Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-11-2015, 07:30 AM   #16
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 11

Isaiah 12:5-6 (NIV) Sing to the Lord, for He has done great things; let this be known to all the world. Shout aloud and sing for joy...

Thought: Don't keep a lid on the light of the world.

Matthew 4:3-4 — The tempter came to him and said, "If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become bread."
Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Jesus was able to resist all the devil's temptations because he not only knew Scripture, but he also obeyed it. Ephesians 6:17 says that God's Word is a sword to use in spiritual combat. Knowing Bible verses is an important step in helping us resist the devil's attacks, but we must also obey the Bible. Note that Satan had memorized Scripture, but he failed to obey it. Knowing and obeying the Bible helps us follow God's desires rather than the devil's.

In him was life, and that life was the light of men. The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not overcome it. —John 1:4-5

Micah 7:18 NIV Who is a God like you, who pardons sin and forgives the transgression of the remnant of his inheritance? You do not stay angry forever but delight to show mercy.

Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong.And do everything with love. 1 Corinthians 16:13

John 1:1-10
The Word Became Flesh

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

There was a man sent from God whose name was John. He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light.

The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2015, 10:19 AM   #17
dwmoeller

But the angel said to her, "You will be with child and give birth to a son and you are to give him the name Jesus." - Luke 1:30-31

Thought: God's courier carried no locked briefcase, but a message that would open the way to eternal life.

Dave

dwmoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dwmoeller For Sharing:
Old 12-12-2015, 03:56 AM   #18
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 12

Do not hide your face from your servant; answer me quickly, for I am in trouble. Come near and rescue me; redeem me because of my foes. —Psalm 69:17-18

Galatians 4:4-5 - 4 But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, 5 to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship.

Psalm 119:9 How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.

Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm. Ephesians 6:13

Acts 15:7-9 (NIV) - After much discussion, Peter got up and addressed them: “Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith.
Old 12-13-2015, 08:16 AM   #19
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 13

Today’s Scripture: II Thessalonians 2:11-12 (NLT): So God will cause them to be greatly deceived, and they will believe these lies. Then they will be condemned for enjoying evil rather than believing the truth.

Today’s Thought: God always wins! It may not look like it sometimes but He always does. We are on the winning side. Let’s act like it!

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for Your Word. Thank You that we can always beat the devil. Help me to live in a way that will show others how powerful You are! In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

When you are harvesting in your field and you overlook a sheaf, do not go back to get it. Leave it for the alien, the fatherless and the widow, so that the LORD your God may bless you in all the work of your hands. —Deuteronomy 24:19

10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows. 11 But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. 1 Timothy 6:10-11

I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:27

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV) - For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

So we must listen very carefully to the truth we have heard, or we may drift away from it. Hebrews 2:1

"Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift." 2 Corinthians 9:15

Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings. - Psalm 63:7
Old 12-14-2015, 06:08 AM   #20
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 14

Today’s Scripture: II Thessalonians 2:13 (NLT): As for us, we can’t help but thank God for you, dear brothers and sisters loved by the Lord. We are always thankful that God chose you to be among the first to experience salvation—a salvation that came through the Spirit who makes you holy and through your belief in the truth.

Today’s Thought: It is an awesome thought to know that we are loved by the King of Kings. Let’s live our lives as royalty.

Today’s Prayer: Lord, thank You for loving me. Help to live my life as You see me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Romans 11:36 — For from him and through him and for him are all things. To him be the glory forever! Amen.

All of life is for God's glory. All of history, all of creation, all of our own lives are for God's glory. Life is not about us. Work, play, church, worship, my life — none of it is about "me" — it is about God! We did not choose to be born, but we can choose to spend our lives so that God is glorified.

2 John 5:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Isaiah 9:2 (NIV) The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land in the shadow of death a light has dawned.

Thought: Jesus = hope.

He grants a treasure of common sense to the honest. He is a shield to those who walk with integrity. - Proverbs 2:7

"Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Isaiah 1:18
Old 12-15-2015, 07:25 AM   #21
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 15

Today’s Scripture: II Thessalonians 2:14 (NLT): He called you to salvation when we told you the Good News; now you can share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Today’s Thought: We need to share the good news with everyone we come in contact with. It might not necessarily mean preaching at them. It might be living your life in a way that is upright. Are you living an upright life?

Today’s Prayer: Lord, help me to live an upright life so that everyone can see You through me. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

Isaiah 9:1 (NIV) There will be no more gloom for those who were in distress.

