Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Family and Friends of Alcoholics and Addicts This forum is for families and friends whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking and/or drug abuse.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2019, 05:54 PM   #2
MajestyJo
Super Moderator

Default Struggles with pain.

Quote:
Each Day a New Beginning

November 8

As in the physical world, so in the spiritual world, pain does not "last forever."
--Katherine Mansfield

Each of us struggles with pain and its repercussions; some of us more than others. At times pain seems unending. Sometimes we hang onto the pain in our lives, maybe because we fear even more what's on the other side. The unknown so easily controls us. Right at this moment, each of us can look back on other painful times and feel thankful for what they taught us. The puzzle pieces take on a deeper meaning when we enjoy the gift of perspective. The pain at this moment fits, too, in the bigger picture of our lives. And it will pass. It is passing.

The wisdom of the past tells us that pain enriches us, prepares us to better serve others. We come to know who we are and the specialness of our gifts through the despair that at times encumbers us. An old, wise saying, is, "We are never given more than we can handle."

My pain today is bringing me closer to the woman I'm meant to be. With each breath I'll remember that.
It is important that I remember that my disease is mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical. We may think it is a physical pain, but in truth it may go deeper than the surface or the obvious.

I have to practice the slogan H.A.L.T. on all areas of my recovery. Being spiritual unfit, can cause a lot of pain. Spiritual doesn't mean we have to get religious. In early recovery, I went to meetings and called my sponsor religiously.

Last night I was in pain for the 3rd day in a row. Came downstairs to find a solution. Down being to the 3rd Floor Internet Cafe a glorified name I have given a closed in table and two chairs where you can sit with your phone or your computer and get free WiFi.

Six hours sleep in 3 days not good, then I crash. The best solution is going on line and looking at old posts, I am always given a solution. Meditation helps me to maintain my sanity. I need to go to my God and ask for help to look at what I need to change to release the pain, I look at it as Step 10, or Step 3 would do too. I caan't, my God can, just for today, I choose to let Him.

Love always,

Jo

I share because I care.

MajestyJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Post New ThreadReply