Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Daily Recovery Readings, Spiritual Meditations and Prayers > Daily Spiritual Meditations

Share This Forum!  

Daily Spiritual Meditations Post spiritual meditations here to read and feel free to share.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-21-2017, 07:29 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default Spiritual Check Up Day 3

Spiritual Check Up Day 3 by SGLY Ministry

LOVE for your enemies
“But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you,”–Jesus
Matthew 5:44 (NKJV)

Today’s Action Prayer:
Dear God, I really want to obey these words of Jesus but at times I find it is really hard to do. It doesn’t seem right that I should have to love someone who hates me and/or causes me harm, or bless someone who curses me, but I know for me to be spiritually healthy I must be obedient and try very hard to do this.
I know if I try my best to love, pray and bless my enemies, that You will give me the strength I need to accomplish it, and the ability to love as You love.
So help me Father God to remember that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13 (NKJV)

Spiritual Exercise:
Love your enemies:
It has been said if you love someone they can no longer be called an enemy because love conquers all Therefore, we need to focus on loving people whether or not they love us back, for that is how God loves and that is what He wants us to do also.
He will surely give us the strength and wisdom to accomplish this if we ask Him.
Bless those who curse you:
Ask God to soften their hearts toward you. Ask Him to bless them and do a good work in them that will change their hearts.
Do good to those who hate you:
Start looking for ways you can do good to them, even if they continue to treat you badly. Memorize this scripture and repeat it to yourself daily:
“Trust in the Lord and do good” Psalm 37:3
Pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you:
Start praying for them daily.Ask God to work in this situation and turn it around for good.

Doing all of this will be hard, but we all know exercise is hard to do at first, but it does get easier as we continue to do it. So let’s focus on doing what we need to do to become spiritually healthy.
We can tell God that our flesh doesn’t really want to do this. but with His help we are going to focus on doing it because He has said that we should, and we want to be obedient to Him. He will bless us for being obedient, and He will give us the courage and strength we need to accomplish the tasks He has called us to do.
Each day we will become spiritually healthier and stronger and we will be amazed at the results all of this will bring about in our lives!
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply