Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > New to Bluidkiti's Recovery Forums? > Newcomers Recovery Help and Support

Share This Forum!  

Newcomers Recovery Help and Support Stop in here if you are new to recovery and share with us. Feel free to ask questions and for support here.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-05-2015, 10:24 PM   #16
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

HOW ARE YOU SABOTAGING YOURSELF?

"If you play it safe in life you've decided that you don't want to grow any more."
-- Shirley Hufstedler

How are you sabotaging your potential for change?

We unconsciously use defence mechanisms to shield us from situations we perceive to be scary or painful. A part of you may want to grow and change, but another part may be resisting because change always moves you into new territory in your thinking and emotions.

If you find you are getting anxious, fearful, angry, frustrated, dismissive or unmotivated, then defence mechanisms are at work. Watch for them and know them to be signs of fear that wants to hold you back. Then courageously move through them.

"I have never been contained except I made the prison."
-- Mary Evans

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #17
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

YOU KNOW THE WAY

"Woe to the man whose heart has not learned while young to hope, to love ... and to put its trust in life."
-- Joseph Conrad

How deeply do you trust your own guidance?

Always trust that you know what's best for you. To move forward in your life, gather information from the "experts," consider how their advice relates to your situation and then act only on what feels right for you. You are the only expert for your own life.

"I trust so much in the power of the heart and the soul; I know that the answer to what we need to do next is in our own hearts. All we have to do is listen, then take that one step further and trust what we hear. We will be taught what we need to learn."
-- Melody Beattie

"I never know what the next lesson is going to be, because we're not supposed to know; we’re supposed to trust ourselves to discover it."
-- Melody Beattie

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:22 PM   #18
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

RELIEVE THE PRESSURE COOKER

"Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life."
-- Mary Manin Morrissey

Journaling is a great way to release and let go. To get things off your chest. Our minds are our own worst enemies. The same thoughts go round and round in the same old ways and keep us stuck.

If something bothers you, write about it. Get it out so you can see it from a different perspective. Let it out. Let it go.

Owning and healing your pressure cooker is an important step in claiming your power, building your esteem and making your stand.

"In truth, to attain to interior peace, one must be willing to pass through the contrary to peace. Such is the teaching of the Sages."
-- Swami Brahmanada

Access your own inner wisdom by tapping into your subconscious and intuition. Release stress, blocks and negative emotions, and spark imagination and greater vision.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:33 PM   #19
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

APPRECIATION

"You can never get to peace and inner security without first acknowledging all of the good things in your life. If you're forever wanting and longing for more without first appreciating things the way they are, you'll stay in discord."
-- Doc Childre and Howard Martin

Develop an attitude of gratitude. We discover a sense of wholeness as we appreciate both the small and big things in our lives. And it really helps to remember to appreciate ourselves. Appreciation is more than just acceptance -- it's respect and admiration. Let go of criticism and self-abuse.

"Generally, appreciation means some blend of thankfulness, admiration, approval, and gratitude. In the financial world, something that 'appreciates' grows in value. With the power tool of appreciation, you get the benefit of both perspectives: as you learn to be consistently thankful and approving, your life will grow in value."
-- Doc Childre and Howard Martin

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:01 AM   #20
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

OPEN TO AWARENESS

"Mindfulness means moment-to-moment, non-judgmental awareness. It is cultivated by refining our capacity to pay attention, intentionally, in the present moment, and then sustaining that attention over time as best we can. In the process, we become more in touch with our life as it is unfolding."
-- Myla & Jon Kabat-Zinn

Why do we want to become more aware?

If we remain unaware, we:

repeat the past,
remain stuck in relationships,
live superficial, literal and one dimensional lives,
lack experiences of love and beauty, and
have limited connection to others and the universe.
With awareness, we are fully involved with life. Awareness is sensing deeply and sensitively for what really is. To do this, we need to approach the present as totally new. When we can be open and attentive in each moment, we begin to free ourselves from the conditioning of the past and the suffering that it so often brings.

