Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations > Weekly Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Icon24 Weekly Spiritual Meditations - 2/22

God of our life, there are days when the burdens we carry chafe our shoulders and weigh us down; when the road seems dreary and endless, the skies grey and threatening; when our lives have no music in them, and our hearts are lonely, and our souls have lost their courage. Flood the path with light, run our eyes to where the skies are full of promise; tune our hearts to brave music; give us the sense of comradeship with heroes and saints of every age; and so quicken our spirits that we may be able to encourage the souls of all who journey with us on the road of life, to Your honor and glory. --Augustine

We are always in the presence of God. There is never a nonsacred moment! His presence never diminishes. Our awareness of His presence may falter, but the reality of His presence never changes. --Max Lucado

Nothing surprises God. What puzzles us is permitted by our Lord, for reasons too profound to grasp. It is put together in the counsel of His own will so that it fits perfectly into His plan for His glory and for His purposes. --Charles Swindoll

Major changes in us begin on the inside as God works on our attitudes, beliefs and desires; these inner changes lead to faithful actions.

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is God's purpose that prevails.

If we cannot pray, we just talk to God and tell Him our troubles.

May God help us to love ourselves, so that we may learn to love others also.

If we pray, why worry; if we worry, why pray.

Tuning our life to Christ brings unity and peace.

God calls us from a life of aimlessness to a life of purpose.

LIKING YOURSELF
My oldest son loves to smile. In almost every picture of him from infancy to the present day, he has a huge smile on his face. He doesn't just smile for the camera either. I notice that he also smiles at himself in the mirror after he shaves and brushes his teeth. He also shares that smile when he says "good morning" to me in the morning and "I love you" to me at night. He also shares that smile when we joke, laugh, and play. He also shares that smile when he greets all of his friends at school, on the street, and everywhere he sees them. He also shares that smile along with his warm, friendly, and happy spirit with the whole world everyday of his life.
Why does my son spread so much love and joy to the world? Why does his smile light up the days of so many of us? How does he do it in spite of his handicaps and all the difficulties he must daily face? The answer is simple. He likes himself. He likes himself and he loves who he is even with all of his limitations. He enjoys each day God gives him here and delights in sharing his happiness with everyone. He loves life, he loves God, he loves himself, and he loves others.
Norman Vincent Peale said: "It is of practical value to like yourself. Since you must spend so much time with yourself you might as well get some satisfaction out of the relationship." Don't be afraid to like yourself. Don't be afraid to love yourself. Smile in the mirror. Dance in the sunshine. Greet everyone you meet with a grinning face and a cheerful heart. Laugh and be happy in your life. Take pleasure in becoming who you were meant to be just as my son does.
God put you here for a reason and hating yourself isn't a part of it. You are a Child of God. You are a being of light. You are a creator of happiness. You are a smiling messenger of goodness. You were created in love, by love, and to love. Like who you are then, love who you are becoming, and always share that person with the whole world. --Joseph J. Mazzella

KEEPING A CLEAN DESK
The superintendent of a large Christian school was concerned about the disarray he found in so many of the classrooms he visited. Papers were often strewn on the floor, and the students’ desks were surrounded by clutter. Feeling strongly that learning could not take place in such an untidy environment, he decided to take action. He chose one classroom for an experiment, introduced himself to the students and with a smile made this proposition: “Your teacher, principal and I provide a well-equipped classroom for you to enjoy but we need your help in keeping your desks and the classroom orderly. Many of you have crumpled papers inside your desks with books left open and the pages bent. Often there are pencils on the floor under your desks along with other debris. "I would like each of you to clean out your desk today and begin this school year resolving to keep it clean. One day I will return and inspect your desks and the person with the neatest desk will be given this $100 bill. I won’t tell you which day it will be. It will be a surprise. Not even your teacher or the principal will know the day." The children squealed with excitement and began immediately pulling things from their desks, filling the trash baskets with crumpled papers, stacking their books neatly inside their desks, and neatly lining up their pencils and pens. Every morning for the first week, every student checked his or her desk to make sure it was in perfect condition, confident that today would be the day the superintendent returned. The next week, a few boys grew weary of the exercise and returned to their former habits. By the third week, several students remarked, “I doubt if he’ll come back at all. He just said that to make us keep our desks clean.” After two months, no one in the classrooms bothered to inspect their desks and in fact, forgot the superintendent’s promise. Except for one girl. Dutifully, she inspected her desk every morning and several times a day, making sure things were in proper order. For months, she was teased by the other students. “He’s not coming back! Why do you keep looking for him? You look stupid believing that promise, anyway.” Still, she remained quiet, kept her desk in perfect condition and waited. Near the end of the school year, there was a knock on the door and the superintendent entered. Quickly, the students flung open their desks and began frantically to clean them. But the superintendent held up his hand for them to stop. All the students were asked to stand beside their desk at attention while the superintendent inspected each desk. One after another, he rejected them for being unkempt. One boy tried giving excuses but to no avail. Another blamed the teacher for not reminding them. Still another blamed the superintendent for making them wait so long. Finally, the superintendent arrived at the desk of the little girl who confidently displayed her well-kept desk while beaming at the superintendent. After inspecting her desk, he took her by the hand to the front of the classroom and awarded her the $100 bill. “Boys and girls,” he said kindly, “this girl never stopped believing I would return so she kept her desk in perfect order. She didn’t need to worry about what day or even what time of day I would arrive because she was always ready. Always.
"And that is how it will be when Jesus returns for His own. We don’t know the day or the hour but if our hearts are always kept free from sin, we will always be ready for Him. Let your hearts be like the well-kept desk of this faithful little girl who never stopped looking, never tired of waiting and made sure she was always ready.” Even so come, Lord Jesus. --Mariane Holbrook

Braids
When I was a child my mom braided my hair in two pigtails every day, all summer long. They kept my hair in place, alleviating strands of hair flying hither and yonder.
Webster’s dictionary defines a braid as an interweaving of three strands.
People are made of three strands to their being. There is the body, spirit and soul. They are interwoven and intermingled just as tightly as we choose them to be. We need to tend to each of these areas diligently, for balance is the KEY for all that God has planned for us. We must attempt to be healthy in body, spirit and soul. It is a goal worth striving for. In the Bible, in the book of Thessalonians (5:23 b) Paul admonishes those believers to keep their spirit, soul and body strong and blameless. He is emphasizing that these three are integral parts of each person, and must be under the leadership of the Lord.
The next time you braid you daughter or granddaughters’ hair, or see a little girl in the mall or skipping down the sidewalk with braids or pig tails, remember God wants you to try to keep the three areas of your life in balance - that is His plan. --Marion Smith

"...forgiving one another [readily and freely], as God in Christ forgave you." —Ephesians 4:32
When we hold things against people, are we really hurting them? Isn't it really ourselves we are hurting?
Jesus frequently spoke of the need to forgive others. If we are to walk the narrow path, we will have to learn to be quick to forgive. The quicker we forgive, the easier it is. We must do it before the problem gets rooted in our emotions. It will be much more difficult to pull out if it has long, strong roots.
Holding grudges against other people does not change them, but it does change us. It makes us sour, bitter, miserable, and difficult to be around. When we think we are holding a grudge, it is actually the grudge that is holding us. It is Satan's deceptive way of keeping us in bondage. He wants us to think we are getting even, that we are protecting ourselves from being hurt again.
None of that is true!
I want to encourage you to ask God for grace to forgive anyone against whom you are holding a grudge. Determine from this point on to keep your heart and life free from this negative emotion.
God has a great plan for your life, but you will only enter into it by staying on the narrow path.
Say This: "I choose to follow Jesus' example by forgiving others. Therefore, I enter into a new realm of peace and enjoyment of life." --Joyce Meyer

When to Pray by William C. Brownson
Are any . . . suffering? They should pray. Are any cheerful? They should sing . . . (v. 13)
James wants a faith "for all seasons," a relationship with God that touches every situation. Here's the word from God he brings us today: "Are any among you suffering? They should pray. Are any among you cheerful, they should sing praise."
Whatever pain or trouble you may be bearing, bring it to God in prayer. You'll be in good company. Listen to the anguished cries of the psalmist, "All who see me mock me
. . . I am in despair." Or Jeremiah, the weeping prophet: "They have dug a pit to take me, and laid snares for my feet." Best of all, listen to our Lord, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"
What about when you're cheerful, when the sun is bright and all is well? Sing God's praises. Celebrate his goodness. If we're tempted in adversity to renounce God, we're tempted even more in prosperity to forget him. The psalmist put it well: "It is a good thing to give thanks to the Lord."
What's the message? In our worst hours and our best ones -- and in all those in between -- let's lift our hearts to the One who is our help and our exceeding joy. God is the strength of our hearts and our portion forever.
Lord, teach us in all of life to pour out our hearts before you.

