Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Lord, help me to calm down, slow down … and smile at a person or two

Sister’s in Christ Worldwide

GM 1YOUR DAILY INSPIRATION

I should have gotten a clue from Liz’s post this morning. She said she was at the playground with her daughter and a fight broke out among some parents. One kid had pushed another and the mom did nothing, so there ended up being a full-out brawl, etc. etc. etc.

I thought about that as I stepped into the playground today with Eric. Since school has been out these have ceased to be playgrounds and are now madhouses. There were TONS of children jumping and running and crying and pushing and what do I do? Sweet mommy that I am, I set my child free in that mess.

Now, he is WAY younger than most everyone there: he is only 1 1/2 years old. And what did he do as soon as his feet his the floor? He started waving at everyone. When he saw no one was paying attention to him he went up to a 5-year-old boy and waved at him. The boy ran off in search of another thing to jump off of. Kid after kid got a sweet wave from my boy, but they ignored him every time.

Thankfully, Eric is too young to understand rudeness. After a while he just started playing along with everyone else.

Well, a few minutes later a little girl exactly Eric’s size and probably age, too, came up to him and waved at him. Eric waved back. After a minute of waving to each other Eric hugged her. Then the girl put her hand on his arm. I swear it was like a sweet corner of innocence in that wild playground.

Of course, both of us mommies looked at each other and said, “How cute!” but more than that, I got a real insight on something Jesus said:

“Unless you change and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven.” (Matt 18:3)

The world, our homes, our lives, our business, our streets are absolute madhouses full of people running here and there trying to find the next thing that will make them happy. Lord, help me to calm down, slow down … and smile at a person or two.

Please keep me from running right past someone that I can share Your love with.

- Ruthy Hobbs

“The fruit of the Spirit is … kindness.” Galatians 5:22

Lord, open my eyes to see those around me that need to see your love today. Remind me that I am their sister and together let us walk with you.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply