Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - September 14

Each one of us is important to God.

Ask God to open the hearts of those who need to know Jesus Christ.

We are always useful to God.

What God offers is more certain than anything any human plan could bring us.

Listen for God's quiet voice in loud places.

Our God often speaks in a still, quiet voice that can easily be missed unless we listen patiently in the midst of life's distractions.

When I am weak, God demonstrates strength.

Know that God is strong and is able to carry us through.

Walking through a park, I passed a massive oak tree. A vine had grown up along its trunk. The vine started small--nothing to bother about. But over the years the vine had gotten taller and taller. By the time I passed, the entire lower half of the tree was covered by the vine's creepers. The mass of tiny feelers was so thick that the tree looked as though it had innumerable birds' nests in it.
Now the tree was in danger. This huge, solid oak was quite literally being taken over; the life was being squeezed from it. But the gardeners in that park had seen the danger.
They had taken a saw and severed the trunk of the vine--one neat cut across the middle. The tangled mass of the vine's branches still clung to the oak, but the vine was now dead. That would gradually become plain as weeks passed and the creepers began to die and fall away from the tree. How easy it is for sin, which begins so small and seemingly insignificant, to grow until it has a strangling grip on our lives. And yet, Christ's death has cut the power of sin.
Yes, the "creepers" of sin still cling and have some effect. But sin's power is severed by Christ, and gradually, sin's grip dries up and falls away. By J. Alistair Brown

Recognize God’s Voice
I recognize God’s voice like I do the voice of anyone I talk to a lot. A new friend is going to have to identify herself the first few times she calls me, but then I’ll recognize her voice and the kinds of things she talks about.
Suppose Mary loves shopping and hates baseball. If someone calls up and says, “Hey, it’s Mary. Wasn’t that a great baseball game?” I’d know it is someone other than Mary, because that’s just not what Mary is into.
It’s like that with God, too. I recognize Him by the way He talks to me and what He says. If what I’m hearing doesn’t sound like His personality and character, then I know it can’t be Him talking. That’s why people who want to hear from God need to develop an in-depth knowledge of the Bible. It’s there we find out what He loves, what He hates, what is dear to His heart.
Michelle McKinney Hammond "A Familiar Voice”

Quieted With His Love
As I worked my way through some devotional readings, I came across this passage: The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17) I thought of my life. I thought of what the passage says about God and how He feels about me. He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in me. He will quiet me with his love. He will rejoice over me.
I confess that although I do not know if I fully understand what it means to be quieted by His love, I do know that there is something inside me that says, "I need that, Lord!" As I pondered more, I prayed, "Lord, please quiet me with Your love."
"Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
"Lord, I get loud sometimes. Not so much verbally loud, but my spirit gets loud. My heart gets loud. My mind gets loud. The world around me gets loud and the loudness overwhelms me to the point that everything within me and around me seems to be loud. So, Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
"In these times of unrest and confusion in our nation and world, I need to be quieted by your love, dear Lord. Decisions are being made that may well change the way we live and function as a people. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
"As the years pass more rapidly than my mind can comprehend, I need to be quieted with Your love. I cannot keep up. I try, but I seem to fall farther and farther behind. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
"In times when I fear for my very life and for the lives of my family and friends, I need to be quieted by Your love. In times when my spirit is under attack by the Enemy to such an extent that I begin to wonder if You are still there, I need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
"In times of discouragement when I have failed to live like You have asked me to live, I need to be quieted by Your love. In times of disappointment over dreams that have faded and when other people have failed to live up to my expectations, I need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
"In times of loss and my heart has been broken, I need to be quieted by your love. In times of sadness when a joyful spirit seems too much to consider, I need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
"In times of suffering and pain as the result of another's actions or my own, I need to be quieted by Your love. In times when others are suffering because of my actions and I am helpless to undo what I have done, I need to be quieted by Your love. And they need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
"In times of distress and anxiety over all that I must do, or feel that I must do, I need to be quieted by Your love. In times when life is so loud that I cannot hear my own thoughts, I need to be quieted by Your love. Lord, please quiet me with Your love.
"Unless You quiet me with Your love, dear Lord, my life will surely be filled with noises that may drown Your voice from my ears. Lord, I need to be quieted by Your love.
"When I remind myself that You are with me, when I contemplate Your power, when I consider that You take great delight in me and when I think of You rejoicing over me with singing because of Your love for me, I am quieted. My heart is quieted. My spirit rests.
"Lord, You have quieted me with Your love."
The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17) Tom Norvell