The Center of God's Will
"The safest place in the world is to be in the center of God's will."
Those were the words of a woman has spend most of her life sharing the love of Jesus Christ in a culture so different from ours that most of us who were listening to her story could not imagine living the life she described. She has moved into a culture where life-threatening experiences were the norm, the language was completely unfamiliar, and where the customs and way of life was completely different from anything she had ever known. By following God's lead she has seen and experienced His power, His mercy, and His protection. As she told her story she stated with great confidence that, "The safest place in the world is to be in the center of God's will."
Let that thought sink in: "The safest place in the world is to be in the center of God's will."
When one reads the Scriptures or studies the lives of the faithful from the pages of God's Word, it would be difficult to argue anything else. Throughout the pages of the Bible you read of men and women who lived through difficult times, survived seemingly impossible situations, left the familiar for the unknown endured life-threatening conditions, and some lost their life for their mission. They were in the center of God's will.
For this seventy-five year old woman there is no doubt the safest place in the world is to be in the center of God's will. Scripture confirms it as true. What about you? Do you believe that the safest place in the world is to be in the center of God's will? Do you agree that the safest place in the world is to be in the center of God's will?
To reverse the thought is also: if the safest place in the world is to be in the center of God's will, then the most dangerous place in the world is to be out of God's will.
It's a serous matter which leads to a very serious question: How do I know if I am at the center of God's will?
A similar question was posed to Jesus by the religious leaders of His day. They asked it in a different way, and their motives were not so pure, but their desire to know and be in God's will was just real as ours. They asked, "Which is the most important of all the commands?" Or, "How do I know I am at the center of God's will?" His answer stunned and silenced them: Love God with all your heart and soul and mind and strength. Then, love your neighbor as yourself." He went on to say, "All the others hang on these two." (Matthew 22:34-40)
There's our answer. Love God above all else. Love people as much as you love yourself. Love God with your whole heart, and love people like God loves them. If we live like that we can have confidence that we are at the center of God's will, and thus be in the safest place in the world.
Want to feel safe? Love God and love people. Want to be confident that you are doing God's will? Love God and love people. Want to live a life that has meaning and purpose and value? Love God and love people.
A life lived that pleases God and lived to love people is a life lived on the edge, a life filled with adventure, and perhaps a life of danger. But, it is also life at the center of God's will.
We can life that kind life. We can enjoy that kind of life. We can enjoy it. Then, we can share that kind of life.
Let's do it! Let's live in the safest place in the world...the center of God's will. --Tom

Small Straws In A Soft Wind by Marsha Burns
I am calling you up here, says the Lord. But, you must let go of the things that keep you earthbound. Release yourself from the anchors that prevent your soaring in the Spirit, and come on up! You can do this by being done with double-mindedness and division, which is disunity of soul and spirit. Rise up and become one with Me and enjoy the benefits of unity. Ephesians 4:1b-6 ...walk worthy of the calling with which you were called, with all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

These are the days of the *rite of passage as you come higher into new realms of glory. But, rest assured, My beloved, that I have thoroughly equipped and prepared you for this transition. I have left nothing undone in making you ready for the days ahead. You may not feel ready, but your preparedness does not depend upon your emotions; it is based on the work that I have done in you. And, I have done a good work, says the Lord. Philippians 1:6 Be confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ. *Rite of passage: An event or act that marks a significant transition in a human life.

Put your trust in Me. Cast your cares on Me, says the Lord. You must unburden yourself of all worry and fear. Let go of those concerns that weigh you down -- things you have no direct control over at this time. Have faith that I will perform My word in your life and bring you through to your divine purpose. Rest in the assurance that I can do what you cannot. Release yourself into the perfect peace that goes beyond your understanding into the realm of faith and dependence on My promises and goodness. You will not be disappointed at the results. Matthew 6:27 "Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?"

Stand solidly on your firm foundation of My Word, for the enemy will use those who are given to presumption and fantasy to both flatter and entice you away from what you know in your heart to be right and true. Exercise your discernment and you will be able to separate truth from fiction. Refuse to allow your emotions to lead you into error. Carefully evaluate the source and credibility of every too-good-to-be-true offer, and seek Me for truth and wisdom, says the Lord. 2 Peter 2:18 For when they speak great swelling words of emptiness, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through lewdness, the ones who have actually escaped from those who live in error.

Be alert to fresh wisdom and new revelation that will change the complexion of your plans and intentions. Truly I am opening doors that no man can shut, and I am shutting doors that no man can open. If you will follow My leading instead of your own lusts and desires, I will elevate your understanding and give you the ability to go far beyond where you thought you could go. Be flexible enough to break out of old, established ruts and move into the realm of new possibilities, says the Lord. Revelation 3:8 "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied My name.

The Way
"It's happening. It's working ~
My Lord's blessed plan.
I follow the path carved...
by His Loving Hands.
I've listened. I've heard it ~
His Guidance, His Care.
In quiet and stillness,
His assurance is there.
I see it so clearly -
His Way in my view.
Life in Divine Order...
My God leads me through."
Virginia Santoro 2001

The Vessel
"The Master was picking a vessel to use;
On His shelves there were many - which one would He choose?
"Take me," cried the gold one, "I'm shiny and bright,
I am of great value; I do things just right.
My beauty and luster will outshine the rest.
For someone like You, Master, gold would be best!"
The Master passed on, with no word at all;
He looked at a silver urn, narrow and tall;
"I'll serve You, dear Master. I'll pour out Your wine.
I'll be at Your table whenever You dine.
My lines are so graceful, my carvings so true,
The silver I'm made of will compliment You."
Unheeding the Master passed on to the brass,
It was wide-mouthed and shallow and polished like glass.
"Here! Here!" cried the vessel, "I know I will do,
Place me on Your table for all men to view."
"Look at me," called the goblet of crystal so clear,
"My transparency shows my contents are quite dear.
Although I am fragile, I will serve You with pride,
I am sure I'll be happy in Your house to abide."
The Master came next to a vessel of wood,
Polished and carved, it solidly stood.
"You may use me," dear Master, the wooden bowl said,
"But I'd rather You used me for fruit, not for bread!"
Then the Master looked down, saw a vessel of clay.
It was empty and broken where it helplessly lay.
No hope had the vessel the Master might choose,
To cleanse it, to fill it, make it whole, fit for use.
"Ah!" said the Master, "This vessel I choose.
I will mend it and fill it and put it to use.
I need not the vessel with pride in its self;
Nor the one who is narrow to sit on the shelf;
Nor the one who is big-mouthed and shallow and loud;
Nor one who displays his contents so proud;
Nor the one who thinks he can do all things just right;
But this plain earthy vessel filled with My power and might.
He then gently lifted the vessel of clay,
To mend it and cleanse it, He filled it that day.
He spoke to it kindly, "There's work you must do,
Just pour out to others as I pour into you."
Author Unknown

12Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. 13When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14but each one is tempted when, by his own evil desire, he is dragged away and enticed. 15Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death. 16Don't be deceived, my dear brothers. 17Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. 18He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created. James 1:12-18

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace. Acts 20:24

20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. 21To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. Revelation 3:20-21

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you. Philippians 4:8-9

22Flee the evil desires of youth, and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, along with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 23Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. 24And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful. 25Those who oppose him he must gently instruct, in the hope that God will grant them repentance leading them to a knowledge of the truth, 26and that they will come to their senses and escape from the trap of the devil, who has taken them captive to do his will. 2 Timothy 2:22-26

Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult, but with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing. 1 Peter 3:9

Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. Luke 6:36

12Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. 13Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. 14And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3:12-14

Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus. Philippians 2:5

The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:10

You are still in His hands!
"As the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand." Jeremiah 18:6 NLT
Jeremiah was told by God to go down to the potter's house and see how he makes his vessels: 'The jar he was making did not turn out as he had hoped, so [the potter] crushed it into a lump of clay ... and started over' (Jer 18:4 NLT). Who crushed it? The potter! Why did he crush it? To make something better out of it! Here's the good news: life may have crushed you, but you're still in God's hands! Your family and friends may think you're beyond repair, but God doesn't, and His opinion makes the difference. Your life may seem to be out of control today, but in reality you're still on the potter's wheel. 'As the clay is in the potter's hand, so are you in My hand.'
One day, a friend of Michelangelo saw him working on a piece of marble he'd found on a rubbish dump near Rome. When he asked the master sculptor what he was doing, he replied: 'There's an angel inside and I'm going to bring him out.' How wonderful! From a rubbish dump to a showcase. From a piece of reject marble to a priceless work of art. That's what our God does! Hannah said, 'He raises the poor from the dust ...
To set them among princes' (1 Sa 2:8).
When Jesus called His disciples, He said: 'Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men' (Mt 4:19). You are not born qualified - you become qualified. How? By spending time with Jesus! So stay where the Lord has you today and let Him keep working on you. Tomorrow you'll be glad you did. --Soulfood Bible Readings

Butterflies and Beginnings
Geoffrey lay in the warmth of the bright sunshine and watched beautiful butterflies flit from one flower to another. "This is the saddest day of my life," he said to his brother Wyatt, who was lying on the ground next to him.
"Yeah, mine, too," said Wyatt as he dug at the grass with a stubby piece of stick. "I can't believe Grandma died. She wasn't sick very long at all!"
"I know," said Geoffrey "I miss her."
The back door opened, and the boys' mother came out carrying two glasses of juice. "May I join you?" she asked as she handed each of them a glass. The boys scooted apart, and Mom sat down between them. They could tell she had been crying. Her eyes were puffy, and her nose was red. She closed her eyes and lifted her face towards the warm sun. "The sun feels so good, doesn't it? I'm glad God gave us such a beautiful day," she said as she looked around the yard. "Look at all those butterflies!"
"I guess they hatched from these things," said Geoffrey, handing a couple of empty gray casings to his mother. "Grandma showed these to me a few days ago. She said the caterpillars in them would turn into butterflies."
Mom smiled and nodded. "Those caterpillars have a new and better life now, don't they?" she said. She put an arm around each of the boys. "Grandma has also begun a different life, just like all these lovely creatures," added Mom as tears spilled onto her cheeks. "She has left her old, worn-out body, and now she's with Jesus in heaven. And someday her body will be resurrected and made all new and perfect. Can you imagine what she might do then?"
The boys shook their heads. "I never thought about it before, but she told us she used to like to run races," said Wyatt, "so I bet she'll run a lot when she has a body that doesn't hurt from her arthritis anymore."
"That sounds cool!" said Geoffrey. "I never thought of Grandma being able to run. She always moved so slowly. Maybe she'll even do cartwheels!"
Mom chuckled. "Maybe. We can be sure that she's happy and will never feel pain again. And remember that since both of you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, you'll see her in heaven yourselves someday."
MEMORY VERSE: We shall all be changed. 1 Corinthians 15:51
HOW ABOUT YOU? Have you been sad when someone you love died? It's okay to cry because of the sadness. But remember that when a Christian dies, his soul goes to heaven. So if your loved one was a Christian and you're a Christian, too, you'll see him or her again. And someday those who know Jesus will receive a glorious, resurrected body. (See First Corinthians 15:35-49 to learn more about this.)
THE KEY: Enjoy a perfect body in heaven --Keys for Kids Daily Devotional

A VOLUNTEER'S PRAYER
Author Unknown
"I thank Thee, Lord as a volunteer
For the chance to serve another year.
And to give of myself in some small way,
To those not blessed as I each day.
My thanks for health and mind and soul,
To aid me ever toward my goal.
For eyes to see the good in all,
A hand to extend before a fall.
For legs to go where the need is great,
Learning to love - forgetting to hate.
For ears to hear and heart to care,
When someone's cross is hard to bear.
A smile to show my affection true,
With energy aplenty - the task to do.
And all I ask, dear Lord, if I may,
Is to serve you better day by day."

Read Through The Bible
Exodus 20
The Ten Commandments
1 And God spoke all these words: 2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 3 "You shall have no other gods before me. 4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments. 7 "You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name. 8 "Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. 9 Six days you shall labor and do all your work, 10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your animals, nor the alien within your gates. 11 For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy. 12 "Honor your father and your mother, so that you may live long in the land the LORD your God is giving you. 13 "You shall not murder. 14 "You shall not commit adultery. 15 "You shall not steal. 16 "You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor. 17 "You shall not covet your neighbor's house. You shall not covet your neighbor's wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor." 18 When the people saw the thunder and lightning and heard the trumpet and saw the mountain in smoke, they trembled with fear. They stayed at a distance 19 and said to Moses, "Speak to us yourself and we will listen. But do not have God speak to us or we will die." 20 Moses said to the people, "Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning." 21 The people remained at a distance, while Moses approached the thick darkness where God was.
Idols and Altars
22 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Tell the Israelites this: 'You have seen for yourselves that I have spoken to you from heaven: 23 Do not make any gods to be alongside me; do not make for yourselves gods of silver or gods of gold. 24 " 'Make an altar of earth for me and sacrifice on it your burnt offerings and fellowship offerings, your sheep and goats and your cattle. Wherever I cause my name to be honored, I will come to you and bless you. 25 If you make an altar of stones for me, do not build it with dressed stones, for you will defile it if you use a tool on it. 26 And do not go up to my altar on steps, lest your nakedness be exposed on it.'

Everyday I need you Lord...
Every day I need you Lord,but this day especially,
I need some extra strength,to face what ever is to be.
This day more than any day,I need to feel you near,
To fortify my courage,and to overcome my fear.
By myself I cannot meet,the challenge of the hour.
There are times when humans help,but we need a higher power
To help us bear what must be borne,and so dear Lord,I pray
Hold on to my trembling hand,and be near me today.
--Author Unknown

Wherever you are in life, whatever you've done, you can begin again. If you do not have Jesus in your life and wish to ask Jesus into your life please go to this link now to do so: http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130 .
Jesus is calling you to live a life that matters.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply