Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 6/7

When we laugh, when we cry, when we feel something happening inside, we open ourselves to the possibilities of seeing God more deeply. The potential of the life that we have been given is breathtaking — when we pay attention. The possibilities are endless. The music of the presence of God is everywhere. If we open our ears, we can hear it. Yes, God is near.

What we do or say can lead people toward God or away from God. May we choose to serve as God’s lights wherever we see darkness around us.

Kindness can open doors to talk about God.

Act toward your fellow man as though God was watching and toward God as though man were watching.

Every morning ask God to show us the way of patience, tolerance, kindliness and love to all we shall meet that day.

Although we are at different levels in earthly society, we are all equal before God who does not play favorites, no one is more important than anyone else to Him.

Ask God for the wisdom to know what is right, what God wants done, and the will to do it.

Free Forgiveness by The Vine
When they couldn't pay, he forgave them both. Which of them therefore will love him most?" - Luke 7:42
All of us are in debt. Of course there is a difference in the amount of our debts. Some have sinned far more than others. But whether our debt be little or much, we have nothing at all with which to pay it. We could not more easily pay the fifty than the five hundred pence. He forgave them both. It is just as easy for God to forgive the greatest sins as the smallest. He forgave them. That is the only way we can ever get clear of our sins.
A king owed a large sum to one of his nobles, but could not pay it. The nobleman made a great feast in honor of his king. A fire or perfumed woods burned on the hearth. During the feast the host brought out all he king's notes and cast them into the fire, thus obliterating beyond possibility of restoration every evidence of his indebtedness. That is the way God does with our sins. Into the fragrant flames of Christ's sacrifice he casts them all, and they will never be heard of more.
There is a story of a half-witted boy whose idea of forgiveness was beautiful. He said that Jesus came and with his red hand rubbed out all his sins. A quaint man used to carry a little book, which he took very often from his pocket, and which he called his “biography.” It had only three leaves, and there was not a word written on any of them; yet he said the book told the whole story of his life. The first leaf was black: that was his sin; that was his condition by nature. He would shudder when he looked at it. The second was red: that was the blood or Christ; and his face glowed when he gazed upon it. The third was white: that was himself washed in Christ's blood, made whiter than snow. His book told the whole story of every redeemed life. Between the black of our sins and the white of redemption must always come the red of Christ's blood.

God Will Help Us by Peter Kennedy
“The LORD said to him, ‘Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say.’” – Exodus 4:11-12
Watchman Nee was a Christian leader in China in the early 20th century. He tells the story of his stay in a Chinese accommodation with twenty other Christians. The bathing areas were inadequate in the home where they were lodging, so they went for a daily dip in the river. On one occasion, one of the men got a cramp in his leg and began sinking fast. Watchman motioned to one of the other men, who was an excellent swimmer, about the drowning man. To his astonishment, however, the man did not move. He just stood there and watched the drowning man. Watchman was agitated, but the swimmer was calm and collected. Meanwhile, the voice of the drowning man grew fainter and more desperate. Watchman hated the swimmer who just stood and watched on the shore when he could have jumped into the river and rescued the drowning man. As the drowning man went under for what looked like the last time, the swimmer was there in a moment, and both were soon safely on shore. After the rescue, Watchman chewed out the swimmer, accusing him of loving his life too much and being selfish. The response of the swimmer revealed, however, he knew what he was doing. He told Watchman that if he had gone too soon, the drowning man would have put a death grip on him and they would have both drowned in the river, and he was right. He told Watchman that a drowning man cannot be saved until he is utterly exhausted and ceases to make the slightest effort to save himself. Such is the case us. The Lord can step in and help us only when we stop struggling on our own and yield to Him.
Today in prayer, give thanks to the Lord that He helps us when we yield our will to Him.
“When we can't piece together the puzzle of our own lives, remember the best view of a puzzle is from above. Let Him help put you together.” – Terri Guillemets
God’s Word: “In my distress I called to the LORD; I cried to my God for help. From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears.” – Psalm 18:6