Is There Someone You Need To Forgive?
"... forgiving one another... even as Christ forgave you... " - Colossians 3:13 NKJV
The greatest power you have over anyone who hurts you is the power of forgiveness. When you say, 'I forgive, and no longer hold it against you', both sides are set free from the negative bond that exists between you. But there's more: we also free ourselves from the burden of being the 'offended one'. As long as we don't forgive those who've wounded us we take them with us, or worse, carry them like an albatross around our neck. One of our great temptations is to cling in anger to our enemies, then define ourselves as being wounded by them. Forgiveness, therefore, not only liberates the other party, but it also liberates us! It's the way to true freedom. Now, forgiving doesn't always mean forgetting. Though we forgive somebody, the memory of what they did might stay with us a long time. We can carry it in our emotions as a scar, or even in our bodies as a physical sign. But forgiveness changes how we remember. It turns the curse into a blessing. When we forgive our parents for their divorce, our children for their lack of love, our friends for their unfaithfulness in times of need, our counsellors for their bad advice, or our boss for treating us unfairly, we no longer have to experience ourselves as the victims of events over which we have no control. Forgiveness allows us to take back our power and not let the events embitter, limit or destroy us. Is there someone you need to forgive? Bob Gass

Wonder And Worship
"Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at His footstool... " - Psalm 99:5 NKJV
Never lose your sense of wonder, or you'll lose your motivation for worship. Unless you believe God is all-powerful, ever-present and approachable, you'll live in a state of anxiety believing that everything depends on you. You'll shrink from sharing your faith in case you're ridiculed or can't find the right words. You'll fail to be generous because the source of your security is in yourself. You'll avoid confronting those who need it, because without the certainty of God's acceptance you become a slave to people's opinions.
We live in a cynical age that discourages wonder. We've diminished the marvel and awe, yet deep down we still ache for it. When you shrink your concept of God to fit your own rationale, you pray without faith, work without passion, serve without joy, and suffer without hope. And the result is fear, retreat and loss of vision. But there's one thing that's guaranteed to restore your understanding of how big and wonderful God is - worship. God created us so that when we experience something awe-inspiring we need to praise it, to wrap words around it. We don't worship God because He needs it, but because we do. Without worship our perception of Him is incomplete; we forget how great He is; we overlook our calling and become self-involved. We lose our sense of wonder and gratitude by plodding through life with blinkers on, and we become self-reliant, stubborn and proud. So, each day let us pause and say with the Psalmist, 'Exalt the Lord our God, and worship at His footstool... '(Psalm 99:5 NKJV) The Vine

MERCY
There was a young man in Napoleon's army who committed a deed so terrible that it was worthy of death. The day before he was scheduled for the firing squad, the young man's mother went to Napoleon and pleaded for mercy for her son.
Napoleon replied, "Woman, your son does not deserve mercy"
"I know," she answered. "If he deserved it, then it would not be mercy"
"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion, blot out my transgressions." Psalm 51:1
"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 Author Unknown

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
Beloved, bolster your faith by making a clear and concise connection to the truth of My Word. Refuse to allow the devil to gain any advantage over you. You have nothing in him and he has nothing in you because you belong to Me. You are My beloved, and I am yours. I will cause you to triumph over the work of the enemy. Put your complete trust in Me, says the Lord. Romans 10:17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

This is another season of new beginnings, and in order to enter in you must leave the past completely behind. However, for many of you it seems like the past won't let go of you! This is a spiritual condition in which you must deliberately cut off those things that seem to hold you back by removing yourself emotionally and mentally from the ties that bind. Freedom awaits; go forth with new hope and joy, says the Lord. Galatians 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.

I had a vision of logs floating down a river and getting jammed up in a narrow place, and the Lord said: Many of you, My people, are finding yourself in a tight spot and instead of continuing in the flow of My Spirit, your emotions are causing you to get jammed up and unable to move. Fear and rejection will have a paralyzing effect on your body and soul. You must come to a place of trust in Me before peace can be restored. Do not be afraid. Isaiah 41:13 For I, the LORD your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’

I kept hearing in my spirit the word "clearinghouse". I asked the Lord what He was trying to show me, and He said: I am your clearinghouse. You do not have to rely on worldly systems to collect and distribute information or assistance to achieve your purposes. I already know all things about you; I see your heart, and I know what you need. You can trust Me for help to get what you need according to My divine plan and purposes. Do not worry about your future; it is in My hands. Psalms 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

The Trumpet by Bill Burns
"Set the trumpet to your mouth!" Hosea 8:1
Rise up, My people, and take your position on the new foundation that I have established for you in this season, says the Lord. I put into your hand today a broom that you may begin by sweeping off the ashes of the wood, the hay, the stubble, so that your foundation can be swept clean; so that you will begin again in this season to build with precious gems, gold, and silver. For I have determined to have a house in the end of the age that is without spot and without wrinkle. It will be a house filled with all the glory of My purposes and the glory of My presence; a house in which people can be healed; a house in which people can receive revelation. It will be a house on which the glory of the Father will come for those in the world to see, and they will know absolutely that there is still a God in Heaven who cares, a God who speaks, and a God who does. So arise now to your station. This foundation, My people, is higher than any you have known before. It has even been called the New Plateau. It is the plateau of My purposes. It is the table of the Lord. It is a habitation where I will come and dine with My people. I'll come in this season, and I will prove My kingdom not only to the Church, but to the world itself, says the Glorious One.

BLESSINGS THAT COME EACH DAY Author Unknown
Always remember to forget
the things that made you sad,
But never forget to remember
the things that made you glad
the friend's that proved untrue,
those that have stuck by you
the troubles that passed away
the blessings that come each day.

NO TIME
Author Unknown
I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.
So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees.
My christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease.
All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer.
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
They'd laugh at me I'd fear.
No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to souls in need
But at last the time to die.
I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in His hands God held a book;
It was the Book of Life.
God looked into his book and said
"Your name I cannot find.
I once was going to write it down . . .
But never found the time"

24 When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet. 25 Do not be afraid of sudden terror, Nor of trouble from the wicked when it comes; 26 For the LORD will be your confidence, And will keep your foot from being caught. 27 Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due, When it is in the power of your hand to do so. Proverbs 3:24-27

The Enduring Word
22 Since you have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit in sincere love of the brethren, love one another fervently with a pure heart, 23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever, 24 because “All flesh is as grass, And all the glory of man[f] as the flower of the grass. The grass withers, And its flower falls away, 25 But the word of the LORD endures forever.” Now this is the word which by the gospel was preached to you. 1 Peter 1:22-25

I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death. Philippians 3:10

With the tongue we praise our Lord and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in God's likeness. Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be. James 3:9-10

Jesus Christ was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification. Romans 4:25

Let everyone be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to anger. James 1:19

God is our shelter and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. Psalm 46:1

Crossing Over
The story is told of Bishop Warren Chandler, after whom the school of theology at Emory University was named. As he lay on his death bed, a friend inquired as to whether or not he was afraid. "Please tell me frankly," he said, "do you fear crossing over the river of death?"
"Why," replied Chandler, "I belong to a father who owns the land on both sides of the river."
In life, in death, in life beyond death, God is with us. That is our great salvation hope. I want you to know that God cares if you are immobilized by some fear in your life. He cares because that fear is intruding upon His destiny for you. It is perfect love that casts out fear. At the foot of the cross you can lean back into the arms of an ever-loving and gracious God and echo the words of the old hymn: "God will take care of you, He will take care of you." Brett Blair

PRAYING FROM THE HEART
Today's thought is a prayer is entitled "Psalm of Single-mindedness" and was written by Joe Bayly:
Lord of reality, make me real, not plastic, synthetic, pretend, phony, an actor playing out his part - hypocrite. I don't want to keep a prayer list - but to pray, Nor agonize to find Your will - but to obey what I already know,
I don't want to argue theories of inspiration - but to submit to Your Word. I don't want to explain the difference between eros and philos and agape - but to love. I don't want to sing as if I mean it - I want to mean it. I don't want to tell it like it is - but to be like You want it. I don't want to think another needs me - but I need him, else I'm not complete. I don't want to tell others how to do it - but to do it; I don't want to have to be always right - but to admit it when I'm wrong. I don't want to be a census taker - but an obstetrician Nor an involved person, a professional - but a friend. I don't want to be insensitive - but to hurt where other people hurt Nor to say "I know how you feel" - but to say, "God knows" and "I'll try if you'll be patient with me" and meanwhile I'll be quiet. I don't want to scorn the clichés of others - but to mean everything I say Including this. "And this I pray, that your love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that you may approve the things that are excellent, that you may be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ." (Philippians 1:9-10) Alan Smith

Read Through The Bible
Psalm 104
1 Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty. 2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain: 3 Who layeth the beams of his chambers in the waters: who maketh the clouds his chariot: who walketh upon the wings of the wind: 4 Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire: 5 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. 6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. 7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away. 8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them. 9 Thou hast set a bound that they may not pass over; that they turn not again to cover the earth. 10 He sendeth the springs into the valleys, which run among the hills. 11 They give drink to every beast of the field: the wild asses quench their thirst. 12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches. 13 He watereth the hills from his chambers: the earth is satisfied with the fruit of thy works. 14 He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and herb for the service of man: that he may bring forth food out of the earth; 15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart. 16 The trees of the Lord are full of sap; the cedars of Lebanon, which he hath planted; 17 Where the birds make their nests: as for the stork, the fir trees are her house. 18 The high hills are a refuge for the wild goats; and the rocks for the conies. 19 He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down. 20 Thou makest darkness, and it is night: wherein all the beasts of the forest do creep forth. 21 The young lions roar after their prey, and seek their meat from God. 22 The sun ariseth, they gather themselves together, and lay them down in their dens. 23 Man goeth forth unto his work and to his labour until the evening. 24 O Lord, how manifold are thy works! in wisdom hast thou made them all: the earth is full of thy riches. 25 So is this great and wide sea, wherein are things creeping innumerable, both small and great beasts. 26 There go the ships: there is that leviathan, whom thou hast made to play therein. 27 These wait all upon thee; that thou mayest give them their meat in due season. 28 That thou givest them they gather: thou openest thine hand, they are filled with good. 29 Thou hidest thy face, they are troubled: thou takest away their breath, they die, and return to their dust. 30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth. 31 The glory of the Lord shall endure for ever: the Lord shall rejoice in his works. 32 He looketh on the earth, and it trembleth: he toucheth the hills, and they smoke. 33 I will sing unto the Lord as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being. 34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. 35 Let the sinners be consumed out of the earth, and let the wicked be no more. Bless thou the Lord, O my soul. Praise ye the Lord.

God, strengthen us to seek the welfare of those around us. Help us to be faithful to all you ask of us. We trust you to be with us as we age. Help us and guide us to take care of ourselves so we can keep alert and serve you as long as we are able. Amen.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply