Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search Chat Room

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-01-2020, 07:11 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon23 Bible Verses - August

August 1

For, "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." - Romans 10:13

Jesus promised, "If two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven." (Matthew 18:19 NIV)

Isaiah 58:11 ‘The LORD shall guide you continually, and satisfy your soul in drought, and strengthen your bones: and you shall be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.’

Psalm 37:39 ‘The Lord saves the godly! He is their salvation and their refuge when trouble comes.’

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Proverbs 3:5

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. ?—Romans 8:38-39

Psalm 150:6 NIV Let everything that has breath praise the LORD. Praise the LORD.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2020, 12:24 AM   #2
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 2

I John 1:9 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

O LORD, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth! You have set your glory above the heavens. —Psalm 8:1

Matthew 22:37 NIV Jesus replied: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind."

Psalm 119:114 “You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.”
Old 08-03-2020, 05:32 AM   #3
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 3

Matthew 18:20 20 For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own under*standing. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

For you are all children of God, through faith in Christ Jesus. - Galatians 3:26

Ephesians 2:10 – For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)

"I can do everything through Him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13)
Old 08-04-2020, 07:41 AM   #4
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 4

This is how we know that we live in him and he in us: He has given us of his Spirit. 1 John 4:13

All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true. 2 Timothy 3:16

Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own under*standing. Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, if they will pray and seek me and stop their evil ways, I will hear them from heaven. I will forgive their sin, and I will heal their land." ?—2 Chronicles 7:14

Romans 5:8 8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:54 AM   #5
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 5

John 3:16 “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son.”

“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” (Lamentations 3:22-23)

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. — Jeremiah 29:11

John 1:14 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:37 AM   #6
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 6

Philippians 4:4-7 4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Psalm 37:8 Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret—it leads only to evil.

I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34:4

"Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete" (John 16:24).

Romans 12:2a – Do not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewal of your mind.

Never seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the Lord. Leviticus 19:18
Old 08-07-2020, 06:51 AM   #7
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 7

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will be joyful in God my Savior. Habakkuk 3:17-18

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. (Matthew 7:7 NIV)

Romans 12:11 NIV Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.

Psalm 103:12 12 as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

Isaiah 33:22 “For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; it is he who will save us.”
Old 08-08-2020, 04:05 AM   #8
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 8

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you. -- Ephesians 4:31,32

Psalm 146:6 – God, the Maker of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them — the Lord, who remains faithful forever.

Proverbs 16:3 Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.

1 Corinthians 8:9 9 Be careful, however, that the exercise of your rights does not become a stumbling block to the weak.

Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day he visits us. — 1 Peter 2:12

Romans 10:9-10 9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

Amos 5:7 There are those who turn justice into bitterness and cast righteousness to the ground.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:40 AM   #9
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 9

Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise. Colossians 3:16

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 1 Corinthians 13:4-5

The Lord gives strength to his people. The Lord blesses his people with peace. ?—Psalm 29:11

Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. 1 John 4:11

The grass withers, and the flowers fall away. But the word of the Lord will last forever. 1 Peter 1:24-25

"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. — Matthew 6:19-21
Old 08-10-2020, 06:24 AM   #10
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 10

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

There is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and people. He is the man Christ Jesus. 1 Timothy 2:5

1 John 4:19-21 19 We love because he first loved us. 20 Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen. 21 And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister.

"The LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you." ?—Numbers 6:25

2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
Old 08-11-2020, 05:33 AM   #11
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 11

Romans 12:12 – Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

John 16:33b – In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

Hebrews 13:1-2 1 Keep on loving one another as brothers and sisters. 2 Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Philippians 4:6

But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. — 1 Peter 3:15

Matthew 6:19-21 NIV "Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."
Old 08-12-2020, 07:06 AM   #12
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 12

Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. Psalm 55:22

I will be to you a Father. You will be to me sons and daughters,' says the Lord Almighty." - 2 Corinthians 6:18

John 8:12 – When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

I am the Lord, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? (Jeremiah 32:27 NIV)

Galatians 5:13 For you, dear friends, have been called to live in freedom—not freedom to satisfy your sinful nature, but freedom to serve one another in love.

Luke 18:27 NIV Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."
Old 08-13-2020, 06:17 AM   #13
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 13

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” John 14:6

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

Luke 22:42 42 “Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done.”

Hatred stirs up quarrels, but love covers all offenses. Proverbs 10:12

Isaiah 33:2 2 LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

Ephesians 2:10 “For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.”

Micah 6:8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.
Old 08-14-2020, 05:30 AM   #14
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 14

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. Ephesians 4:29

For whoever does the will of my Father who is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother." - Matthew 12:50

1 Corinthians 10:13 – No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

May the Lord make your love grow and overflow to each other and to everyone else. 1 Thessalonians 3:12
Old 08-15-2020, 06:04 AM   #15
bluidkiti
Administrator

August 15

Isaiah 58:11 The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail.

As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the LORD is proven; He is a shield to all who trust in him. ?—Psalm 18:30

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. — Psalms 105:4

Romans 14:8 “If we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.”
Post New ThreadReply