Thinning Out by Allan Smith
2 Corinthians 7:1 – Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God. (NKJV)
The company that owns the forest behind my son's country property has been actively cutting down trees, which I thought was a shame, the bit of a tree hugger that I am. But what they are doing is thinning out the forest, so that the remaining trees can receive more sunlight, resulting in healthier growth. Unwanted debris, which could deter growth, is also removed from the forest floor. The workers carefully use an old, traditional method of hauling the logs out of the forest, utilizing horses and ropes. This is done to minimize damage to the forest itself.
In my walk with Lord over the years, I've experienced some thinning, too. Attitudes, erroneous beliefs, and destructive habits have been stripped away one by one by the operation of the Holy Spirit. Following the thinning process in my journey with God, I discovered that His anointing in my life increased, and I was able to minister to others more effectively. During this thinning, I felt that God was being very patient and careful not to destroy my spirit, just like the company's gentle approach to forest management. It was a slow and carefully induced process in my life.
However, I haven't always been patient in disciplining others. Unlike the Lord, I expected too much thinning too soon in the person's walk, and met with failure to keep the person on the Lord's path. They couldn't walk the walk, they told me.
James 5:7 – Therefore be patient, brethren, until the coming of the Lord. See how the farmer waits for the precious fruit of the earth, waiting patiently for it until it receives the early and latter rain. (NKJV)
Are you willing to allow some thinning in your life walk, by the Holy Spirit? The Father is willing and compassionate to assist us, no matter what stage of life or faith walk we are presently in. Perhaps we are helping a brother or sister who is new in the faith. If so, let us be careful as the Lord uses us in the thinning process in their spiritual walk.
Prayer: Father God, we thank You for Your longsuffering to bring us first to salvation and then to mature us through Your thinning process. Help us to be compassionate in dealing with others along the way. In Jesus' name, we pray. Amen.

Calling Home by Melinda Clements
Lord, thought I would call home today. It has been a day or two since I’ve talked to you and I guess I just needed to hear your voice. I know sometimes I get busy and caught up in all I have to do and then it dawns on me it has been awhile since we’ve talked.
I know I should call home more often and I know it isn’t right to just call when I need something. I don’t know why that is the case. I love and miss you. Just wanted you to know that. I have no excuse for not calling more often and staying in touch. The blame is all mine. Of course, you already knew that.
I miss you. I know that is my own fault. You always have time and are always there for me and yet it seems I’m out here
doing what I deem necessary and lose sight of what is truly important. I don’t know why I do that either.
I appreciate all you do for me. I can take comfort from the fact you always have time for me. You are always there when I need you. That seems to be more than I ever do for you. If you do nothing else for me I can always be thankful and appreciative that you saved me and I should never forget that.
Lord, I love you. Thank you for always being there for me even when I have no time for you and never touch base or check in. I know I should call more often. I don’t know why I don’t.
Father God, thank you. Thank you for all you are and for loving me even when I don’t take the time to check in or call home. I still have a lot to learn and I’m slowly getting there. Thank you for waiting on me. I’ll try to do better and call home more often. I’ll try to touch base and stay in touch. Lord, I love you.

The Father Won’t Let Us Go by Johnie Akers
John 10:28, “. . . neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.”
Some years ago, on a hot summer day in south Florida, a little boy decided to go for a swim in the old swimming hole behind his house. In a hurry to dive into the cool water, he ran out of the back door, leaving behind shoes, socks, and shirt as he went. He flew into
the water, not realizing that as he swam toward the middle of the lake, an alligator was swimming toward the shore. His father working in the yard saw the two as they got closer and closer together. In utter fear, he ran toward the water, yelling to his son as loudly as he could. Hearing his voice, the little boy became alarmed and made a u-turn to swim to his father. It was too late. Just as he reached his father, the alligator reached him. From the dock, the father grabbed his little boy by the arms just as the alligator snatched his legs. An incredible tug-of-war between the two began. The alligator was much stronger than the father but the father was much too passionate to let go, and dug his nails into the little boy’s arms. A farmer driving by heard the screams of the child, and after retrieving a rifle from his truck, raced to the water’s edge and shot the alligator. Remarkably, after weeks in the hospital, the little boy recovered.
The local newspaper reporter interviewing the boy after the trauma asked if he would show him his scars. The little boy lifted his pant legs and said, “These are the scars from where the alligator tried to pull me under the water.” Then, he rolled up his shirt sleeves and said, “Now look at my arms. These are the scars where my father wouldn’t let me go.”
Each of us is marked. Yes, there are scars we bear in our lives because of poor choices we have made. But if we look closely, there are other marks we have incurred, where a loving sovereign God has refused to let us go. At the time, His grip of grace may seem painful, but it is all for our protection, so that we may be preserved to live, and testify of His tender mercies that He reveals to us with each new day.

What Is Ministry? by John A. Holt
Ministry is...
giving when you feel like keeping,
praying for others when you need to be prayed for,
feeding others when your own soul is hungry,
living truth before people even when you can’t see results,
hurting with other people even when your own hurt can’t be spoken,
keeping your word even when it is not convenient,
it is being faithful when your flesh wants to run away.

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
You will be required to do things that are outside of your comfort zone, but I am with you to help you do difficult things. I will show you the way and give you the wisdom necessary to accomplish all that is necessary. Put aside all fear and dread and face your challenges with bold assurance that you are well able to do all that is required, says the Lord. Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

This is a time when you must persevere. There will be snags and setbacks, but you can gain the victory as long as you refuse to view yourself as a victim or a failure. Don't give up or lose heart. Stay calm. Press on with determination. I am the source of your strength and your ability to do what is set before you. Put your confidence in Me, says the Lord. Psalms 118:8 It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.

The enemy is doing a work against you to cause you to lose hope and become complacent. But, I tell you that your hope is in Me, and I will do all that I have promised. Do not despair, but stand strong in your faith for victory. I will give you the strength to overcome all adversity, says the Lord. Be strong and resolute. Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

You are about to throw out the proverbial baby with the bath water. But, I tell you that you need to exercise patience and make small adjustments that will be consistent with flowing in the Spirit, says the Lord. Overdoing correction is the result of being out of control emotionally. Settle down, and trust Me to give you the wisdom to do the right thing for the right reasons. Ephesians 4:26 "Be angry, and do not sin": do not let the sun go down on your wrath.

Beloved, rejoice in small victories and little breakthroughs, for they are signs of a greater triumph. Your praise will be like a seed sown in good ground that will grow into a rousing shout of joy, says the Lord. Your faith will also grow as you recognize and appreciate the small steps of progression instead of waiting for the final outcome to give thanks. Gratitude is a mighty weapon against discouragement and defeat. Psalms 5:11 But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
I speak a word of encouragement to you, My children. Do you not know that I see your trials? Do you not know that I see your struggles? I have seen you in those trials and tribulations, and I am increasing your strength and power in these days. I am giving you an anointing, the anointing of breakthrough. I will come and deliver you and bring you to victory. I always bring you to a place of triumph. Lift up the hands that hang down, and strengthen your feeble knees. Gird yourself for battle, put on your armor, and go forth, for the battle is Mine, and I will surely bring victory if you will but believe. Arise and strengthen yourself in Me, then I shall undertake on your behalf. I will rout the enemy even as I have from days of old. You will gain the victory, says the Lord. Only believe!

GOD IS ALWAYS NEAR Author Unknown
One thing can always cheer me
When I'm feeling sad and low
When I tired of daily trials
That I have to undergo,
When those who should
Seem closest, seem like
People I don't know,
I know that God is near me.
When I do not understand
How pain and sadness
In our lives
Can get so out of hand,
When the best of human efforts
Doesn't meet the days demands,
I know that God is always near me.
More than anything I've known
And show me I will never
Have to struggle on my own
For no matter what might happen
I will never be alone
The thing that will always cheer me
Is just knowing God is near me.
Our lives are in God's loving
Hands, in everything we do
He is with us constantly,
He always sees us through.
And if our faith is strong enough
We'll never walk alone,
For with His great and perfect love
He takes care of His own.

Perfect Love by Nancy Burr
When I think of you Lord,
Amazing comes to mind.
But truly that is not enough,
So the perfect word I’ll find.
There’s Awesome and so Beautiful,
Most Worthy One above
But they too do not say enough
About the One I Love.
You’re Wonderful, You’re Saving Grace,
Messiah and The King.
You’re Everlasting, Prince of Peace,
And You are Everything.
But all the names that come to mind,
There’s not one perfect one.
That describes just who You are,
And the perfect things You’ve done.
I guess You’re indescribable,
That is who You are!
You are way more perfect
Than any word so far.
So as I sit and think of You
I think this is not right!
There has to be a perfect word
Oh Lord what can I write?
You’re perfect and your loving
Yes, you are Perfect Love!
You’re Love that never fades away
You’re Love sent from above.
Perfect Love is who You are
That’s who You are to me
And I’ll tell everyone I know
That Your Love set me free.

17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17

27 “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. Matthew 10:27

5 Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” 6 So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?” Hebrews 13:5-6

12 Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him. 13 Let no one say when he is tempted, “I am tempted by God”; for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. James 1:12-13

Humility Cures Worldliness
7 Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. 8 Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. 9 Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. 10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. James 4:7-10

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

23 Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, Let not the mighty man glory in his might, Nor let the rich man glory in his riches; 24 But let him who glories glory in this, That he understands and knows Me, That I am the Lord, exercising lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth. For in these I delight,” says the Lord. Jeremiah 9:23-24

P.U.S.H.–Pray Until Something Happens Author Unknown
A man was sleeping at night in his cabin. Suddenly a light filled the room and the Lord appeared. The Lord said, “I have a work for you to do,” and showed him a big rock just outside his cabin door. The Lord explained to the man… “All I want you to do is to push against this rock.” The man did this day after day… week after week… year after year, from sun up to sun down. Each night the man entered his cabin, sore and worn out, feeling that his whole day had been wasted. The devil, seeing his discouragement, entered the picture by giving the man negative thoughts. Satan gave the impression that the work was impossible, and that he was a failure. The man thought about giving up… but decided to pray about it.
“Lord,” he said, “I have worked long and hard in your service, putting all my strength towards all that you have asked me to do… and I have not even managed to budge this rock. Why am I failing?” The Lord responded,“My friend, when I asked you to do this task, you accepted. Your task was to push the rock, and you have done that. Never once did I mention that I expected you to move the rock… Your task was to push… You have not failed me. Look at yourself, your arms and legs are strong. Through opposition you have grown, and your abilities now surpass that which you used to have… Now my friend… I will move the rock.”
There are times we hear a word from God and use our own intellect to decipher what we think He wants, when actually all that he requires is simple obedience and faith in Him. He wants us to exercise the faith that moves mountains… He also wants us to know that it is still God who moves the mountains.
When everything seems to go wrong… just P.U.S.H. When your job gets you down… just P.U.S.H. When your money runs out… just P.U.S.H. When people do not understand you… just P.U.S.H… P=pray… U=until… S=something… H=happens…

Dear God, help us to encourage one another in facing the challenges of daily life. Amen.

Read Through The Bible
1 Chronicles 2
The Family of Israel
1 These were the sons of Israel: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, 2 Dan, Joseph, Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.
>From Judah to David
3 The sons of Judah were Er, Onan, and Shelah. These three were born to him by the daughter of Shua, the Canaanitess. Er, the firstborn of Judah, was wicked in the sight of the Lord; so He killed him. 4 And Tamar, his daughter-in-law, bore him Perez and Zerah. All the sons of Judah were five. 5 The sons of Perez were Hezron and Hamul. 6 The sons of Zerah were Zimri, Ethan, Heman, Calcol, and Dara—five of them in all. 7 The son of Carmi was Achar, the troubler of Israel, who transgressed in the accursed thing. 8 The son of Ethan was Azariah. 9 Also the sons of Hezron who were born to him were Jerahmeel, Ram, and Chelubai. 10 Ram begot Amminadab, and Amminadab begot Nahshon, leader of the children of Judah; 11 Nahshon begot Salma, and Salma begot Boaz; 12 Boaz begot Obed, and Obed begot Jesse; 13 Jesse begot Eliab his firstborn, Abinadab the second, Shimea the third, 14 Nethanel the fourth, Raddai the fifth, 15 Ozem the sixth, and David the seventh. 16 Now their sisters were Zeruiah and Abigail. And the sons of Zeruiah were Abishai, Joab, and Asahel—three. 17 Abigail bore Amasa; and the father of Amasa was Jether the Ishmaelite.
The Family of Hezron
18 Caleb the son of Hezron had children by Azubah, his wife, and by Jerioth. Now these were her sons: Jesher, Shobab, and Ardon. 19 When Azubah died, Caleb took Ephrath as his wife, who bore him Hur. 20 And Hur begot Uri, and Uri begot Bezalel. 21 Now afterward Hezron went in to the daughter of Machir the father of Gilead, whom he married when he was sixty years old; and she bore him Segub. 22 Segub begot Jair, who had twenty-three cities in the land of Gilead. 23 (Geshur and Syria took from them the towns of Jair, with Kenath and its towns—sixty towns.) All these belonged to the sons of Machir the father of Gilead. 24 After Hezron died in Caleb Ephrathah, Hezron’s wife Abijah bore him Ashhur the father of Tekoa.
The Family of Jerahmeel
25 The sons of Jerahmeel, the firstborn of Hezron, were Ram, the firstborn, and Bunah, Oren, Ozem, and Ahijah. 26 Jerahmeel had another wife, whose name was Atarah; she was the mother of Onam. 27 The sons of Ram, the firstborn of Jerahmeel, were Maaz, Jamin, and Eker. 28 The sons of Onam were Shammai and Jada. The sons of Shammai were Nadab and Abishur. 29 And the name of the wife of Abishur was Abihail, and she bore him Ahban and Molid. 30 The sons of Nadab were Seled and Appaim; Seled died without children. 31 The son of Appaim was Ishi, the son of Ishi was Sheshan, and Sheshan’s son was Ahlai. 32 The sons of Jada, the brother of Shammai, were Jether and Jonathan; Jether died without children. 33 The sons of Jonathan were Peleth and Zaza. These were the sons of Jerahmeel. 34 Now Sheshan had no sons, only daughters. And Sheshan had an Egyptian servant whose name was Jarha. 35 Sheshan gave his daughter to Jarha his servant as wife, and she bore him Attai. 36 Attai begot Nathan, and Nathan begot Zabad; 37 Zabad begot Ephlal, and Ephlal begot Obed; 38 Obed begot Jehu, and Jehu begot Azariah; 39 Azariah begot Helez, and Helez begot Eleasah; 40 Eleasah begot Sismai, and Sismai begot Shallum; 41 Shallum begot Jekamiah, and Jekamiah begot Elishama.
The Family of Caleb
42 The descendants of Caleb the brother of Jerahmeel were Mesha, his firstborn, who was the father of Ziph, and the sons of Mareshah the father of Hebron. 43 The sons of Hebron were Korah, Tappuah, Rekem, and Shema. 44 Shema begot Raham the father of Jorkoam, and Rekem begot Shammai. 45 And the son of Shammai was Maon, and Maon was the father of Beth Zur. 46 Ephah, Caleb’s concubine, bore Haran, Moza, and Gazez; and Haran begot Gazez. 47 And the sons of Jahdai were Regem, Jotham, Geshan, Pelet, Ephah, and Shaaph. 48 Maachah, Caleb’s concubine, bore Sheber and Tirhanah. 49 She also bore Shaaph the father of Madmannah, Sheva the father of Machbenah and the father of Gibea. And the daughter of Caleb was Achsah. 50 These were the descendants of Caleb: The sons of Hur, the firstborn of Ephrathah, were Shobal the father of Kirjath Jearim, 51 Salma the father of Bethlehem, and Hareph the father of Beth Gader. 52 And Shobal the father of Kirjath Jearim had descendants: Haroeh, and half of the families of Manuhoth. 53 The families of Kirjath Jearim were the Ithrites, the Puthites, the Shumathites, and the Mishraites. From these came the Zorathites and the Eshtaolites. 54 The sons of Salma were Bethlehem, the Netophathites, Atroth Beth Joab, half of the Manahethites, and the Zorites. 55 And the families of the scribes who dwelt at Jabez were the Tirathites, the Shimeathites, and the Suchathites. These were the Kenites who came from Hammath, the father of the house of Rechab.

Loving God, teach us to share your love and light to those around us whom we find difficult. Remind us that they too are your children and worthy of your grace. Amen.

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply