Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-28-2014, 03:24 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 5/30

No matter what words we use, God hears when we pray.

Lord, help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that You and I together can't handle.

God is there for you always, even when everyone else has betrayed and left you.

Do not have your concert first, and then tune your instrument afterwards. Begin the day with the Word of God and prayer, and get first of all into harmony with Him. -- J. Hudson Taylor
God is stronger then our strongest foe.

Everything we have is on loan from God.

There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus. --Blaise Pasca

The best cure for loneliness is developing an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. --Unknown

A Mother's Footsteps Author Unknown
It was a busy day in our Costa Mesa, California, home. But then, with 6 children and one on the way, every day was a bit hectic. On this particular day, however, I was having trouble doing even routine chores -- all because of one little boy. Len, who was three at the time, was on my heels no matter where I went. Whenever I stopped to do something and turned back around, I would trip over him. Several times, I patiently suggested fun activities to keep him occupied. "Wouldn't you like to play on the swing set?" I asked again.
But he simply smiled an innocent smile and said, "Oh, that's all right Mommy. I'd rather be in here with you." Then he continued to bounce happily along behind me.
After stepping on his toes for the fifth time, I began to lose my patience and insisted that he go outside and play with the other children. When I asked him why he was acting this way, he looked up at me with sweet green eyes and said, "Well, Mommy, in Sunday class my teacher told me to walk in Jesus' footsteps. But I can't see him, so I'm walking in yours."
I gathered Len in my arms and held him close. Tears of love and humility spilled over from the prayer that grew in my heart -- a prayer of thanks for the simple, yet beautiful perspective of a three-year-old boy.

Which Wolf Do You Feed? Author Unknown
“But let the Lord Jesus Christ take control of you, and don’t think of ways to indulge your evil desires.” – Romans 13:14 (NLT)
The story has been told about a grandfather trying to teach his son about life. “A fight is going on inside me,” he said to the boy. “It is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One is evil– he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, and ego. The other is good – he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion, and faith. This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too.” The grandson thought about it for a minute and then asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?” The grandfather simply replied, “The one you feed.”
Each one who follows Christ lives with the struggle of conflicting desires and behavior. On the one hand, we want to be obedient and pleasing to the Lord. On the other hand, we still live with our natural, sinful desires that seek to please ourselves. This is real: there is tension between the two. What is clear from the Scriptures is that we become slaves to whatever we give ourselves to (see Romans 6:16) — or as the story would put it, to whichever wolf we feed.
Christ died to set us free from being slaves to sin. Though we still struggle, we can experience victory over our sinful desires. How? By focusing on God; by feeding on His Word; by receiving the nourishment that comes from pursuing our relationship with Christ who said, “I am the bread of life.” The Apostle Paul encourages us to be intentional about gaining the advantage in this struggle, saying “…count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus.’ (Romans 6:11)
Today, feed the good wolf. Remind yourself that you belong to God and with the Holy Spirit’s help in your life, count yourself dead to sinful desires and behaviors and alive to Jesus.

Thoughtfulness
"Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you" (Ephesians 4:32, NIV).
According to William A. Ward, "Thoughtfulness comes in many forms, and is virtually always welcomed by its recipients. Thoughtfulness is a habit—a way of life well worth cultivating and practicing.
"The thoughtful person is quick to pay a well-deserved compliment, or to send a prompt note of congratulations to someone who has received a promotion, an honor, or special recognition.
"Thoughtful people don't wait for opportunities—they imaginatively create numerous opportunities to make life brighter, smoother, and more enjoyable for those about them.
"Our thoughtful attitudes and generous deeds can make many people happy—including ourselves."
Being thoughtful is being kind, it is being loving, it is being "as Jesus" to people.
Today, make sure you go out of your way to be thoughtful and kind—first of all to your own loved ones … and in some way to every life you touch.
Suggested prayer: "Dear God, please help me to be loving, kind, and thoughtful today—and 'as Jesus'—to my own loved ones and to someone who needs a touch from you. Thank you for hearing and answering my prayer. Gratefully, in Jesus' name, amen." --Daily Encounter

Twenty-Four Hour Days and Stress
Someone has said, “There is never enough time in the day for my work. We should have twenty five hours in each day.” But God gave us twenty-four hours each day to accomplish our tasks and oh how we chafe under the restraint. Then we try to accomplish more than time allows. We place ourselves under huge amounts of self-imposed stress.
As we do so, we also fight against God. We fail to recognize it cannot be God’s will to pack more into twenty-four hour day than will fit. Because we don’t like God’s time constraints, we push ourselves. We get up early. We go to bed late. Yet the list of work grows and stress grows too.
Look at what the Bible says, “It is vain for you to rise up early, to retire late, to eat the bread of painful labors” (Psalm 127:2). The word “vain” means “deception.” It is a deception to get up early, to cram the day with activities, to retire late, and to see each day as a day of “painful labor,” only to repeat the cycle again.
Why? You will not receive that for which you work. Because you are forgetting God, you are not using each day properly. Psalm 118:24 says, “This is the day the Lord has made.” Remembering the Author of time and setting priorities will reduce stress. --Author Unknown

YOUR OWN ANOINTING
Beloved, if you try to walk in the shoes of another person, you will end up frustrated, self condemned and rejected, accused and insecure. The grace to walk in those shoes is only for that person, it is not for you. I have given you your own anointing and gifts that match who I AM creating you to be in Me. These gifts fit your life perfectly and they are finely honed to pour out exactly what I need to express through you.
The race you need to run is your own race. Put on your own shoes, and don't compare yourself with another's race. Keep your eyes off yourself, off others and on to Me. Look at the smile on My lips as I see you moving forward and making progress. Listen for My voice that shouts, "YES!"
When I focus on you and how much you mean to Me, it grieves Me when you compare with others and what you think you lack. How can you love others when you don't love yourself? How can you receive My love when you reject yourself? Precious one, I have created every nuance of your frame and life. Every jot and tittle makes you unique and special. There is only one you and I have plans that fit you exactly where you need to be. Take off the trappings of another and walk in the anointing I have given you.
Gal 6:4-5 NLT Be sure to do what you should, for then you will enjoy the personal satisfaction of having done your work well, and you won't need to compare yourself to anyone else. For we are each responsible for our own conduct.
1 Sam 17:38-39 AMP Then Saul clothed David with his armor; he put a bronze helmet on his head and clothed him with a coat of mail. And David girded his sword over his armor. Then he tried to go, but could not, for he was not used to it. And David said to Saul, I cannot go with these, for I am not used to them. And David took them off. --Ponderword

Seeking God by Charles Stanley
"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." (Jeremiah 29:13)
"Seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33)
God wants us to seek Him more than anything else, even more than we seek answers to prayer. When we come to God in prayer, sometimes our hearts are so full of what we want that we leave God out. Our minds become consumed with the gift rather than the giver.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Take every opportunity to rise above the pettiness and distraction of the issues of life. You can only do this as you deal with thoughts and emotions that are ungodly. Look to Me and have faith that I will lead you to a higher place in the Spirit so that your thoughts, speech and actions reflect My character and nature, says the Lord. Spiritual unity will be the result of establishing yourself in agreement with all that I am. John 17:20-23 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me."

Even though spiritual and natural storms rage, find the place of peace where your faith and trust are unshaken. I am with you and for you even in the most difficult circumstances. Refuse to allow fear or worry to steal your stability in the Spirit, says the Lord. Be strong and courageous, and let Me lead you in triumph. Luke 8:24 And they came to Him [Jesus] and awoke Him, saying, "Master, Master, we are perishing!" Then He arose and rebuked the wind and the raging of the water. And they ceased, and there was a calm.

The path that has been set before you in your kingdom journey is only found in the realm of the Spirit. It is always ascending--taking you higher by way of understanding spiritual truth with greater clarity. I want you to search and find truth in all that you hear, see, and do. Everything around you contains a vital kingdom principle. Look for it, says the Lord. John 8:32 "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Stay right with Me, says the Lord, and refuse to allow any criticism from others to cause you to become too introspective. As you seek to have a clean heart and pure motives, I will bring truth and conviction accompanied by mercy and grace. Good and lasting change can only come by the Spirit and not by some measure of carnal perfection. Psalms 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Let the life of My Spirit spring up in you like a fresh flow of pure water. Let it flood your soul and bring new hope and freedom. It is time for you to completely let go of everything that has kept you bound in darkness. Break out! Rise up! Be filled with the joy of new life, says the Lord. John 14:6 Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I am going to bring you forth into this new season with many surprises. The surprises that I bring forth will be for your benefit. But, you will also be surprised by the work of the enemy against you. Don’t lose heart. Don’t give up on the path that I have prepared for you. But, be available to move into that which I am doing, that which I am showing you, and that which is coming to you. The abundance of My kingdom is coming forth in your life in ways that you have not yet seen. Be encouraged. Don’t be disheartened by the things you’ll have to endure and go through, but be encouraged in the process. I am going to lead you and guide you. And, you will be blessed in this season in great ways. Get ready to be surprised, says the Lord.

HE by Theresa
HE is the rock that I cling to,
my shelter in a storm.
HE can make the birds sing,
and shadows take bright form.
Whenever I am lonely,
whenever I have fears,
I call his name out softly,
and I know that HE hears.

A Walk With Jesus by Ruth
If you could take a walk with Jesus. If He could spend some time with you,
Would you walk through fields of flowers, sprinkled with the morning dew?
If you could take a walk with Jesus, would you walk beside the sea?
Or would you walk out in the forest, so you could rest beneath the trees?
If you could take a walk with Jesus, what would you say to him?
Would you spend the time complaining, about your family and your friends?
If you could take a walk with Jesus, would you grumble about your job?
Would you choose your words with caution, as you walked with the Son of God?
Now before you give your answer, give careful thought to what you'll say.
Though you may not have noticed, Jesus walked with you today.

"As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God?" Psalm 42:1-2

"The LORD protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, he saved me." Psalm 116:6

“Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.” Psalm 37:4

I can do all things in him that strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13

"The generous prosper and are satisfied; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25

I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. Job 19:25

Keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know Him better. Ephesians 1:17

There is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live, and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live. 1 Corinthians 8:6

"Receive the Holy Spirit.".......John 20:22

. . . Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, you and your household. (Acts 16:31)

How Strong Are You? by Sally I. Kennedy
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
The small squirrel, scurrying like crazy to get out of our way on the walkway, holding onto a good-sized pine cone; he wasn't about to lose his treasure! Amazing that he could grasp and drag something almost as large as he was. And how many times have you seen an ant, picking up a crumb larger than itself?
We can work out, have great biceps and abs. We can exercise our brains and have great info and knowledge. But supernatural strength comes from the Lord, above and beyond our own abilities.
You are stronger than you think with God's help and power behind you. It is good to know where our inner strength comes from and who gives us that gift.
So how strong are you? Very,in Christ. And that is good news.
You have the mind of Christ: Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus. Phil 2:15
for, "Who has known the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?" But we have the mind of Christ. 1 Cor 2:16
The Lord gives you wisdom: If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. James 1:5
The Lord gives you strength: It is God who arms me with strength and keeps my way secure. Psalm 18:32
Don't be afraid, for I am with you. Don't be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. Is 41:10
He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Is 40:29
God gives you His direction: Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take. Prov 3:6
The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps. Prov 16:9
In fact 'greater things you will do': Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. John 14:12
I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being Ephesians 3:16
Look to the Lord and his strength; seek his face always. 1 Chronicles 16:11

LORD, help me to be strong and courageous in every circumstance I face in life, knowing that you are good and your love and mercy never fails. Not one promise will fail. You are always good, always faithful. Thank you for your great faithfulness to me. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
2 Chronicles 24
Joash Repairs the Temple
1 Joash was seven years old when he became king, and he reigned forty years in Jerusalem. His mother’s name was Zibiah of Beersheba. 2 Joash did what was right in the sight of the Lord all the days of Jehoiada the priest. 3 And Jehoiada took two wives for him, and he had sons and daughters. 4 Now it happened after this that Joash set his heart on repairing the house of the Lord. 5 Then he gathered the priests and the Levites, and said to them, “Go out to the cities of Judah, and gather from all Israel money to repair the house of your God from year to year, and see that you do it quickly.” However the Levites did not do it quickly. 6 So the king called Jehoiada the chief priest, and said to him, “Why have you not required the Levites to bring in from Judah and from Jerusalem the collection, according to the commandment of Moses the servant of the Lord and of the assembly of Israel, for the tabernacle of witness?” 7 For the sons of Athaliah, that wicked woman, had broken into the house of God, and had also presented all the dedicated things of the house of the Lord to the Baals. 8 Then at the king’s command they made a chest, and set it outside at the gate of the house of the Lord. 9 And they made a proclamation throughout Judah and Jerusalem to bring to the Lord the collection that Moses the servant of God had imposed on Israel in the wilderness. 10 Then all the leaders and all the people rejoiced, brought their contributions, and put them into the chest until all had given. 11 So it was, at that time, when the chest was brought to the king’s official by the hand of the Levites, and when they saw that there was much money, that the king’s scribe and the high priest’s officer came and emptied the chest, and took it and returned it to its place. Thus they did day by day, and gathered money in abundance. 12 The king and Jehoiada gave it to those who did the work of the service of the house of the Lord; and they hired masons and carpenters to repair the house of the Lord, and also those who worked in iron and bronze to restore the house of the Lord. 13 So the workmen labored, and the work was completed by them; they restored the house of God to its original condition and reinforced it. 14 When they had finished, they brought the rest of the money before the king and Jehoiada; they made from it articles for the house of the Lord, articles for serving and offering, spoons and vessels of gold and silver. And they offered burnt offerings in the house of the Lord continually all the days of Jehoiada.
Apostasy of Joash
15 But Jehoiada grew old and was full of days, and he died; he was one hundred and thirty years old when he died. 16 And they buried him in the City of David among the kings, because he had done good in Israel, both toward God and His house. 17 Now after the death of Jehoiada the leaders of Judah came and bowed down to the king. And the king listened to them. 18 Therefore they left the house of the Lord God of their fathers, and served wooden images and idols; and wrath came upon Judah and Jerusalem because of their trespass. 19 Yet He sent prophets to them, to bring them back to the Lord; and they testified against them, but they would not listen. 20 Then the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest, who stood above the people, and said to them, “Thus says God: ‘Why do you transgress the commandments of the Lord, so that you cannot prosper? Because you have forsaken the Lord, He also has forsaken you.’” 21 So they conspired against him, and at the command of the king they stoned him with stones in the court of the house of the Lord. 22 Thus Joash the king did not remember the kindness which Jehoiada his father had done to him, but killed his son; and as he died, he said, “The Lord look on it, and repay!”
Death of Joash
23 So it happened in the spring of the year that the army of Syria came up against him; and they came to Judah and Jerusalem, and destroyed all the leaders of the people from among the people, and sent all their spoil to the king of Damascus. 24 For the army of the Syrians came with a small company of men; but the Lord delivered a very great army into their hand, because they had forsaken the Lord God of their fathers. So they executed judgment against Joash. 25 And when they had withdrawn from him (for they left him severely wounded), his own servants conspired against him because of the blood of the sons of Jehoiada the priest, and killed him on his bed. So he died. And they buried him in the City of David, but they did not bury him in the tombs of the kings. 26 These are the ones who conspired against him: Zabad the son of Shimeath the Ammonitess, and Jehozabad the son of Shimrith the Moabitess. 27 Now concerning his sons, and the many oracles about him, and the repairing of the house of God, indeed they are written in the annals of the book of the kings. Then Amaziah his son reigned in his place.

I thank you that I can always trust you, and that by your Spirit you lead me in the best decisions for my life. Help me to understand your will and pray for my life today, for in you I find shelter, protection, and direction for all areas of my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply