
There’s never a time the Lord won’t stop and give us His full attention. In fact, He is just waiting for us to "waltz in". That is good news.

Thank you, God, for the wisdom you give us each day. May we use it to make good choices and to give you the glory. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 51
1 Have mercy upon me, O God, according to thy lovingkindness: according unto the multitude of thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. 2 Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin. 3 For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. 4 Against thee, thee only, have I sinned, and done this evil in thy sight: that thou mightest be justified when thou speakest, and be clear when thou judgest. 5 Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. 6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom. 7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. 8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice. 9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities. 10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me. 11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. 12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. 13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. 14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness. 15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise. 16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering. 17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise. 18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem. 19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and whole burnt offering: then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Dear God, give us the courage to let go of the past and the faith we need to look forward to the future with you. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply