Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-01-2020, 06:34 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - May

May 1

Psalm 90:17 May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us—yes, establish the work of our hands.

Romans 12:12 (NIV) Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Matthew 6:19-21 19 “Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Isaiah 41:10,13 – So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

Romans 5:1 – Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.

The grass withers and the flowers fade, but the word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?" —Luke 12:25-26

John 13:34-35 NIV "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another."
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2020, 02:13 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 2

Proverbs 26:20 Without wood a fire goes out; without a gossip a quarrel dies down.

Ecclesiastes 5:2 – Do not be quick with your mouth, do not be hasty in your heart to utter anything before God. God is in heaven and you are on earth, so let your words be few.

"If two of you agree on earth about anything you ask, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." Matthew 18:19

John 15:12-13 NIV "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends. Proverbs 17:9
Old 05-03-2020, 06:43 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 3

"For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." —Isaiah 41:13

The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still. Exodus 14:14 - NIV

Psalm 5:3 – In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.

Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you peace always in every way. The Lord be with you all. — 2 Thessalonians 3:16

A man’s heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. — Proverbs 16:9

Mark 12:30 NIV "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."
Old 05-04-2020, 06:51 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 4

Psalm 62:8 (NIV) Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge.

Thought: Talk to God. He wants to hear from you.

Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love. 1 John 4:8

No temptation has taken you except what is common to man. God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted above what you are able, but will with the temptation also make the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13

Matthew 6:19-20 – Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal.

Corinthians 12:9a – The Lord says: "My grace is all you need, for my power is greatest when you are weak."

Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone, especially to our Christian brothers and sisters. Galatians 6:10
Old 05-05-2020, 06:33 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 5

I can do all things [which He has called me to do] through Him who strengthens and empowers me [to fulfill His purpose—I am self-sufficient in Christ’s sufficiency; I am ready for anything and equal to anything through Him who infuses me with inner strength and confident peace.] Philippians 4:13 AMP

Matthew 6:31-34 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. See if there is any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. -- Psalm 139:23,24

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -- Philippians 4:6,7

“God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, Even though the earth be removed, And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though its waters roar and be troubled, Though the mountains shake with its swelling. Selah” (Psalm 46:1-3)

James 2:14-18 14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. 18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by my deeds.

Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.

42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.” — Luke 22:42

1 John 3:18 NIV Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:05 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 6

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

2 Corinthians 5:17 17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!

Isaiah 41:13 – For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.

"Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." (Romans 5:7-8)

For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
Old 05-07-2020, 06:09 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 7

Philippians 2:13 – For it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.

1 Peter 5:7 – Cast all your anxiety on him [God] because he cares for you.

John 10:14-15, "I am the good shepherd. I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father - and I lay down my life for the sheep."

Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul."

Psalm 33:4 4 For the word of the LORD is right and true; he is faithful in all he does.
Old 05-08-2020, 01:25 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 8

Joshua 1:9 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

Romans 8:28 "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. —Romans 5:8

From the fruit of his lips a man is filled with good things as surely as the work of his hands rewards him. — Proverbs 12:14

1 John 4:15 NIV If anyone acknowledges that Jesus is the Son of God, God lives in him and he in God.

Isaiah 26:12 12 LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us.
Old 05-09-2020, 06:34 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 9

Psalm 42:5 – Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

Fill your minds with those things that are good and that deserve praise: things that are true, noble, right, pure, lovely, and honorable. Philippians 4:8b

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Romans 12:2

For I am the LORD your God who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. ?—Isaiah 41:13

May the Lord direct your hearts into God’s love and Christ’s perseverance. 2 Thessalonians 3:5

Since we are all one body in Christ, we belong to each other, and each of us needs all the others. Romans 12:5
Old 05-10-2020, 05:45 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 10

He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Most gladly therefore I will rather glory in my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may rest on me. - 2 Corinthians 12:9

John 3:16-17 – For God loved the world so much that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not die but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to be its judge, but to be its savior.

Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Romans 12:10

And all of us . . . can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like him and reflect his glory even more. 2 Corinthians 3:18

‘Honor your father and mother,’ and ‘love your neighbor as yourself.’ Matthew 19:19
Old 05-11-2020, 06:44 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 11

"Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me." — Isaiah 46:9

Psalm 5:3 In the morning, Lord, you hear my voice; In the morning I lay my requests before you And wait expectantly.

The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. Psalm 24:1

1 John 5:1-2 – Everyone who believes that Jesus is the Christ has been born of God, and everyone who loves the Father loves whoever has been born of him. By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.

Psalm 5:11 – But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
Old 05-12-2020, 06:36 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 12

Acts 14:15 (NIV) We are bringing you good news, telling you to turn from these worthless things to the living God, who made the heavens and the earth and the sea and everything in them.

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. Mark 11:24

You are of God, little children, and have overcome them; because greater is he who is in you than he who is in the world. - 1 John 4:4

Faith makes us sure of what we hope for and gives us proof of what we cannot see. Hebrews 11:1

Job 33:4 4 The Spirit of God has made me; the breath of the Almighty gives me life.
Old 05-13-2020, 06:53 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 13

I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; My God is my rock, in whom I take refuge. He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies. -- Psalm 18:1-3

The Water of Life – John 4:13-14 – Jesus answered, "Those who drink this water will get thirsty again, but those who drink the water that I will give them will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give them will become in them a spring which will provide them with life-giving water and give them eternal life."

Commit your actions to the Lord, and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

We know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. — Romans 8:28

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. — James 1:2-4

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. —1 Peter 5:6-7

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. — Proverbs 16:24

Psalm 143:10 10 Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground.

My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! Psalm 121:2
Old 05-14-2020, 07:05 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 14

Every word of God is flawless; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him. Proverbs 30:5

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. - Psalms 46:1

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you. 1 Peter 5:6

Isaiah 41:10, “Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

"With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26)
Old 05-15-2020, 06:34 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

May 15

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. 1 Peter 3:3-4

The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. Psalm 121:5

2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

Galatians 6:9 – Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. (NIV)

2 Timothy 1:7 – For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline. (NIV)

Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. (NIV)

1 Peter 3:8 – Finally, all of you, live in harmony with one another; be sympathetic, love as brothers, be compassionate and humble. (NIV)
Post New ThreadReply