Thought: Breathe. The blessing of the Lord is here.

God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. - 1 Peter 4:10

He had to be made like his brothers in every way, in order that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in service to God, and that he might make atonement for the sins of the people. —Hebrews 2:17

Luke 1:30-33 - 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

For who is God besides the Lord? And who is the Rock except our God? Psalm 18:31

2 Corinthians 4:6 (NIV) - For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of God’s glory displayed in the face of Christ.
Old 12-16-2015, 04:41 AM   #22
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 16

Hebrews 13:20-21 — Now may the God of peace, who through the blood of the eternal covenant brought back from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep, equip you with everything good for doing his will, and may he work in us what is pleasing to him, through Jesus Christ, to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

Here are two significant results of Christ's death and resurrection. God works in us to make us the kind of people that would please him, and he equips us to do the kind of work that would please him. Let God change you from within and then use you to help others.

Because he himself suffered when he was tempted, he is able to help those who are being tempted. —Hebrews 2:18

46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord, 47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. 48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed. 49 For he that is mighty hath done to me great things; and holy is his name. Luke 1:46-49

So if we have enough food and clothing, let us be content. 1 Timothy 6:8

Luke 18:27 Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."

Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. Romans 5:1

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Whatever is good and perfect comes down to us from God our Father, who created all the lights in the heavens. He never changes or casts a shifting shadow. - James 1:17
Old 12-17-2015, 09:07 AM   #23
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 17

Isaiah 9:6 (NIV) For to us a child is born, to us a son is given...

Thought: You have a heavenly family. Jesus is the invitation.

Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:" Isaiah 55:6

I delight greatly in the Lord;
my soul rejoices in my God.
For he has clothed me with garments of salvation
and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness,
as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest,
and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.
Isaiah 61:10
Old 12-18-2015, 06:10 AM   #24
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 18

Isaiah 9:6b (NIV) ...He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Thought: You can also call him Friend.

For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16

Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins to rescue us from the present evil age... —Galatians 1:3-4

Numbers 6:25 The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:

Luke 1:68-70 - 68 “Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come to his people and redeemed them. 69 He has raised up a horn[a] of salvation for us in the house of his servant David 70 (as he said through his holy prophets of long ago),

Hebrews 13:5 Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

One thing I ask from the Lord, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. Psalm 27:4

Isaiah 25:9 In that day they will say, "Surely this is our God; we trusted in him, and he saved us. This is the LORD, we trusted in him; let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation."

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Proverbs 18:10
Old 12-19-2015, 06:28 AM   #26
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 19

Psalms 1:1 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

Fear of the LORD leads to life, bringing security and protection from harm. Proverbs 19:23

Matthew 7:7-12 - Ask, Seek, Knock

“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

“Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.” Genesis 1:29

Isaiah 40:3-5 (NIV) - A voice of one calling: “In the wilderness prepare the way for the Lord; make straight in the desert a highway for our God. Every valley shall be raised up, every mountain and hill made low; the rough ground shall become level, the rugged places a plain. And the glory of the Lord will be revealed, and all people will see it together. For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

Isaiah 49:13 Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains! For the LORD comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." Proverbs 3:5
Old 12-20-2015, 08:43 AM   #27
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 20

Jesus replied, "If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask me, and I would give you living water." - John 4:10

Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings. Psalm 63:7

Matthew 6:25-30
Do Not Worry

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

“And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith?

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

"Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness." Isaiah 41:10
Old 12-21-2015, 06:39 AM   #28
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 21

Luke 2:6-7 - 6 While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, 7 and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.

Luke 2:13-18

Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying,

“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.”

When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let’s go to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has told us about.”

So they hurried off and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby, who was lying in the manger. When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them.

A gossip betrays a confidence, but a trustworthy person keeps a secret. Proverbs 11:13

Luke 1:76-77 (NIV) - And you, my child, will be called a prophet of the Most High; for you will go on before the Lord to prepare the way for him, to give his people the knowledge of salvation through the forgiveness of their sins,

Luke 1:32-33 - 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end."
Old 12-22-2015, 05:30 AM   #29
bluidkiti
Administrator

December 22

Command them [the rich] to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share. —1Timothy 6:18

Psalms 124:8 Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

Luke 2:8-11 - 8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord.

Matthew 1:18-21
Joseph Accepts Jesus as His Son

This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly.

But after he had considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens. Ecclesiastes 3:1

Luke 1:68 "Praise be to the Lord, the God of Israel, because he has come and has redeemed his people.
Post New ThreadReply