"If moment by moment you can keep your mind clear then nothing will confuse you."
-- Sheng Yen

*** Awareness is the key to all change.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 05-23-2015, 12:17 AM   #21
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

DAILY FORGIVENESS

"As long as you don't forgive, who and whatever it is will occupy rent-free space in your mind."
-- Isabelle Holland

We cannot avoid daily resentment and thoughts of guilt. They are a part of human nature. What we can do is release their grip on us. We can forgive others and ourselves daily.

Forgiveness requires nothing in return. There are no conditions. It gets rid of old baggage and clears up unfinished business. It leads us to a life of authenticity, lightness and directness. Forgiveness is the highest form of letting go of resentment and ego.

True forgiveness is more than an apology, understanding and acceptance. There is an element of recreating and re-imagining. There is a need to envision ourselves as more loving, interdependent, courageous and compassionate. Forgiveness requires honouring the sacred journey of learning about life - our life and others'.

"Whatever we have done, we can always make amends for it without ever looking back in guilt or sorrow."
-- Eknath Easwaran

Is your spiritual development important to you?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:24 PM   #22
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

BEING GENUINE

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

When we don’t know who we are -- or if we are afraid to be who we are -- we betray ourselves. We pretend to be who we think we are. Our self image is made up of our experiences, desires and other people’s ideas and expectations of us.

Maintaining this false self is a betrayal of ourselves. In all deep spiritual journeys, there is the experience of betrayal. Betrayal always tells us to adjust our life to be more authentic. What we identify with is all important.

There are large betrayals (e.g., your partner leaving you) and small betrayals (e.g., disappointments). They are all experiences of being wounded for the purpose of breaking down the defenses of the personality. When we allow the wounding and accept the betrayals as divine gifts, we greatly benefit.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."
-- Dr. Seuss (via Elena)

"What you must dare is to be yourself."
-- Dag Hammarskjold

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:28 PM   #23
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

DISCOVER THE TREASURES INSIDE

"Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude."
-- Denis Waitley

Peace, joy, health and well-being can only be found inside us. They exist within us now, waiting to be discovered. Yet we tend to look to the outside world to satisfy our needs and longings.

Our outer life reflects back to us the way we think, feel and behave. The outer world is all effects. Go to the source inside for all of life’s treasures.

How are you searching for peace and contentment outside of yourself?

"The great Western disease is, ‘I'll be happy when… When I get the money. When I get a BMW. When I get this job.’ Well, the reality is, you never get to when. The only way to find happiness is to understand that happiness is not out there. It's in here. And happiness is not next week. It's now."
-- Marshall Goldsmith

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:32 PM   #24
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

RESPONSIBILITY BRINGS POWER

"To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist."
-- Gail Sheehy

What holds you back from being all that you are?

In your journal, list at least 5 things that hold you back.

Now review your answers. Have you blamed people or factors outside of yourself?

It's important to understand that ALL obstructions are rooted in our internal blocks. Even the problems that appear to be outside of us are only reflecting back to us problems we have inside. Once we address our inner issues, the outer problems disappear.

Be personally accountable for everything in your life and watch your perspectives shift. We claim our power when we accept responsibility for our lives.

"Conscious evolution begins as we take responsibility for clearing our own obstructions."
-- Dan Millman

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'. Are you ready to commit to changing your life for the better?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-13-2015, 12:41 PM   #25
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

A NEW LOOK AT PROBLEMS

"The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem."
-- Theodore Rubin

Our lives really begin to change when we learn to shift our perspective on 'problems.'

From a spiritual perspective, problems offer our best path to growth. Like it or not, pain gets our attention. Discomfort also challenges the ego's perception that it is in complete control of life. This opens the door for soul's guidance.

If we want to be rid of the problem, we need to shift from denial and resistance to accept that this situation is present. We need to be willing to truly feel our experience to allow the energy of emotions to move through.

Finally, we need to explore what belief is giving rise to our distress. When we realize the belief is faulty, our shift in perspective resolves the problem. The solution always lies within us.

"No one can go back and make a brand new start. Anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending."
-- Source Unknown

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:12 PM   #26
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

SING YOUR OWN SONG

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparable."
-- Brenda Ueland

Great forces are directing you to conform to the patterns of your society. You have DNA that has been handed down from generation to generation, coding repeated behaviour patterns into your being. You have archetypal energies setting the standards for how you behave as a man or a woman, as husband or wife, as father or mother .... You are immersed in consensual reality, whereby the world around you reflects societal understanding of how life has been and is to be.

At the same time, you have an even greater force within you inspiring you to wake up and recognize the reality of who you are. This force, the creative power underlying the entire universe, is urging you to create brand new standards of reality.

The status quo is blind to our creative power. Create a brand new world for yourself, one that meets your deepest needs, and you will help raise the quality of consciousness of the entire world.

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
-- Gandhi

*** Do you feel an urge or calling in you to be or do more? Then honour it and open to more meaning and fulfillment by exploring your life purpose.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-14-2015, 09:13 PM   #27
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

REALLY BE THERE FOR ANOTHER

"Listening is a magnetic and strange thing, a creative force. You can see that when you think how the friends that really listen to us are the ones we move toward, and we want to sit in their radius as though it did us good, like ultraviolet rays."
-- Brenda Ueland

How well do we communicate with others? Often, when we are interacting with others, our attention in both speaking and listening is focused on meeting our own needs.

Our communication skills improve when we can open to be aware of the needs of the other person. When we listen, we can release the filters that serve our own needs for security and receive the message with our compassionate heart. And when we speak, we can choose words that the listener is able to receive. True communication happens when we harmonize with the other individual.

"So when you are listening to somebody, completely, attentively, then you are listening not only to the words, but also to the feeling of what is being conveyed, to the whole of it, not part of it."
-- Jiddu Krishnamurti

"The first duty of love is to listen."
-- Paul Tillich

Our process is clear. First 'know yourself' - your personality and direction in life. Then 'create a plan'. Next 'heal yourself and what holds you back. Then you can expand and 'grow yourself'. Are you ready to commit to changing your life for the better?

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:34 AM   #28
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

BE AWARE OF YOUR THINKING

"There is a thought in your mind right now. The longer you hold on to it, the more you dwell upon it, the more life you give to that thought. Give it enough life, and it will become real. So make sure the thought is indeed a great one."
-- Ralph Marston

Most of our self-talk comes unconsciously from our subconscious. Yet every thought that exists in our subconscious got there through a conscious decision to accept that thought.

We need to become conscious of our self-talk so we can at will choose to replace negative beliefs with positive ones. We have the power to choose an identity we love, but we need to do the work. The process of changing our subconscious beliefs requires awareness, diligence, consistency and repetition.

"Man is made or unmade by himself. In the armory of thought he forges the weapons by which he destroys himself. He also fashions the tools with which he builds for himself heavenly mansions of joy and strength and peace."
-- James Allen

*** Awareness is the key to all change. Begin to trust yourself more deeply as you uncover new dimensions of who you are

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-20-2015, 01:38 AM   #29
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

THE PAST IN THE PRESENT

"If you accept a limiting belief, then it will become a truth for you."
-- Louise Hay

Pick one aspect of your life, e.g. your health, your competence, your prosperity or relationships, and think back to when you were a child. What messages about this subject did you hear from adults at that time that are still playing on your subconscious tape recorder? Messages like: "Men can't be trusted." "Money doesn't grow on trees." "You're not smart enough to succeed in business."

How is your world reflecting your beliefs back to you, today?

"There are no limitations to the self except those you believe in."
-- Seth

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:38 AM   #30
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Quote:

DARE TO RISK

"To try is to risk failure. But risk must be taken because the greatest hazard of life is to risk nothing. The person who risks nothing does nothing, has nothing, is nothing. He may avoid suffering and sorrow, but he simply cannot learn, feel, change, grow, live, and love."
-- Leo Buscaglia

Daring to risk is an essential step to self empowerment. This is the key to breaking out of stuck thinking and behaviour. It is about breaking through the comfort zones and barriers. It is about experiencing new levels of mind and feelings. It is about experiencing more life.

"A life spent in making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."
-- George Bernard Shaw

"Only those who risk going too far can know how far they can go."
-- Unknown source

Build a new relationship with the time of your life. Experience time from different perspectives. Discover how to do life rather than allow life to do you.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

Post New ThreadReply