Links

Join

Forums

Find Help

Recovery Readings

Spiritual Meditations

Chat

Contact

Go Back   Bluidkiti's Alcohol and Drug Addictions Recovery Help/Support Forums > Alcohol, Drugs and Other Addictions Recovery > Recovery Topics and Questions

Share This Forum!  

Recovery Topics and Questions Post all recovery related topics and questions that you have here for discussion.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2013, 09:27 AM   #1
bluidkiti
Administrator

Default What do you like / love about being sober?

I was thinking on this this morning and thought it might be a great topic.

I found this while I was reading things online:

Quote:
12 Reasons Why I Love Being Sober

I discovered recently that my sober life is so much more interesting than my life of drinking. The following are a few funny, but simple reasons why I love being sober:

1. If you go to a meeting every night, you get to spend time with your friends and hear the craziest stories. I’ve never heard better stories than the ones told in a recovery meeting. You also get free bagels occasionally
2. I always try to stay away from events where there is drinking, but when I am forced to be around other people that are active alcoholics, I get a sober view of the night’s events. My first thought is “I hope they get help.” My second thought is “I hope they don’t do what I think they’re going to do!” Never a dull moment.
3. When I was drinking, I would always hear someone say “You can sleep when you’re dead!”. Now, I sleep because I’m tired, not because I’m hungover from the 24 hour party that just occurred the night before. I am no longer forced to pull an all nighter with 20 other people wondering if I’m going to remember what happened the next day.
4. I never have to worry about drinking and driving. I’ll never have to call a cab because I drank too much ice tea.
5. I am always in control of what I say and do. I never have to worry about regretting something I said because I lost control of my verbal filter.
6. My relationships with people are not superficial. I have deeper, more meaningful relationships with friends and family.
7. I save a ton of money. No more ordering expensive bottles of wine with dinner or buying ridiculously expensive mixed drinks. Instead, I’ll save that money for a rainy day or a nice vacation.
8. I deal with problems with clarity instead of drowning them in a bottle of vodka, a bottle of wine or a twelve pack of Corona.
9. I do not have to wonder why there is a person laying in my front yard from the party the night before.
10. I no longer have to deal with obnoxious drunk people and better yet, I am no longer the obnoxious drunk person!
11. I don’t miss work because of hangovers.
12. Last but not least, I have peace. Something that I have never found at the bottom of a bottle.
Life is a beautiful thing when lived with clarity, understanding and a sober perspective.
http://asocietyofsobriety.wordpress....e-being-sober/
Some of mine are the freedom of not living my life around drinking. Having God in my life, knowing Him and enjoying His presence and peace in my life. He is my Higher Power not alcohol. Being able to enjoy time with family and friends and remembering what happened.

Those are just a few I share to get us started. I hope others will join in. It doesn't matter how much sober / clean time you have, just join in.
We stay sober and clean together - one day at a time!
God says that each of us is worth loving.
bluidkiti is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bluidkiti For Sharing:
Sponsored Links
Post New ThreadReply